sr/spm primers on sale at Cabela's

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

sr/spm primers on sale at Cabela's

Post by earlmck »

Cabela's flyer just came. CCI 400 (small-rifle) primers on sale for 20/1000. And thanks to COSteve we know that the CCI small-rifle primer is identical to the CCI small-pistol-magnum in all specifications (primer material, cup material, cup thickness). Small-rifle and small-pistol-magnum are the main primers I use, and this is the best price I have seen in a couple of years, so I "invested". Shown as "in stock" when I ordered...
The greatest patriot...
is he who heals the most gullies.
Patrick Henry
Bigahh
Levergunner 3.0

Re: sr/spm primers on sale at Cabela's

Post by Bigahh »

that is a good price !
Richard
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Richard »

So, these are identical in specification and can be used interchangeably :?:
If true, this deal save $'s for 'other' components! Thanks for the input!! :mrgreen:
“What no eye has seen, nor ear heard, nor the heart of man imagined, what God has prepared for those who love him” — 1 Corinthians 2:9
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Is the sale in stores also or just on-line?
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

Post by earlmck »

fordwannabe wrote:Is the sale in stores also or just on-line?
That I don't know: we don't have a Cabela's store anywhere near. My order showed up via UPS today. I'd gone in with a couple of friends so the HazMat got diluted down to not much per thousand. The flyer says "items may not be available in our retail stores", so... Maybe?
The greatest patriot...
Patrick Henry
HEAD0001
Levergunner 3.0

Post by HEAD0001 »

In stores also(Wheeling Store). I had my friend pick up 10,000 for me. However he had to ask at the counter to get them. They did not have them on the shelves.

Just be careful with shipping. Cabela's does not combine primers and powder. I called to order 10,000 primers plus 5# of Trail Boss and they wanted over $77 to ship that order. Two hazmat's and two shipping charges of over $18(per box) for shipping two separate boxes. So I declined the order. Then got lucky when a friend made the trip to Wheeling and picked some up for me. Tom.
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Thanks for the heads up Earl. I went to Cabelas for a planning meeting for an upcoming shoot on Saturday, and picked up 3000 of the small rifle primers.....and they just happened to have a 1901 vintage winchester model 1892 in 32wcf that followed me home also. So many thanks. Tom
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

Post by earlmck »

fordwannabe wrote:Thanks for the heads up Earl. I went to Cabelas for a planning meeting for an upcoming shoot on Saturday, and picked up 3000 of the small rifle primers.....and they just happened to have a 1901 vintage winchester model 1892 in 32wcf that followed me home also. So many thanks. Tom
Dang, sure wish we had a Cabelas like that in this neck of the woods! :mrgreen: Maybe you shoulda' got 5000 while you had the chance, in case that 32-20 needs a lot of feeding!
The greatest patriot...
Patrick Henry