WARNING..UPS...FEDEX,,,email virus......

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Mokwaw
Levergunner 3.0

WARNING..UPS...FEDEX,,,email virus......

Post by Mokwaw »

I know several of you receive a lot of UPS and FEDEX deliveries. Recently I have received notifications of supposedly UPS and FEDEX deliveries in my e-mail box. If you get any of these BE CAREFUL they contain a VIRUS.

I clicked on the first one thinking the wife may have ordered something she forgot to tell me about, my firewall caught it and showed it contained a VIRUS.

I have received several of these over the past week supposedly from both UPS and FEDEX so be careful when you see any notifications in your mail.

Rich
UNITE
TMair
Levergunner 2.0

Re: WARNING..UPS...FEDEX,,,email virus......

Post by TMair »

I got two or three of them from UPS, but never found any virous in mine, but still made me wonder what was going one, it was a notice of non delivery for something that was never ordered.
Terry
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

I got an email from UPS stating they were sending me a package when I had not ordered anything from anyone. There was an attachment on the email, which fortunately I was not able to open on my computer here at work.
NRA Life Member
Dave B
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Dave B »

I keep getting those emails as well.
Funny thing is, no packages ever show up. :D :D :D

Dave B
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

I didn't know UPS delivers from Nigeria but I get those e-mails too. I delete e-mails before they get to my computer so no virus.
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

I run about a dozen or so different e-mails (each relating to a different website I manage) and it is interesting to see how many "You've got unchecked messages at Facebook" or Twitter, or MySpace or ??? - and all sent to addresses that have nothing to do with any of those services. They are obvious in that context - but it is also obvious that not everyone has that many e-mail accounts so when something shows up in their inbox and they DO have one of those services it's natural for them to click on it.

Yeah, I've received the UPS notification as well. Spammers are very creative - there needs to be some creative punishment for such folks.
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

AmBraCol wrote:Spammers are very creative - there needs to be some creative punishment for such folks.
I agree completely. I'm thinking stoning to death for a start and maybe as an option, being thrown into a tank with a very hungry pack of sharks. Nothing too extreme though. :lol:
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are