OT: Price Check: M44 Nagant

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
mklwhite
Levergunner 2.0

OT: Price Check: M44 Nagant

Post by mklwhite »

1944 Izhevsk M44
Condition... Well, I'm not sure how that works real well. there are 3 arsenal stock repairs (well done) shellac coming off (flaking off) in a few places. Metal looks real good (light rust freckles on bolt and one small area on the receiver) it has been counter bored but it looks like a top notch job. Rifling/bore is good. Lock up is good. Side fold bayonet attached. All matching serial numbers. Bayonet lug is "single ear" variety.
Any clue (ballpark estimate) would be helpful, thanks.
Stan in SC
Levergunner 3.0

Re: OT: Price Check: M44 Nagant

Post by Stan in SC »

In good condition it is worth about $150.The single ear bayonet lug was only on one or two years.Used to buy these for $39.Those days are long gone.Model 91/30 still hangs around $69 or so.If you REALLY want a good shooter get a Model 39.

Stan in SC
The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45-70,it's almost a religion
horsesoldier03
Advanced Levergunner

Post by horsesoldier03 »

The best place to go for a price check is Gunbroker or Guns America, or just google it and you might find one for sale on a forum that pops up.
“Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”
mklwhite
Levergunner 2.0

Post by mklwhite »

Looks like some pretty good comps can be found around the $150 range. I had seen one that looked like it was dragged behind a tank for the last year of the war a month ago and they wanted $125 for it. I bought a 91/30 for my son to use. That thing is in pristine condition (1928). Looks like it could have been made in 2008. This m44 is poor by comparison, but when I held that other m44 beater and kind of liked the length and thought if I could find one at a good price and better shape I'd pick one up for a truck gun if nothing else.
southfork
Levergunner 2.0

Post by southfork »

Saw a couple M44's recently at a gun shop. They were taking the bayonets off and were scoping them prior to selling em. They make a better-looking sporter than you'd think.

Mine still has the bayonet on, and it's a heavy little beast. I will use the sling for sure when I carry that Nagant afield. The gun is so mean and ugly looking that... well, people will think I'm nuts to be carrying it around. Still, I like it.
horsesoldier03
Advanced Levergunner

Post by horsesoldier03 »

mklwhite wrote:Looks like some pretty good comps can be found around the $150 range. I had seen one that looked like it was dragged behind a tank for the last year of the war a month ago and they wanted $125 for it. I bought a 91/30 for my son to use. That thing is in pristine condition (1928). Looks like it could have been made in 2008. This m44 is poor by comparison, but when I held that other m44 beater and kind of liked the length and thought if I could find one at a good price and better shape I'd pick one up for a truck gun if nothing else.
I had my M44 Mosin first and purchased it for $70 out the door at a pawn shop approx. 3-4 yrs ago. It is a 1953 Hungarian made M44. It is rough as a cob on the outside, however, it shoots a 5 shot cluster that is no bigger than 2 1/2" at 100 yrds. Earlier this year I purchased a 1926 91/30 Ex Dragoon with the Hex receiver for $99 at the PX here on post. It was also a rearsenalled piece that was still in cosmoline and was in excellent condition. I took it out and was pretty disappointed when I couldnt get groups better than 4". I ended up selling it at a Gun show for $125, although I was pretty disappointed when I passed the booth approx 1 hr later and he had my gun for sale for $240. It bascially all depends on your area.
“Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”
JB
Senior Levergunner

Post by JB »

$75.00 to $125.00 seems to be the actual selling prices for a 1944 M44.
mklwhite
Levergunner 2.0

Post by mklwhite »

Well I looked it over, prepared to make some points about some of the current sales, spoke about its condition he said "make and offer", I said "$40?", he said "sold". I'm happy. :D
TMair
Levergunner 2.0

Post by TMair »

Not to hijack the thread but what bore diamiter do most of the 91/30s Run? I have read that they can be anyware from 308 to 312, I was thinking of getting a couple for my sons, but if I can't get decent bullets for reloading not sure I want to, I would like to be ablel to use spire points not full metal jackets.
Thanks
Terry
horsesoldier03
Advanced Levergunner

Post by horsesoldier03 »

Sounds like you did good! Hope it shoots for you!