OT Domain Names and Site Layout

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Bruce
Levergunner 3.0

OT Domain Names and Site Layout

Post by Bruce »

I have had an interest for awhile concerning creating a site much like Leverguns, but not one that would compete with it in any manner. Kind of like a sister site for another type of rifle. I have found that the domain name I want is for sale, but I have no idea what to offer for it. Any comments or suggestions?

I also note that I have absolutely no experience in designing a site layout or anything close. I would want one alot like Leverguns. Who set up this site and does anyone have a clue what that initial cost would be?

I do not envision my hopefull site as being anywhere near as popular as Leverguns and I have no desire to make any money on it. I just want a place to store and pass on some knowledge that may be slowly slipping away.

Comments, suggestions, pitfalls or by the ways are welcome.
Last edited by Bruce on Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.pumprifle.org/
Bruce Hamlin's Pump Rifle Forum
Hobie

Re: OT Domain Names and Site Layout

Post by Hobie »

Bruce wrote:I have had an interest for awhile concerning creating a site much like Leverguns, but not one that would compete with it in any manner. Kind of like a sister site for another type of rifle. I have found that the domain name I want is for sale, but I have no idea what to offer for it. Any comments or suggestions?

I also note that I have absolutely no experience in designing a site layout or anything close. I would want one alot like Leverguns. Who sit up this site and does anyone have a clue what that initial cost would be?

I do not envision my hopefull site as being anywhere near as popular as Leverguns and I have no desire to make any money on it. I just want a place to store and pass on some knowledge that may be slowly slipping away.

Comments, suggestions, pitfalls or by the ways are welcome.
Paul should be able to answer all your questions.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

You might want to get hold of AmBraCol (Paul) on here - he gave me lots of useful info on that (that I've not done anything constructive yet with...). Anyway, he was very helpful.

You can PM him here - http://www.levergunscommunity.com/ucp.p ... ompose&u=2

[edit] - Hobie, remind me never to challenge you to a quick-draw contest... :lol:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
antilley
Levergunner 1.0

Post by antilley »

i have owned / published / administrated several forums / sites ... so PM if you have any questions you don't get answered. I also do information security for a large financial firm ...... I would be glad to help you get started.

Antilley At Gmail Dot Com

Examples:
http://Texasdirtoval.org -- small site that is still operating
http://dirtoval.com (I sold the site but most of it is still operating as it was and they have a ton of traffic)