Need extractor for an original 1873

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Need extractor for an original 1873

Post by KirkD »

I have a broken extractor on an old '73 38-40 that I'm fixing up for a friend. I would like to get a modern replacement extractor. It looks like Winchester Bob is out of them, as well as Chas Jones gun parts. Any ideas where I can get a new one that will fit? Will Uberti extractors work?
Kirk: An old geezer who loves the smell of freshly turned earth, old cedar rail fences, wood smoke, a crackling fireplace on a snowy evening, pristine wilderness lakes, the scent of
cedars and a magnificent Whitetail buck framed in the semi-buckhorn sights of a 120-year old Winchester.
Blog: https://www.kirkdurston.com/
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Re: Need extractor for an original 1873

Post by Sixgun »

Kirk,
Call Buckinghams, in Tennessee. I have bought several from him for 73's. Its a semi-easy fix. 731- 559-4367---------------------------------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

Great! Thanks Sixgun.
Kirk: An old geezer who loves the smell of freshly turned earth, old cedar rail fences, wood smoke, a crackling fireplace on a snowy evening, pristine wilderness lakes, the scent of
cedars and a magnificent Whitetail buck framed in the semi-buckhorn sights of a 120-year old Winchester.
Blog: https://www.kirkdurston.com/
ollogger
Advanced Levergunner

Post by ollogger »

ive seen 73 parts on ebay