32 WCF Jacketed ammo

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
coyote nose
Levergunner 2.0

32 WCF Jacketed ammo

Post by coyote nose »

Just picked up a 1911 vintage 1892. Bore looked pretty pitted but the rifling was very strong. Price seemed right. Most passed it up because of the pitting I am sure. Well, I ran a brass brush thru the bore and several patches and guess what? Most of the "pitting" was actually lint! Never did understand why people dont scrub the bores before trying to sell them. Anyway, still pitted but not bad at all...more like a light frosting with strong rifling. Caliber is 32 WCF and while I used to have a 73 in that caliber, I would like to load jacketed bullets in this one. Currently shooting up my only box of Remington Kleenbore 100 gn JSPs probably from the 50's or 60's. What jacketed bullets are out there for this besides the JHPs I am finding? Anybody make a JSP for this? Didn't slug the bore yet, assuming it is .312. I have molds for this and have 100's of cast bullets, but I'd like to stick to jacketed in this.
"...for there is a cloud on my horizon...and its name is progress." E. Abbey, 1958
Hobie

Re: 32 WCF Jacketed ammo

Post by Hobie »

Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Cogratulations on a real rifle. My 1917 1892 .32wcf really does great with the Hornady XTP HP in 85 and 100 grain bullets.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

well as a new owner of a 1901, 92 in 32wcf I would like to know what some of those loads are that you guys are using. Thanks. Tom
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVE. Thanks Hobie(do you ever take a break?)
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
coyote nose
Levergunner 2.0

Post by coyote nose »

Thanks guys. Hobie, all those you listed are HP bullets...any jacketed soft points out there???
"...for there is a cloud on my horizon...and its name is progress." E. Abbey, 1958
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

coyote nose wrote:Thanks guys. Hobie, all those you listed are HP bullets...any jacketed soft points out there???
If I'd found any... Actually, Jim Taylor, IIRC, used the 123 gr. SPs intended for the 7.62x39 but of course he was single-loading them in the leverguns. How's about you answer me a question... If the HPs work, why do you need a SP? Yes, they will work. Further, you really need no more bullet than the Lyman 3118 (aka 311008).
Sincerely,

Hobie

coyote nose
Levergunner 2.0

Post by coyote nose »

Well Hobie, just want some soft points to mess around with. Shooting (and will soon chrono) factory 100 GN JSPs from the 1960's...want to see if I can duplicate them. Will buy the JHPs, but just wondered if the JSPs were still being made somewhere.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

coyote nose wrote:Well Hobie, just want some soft points to mess around with. Shooting (and will soon chrono) factory 100 GN JSPs from the 1960's...want to see if I can duplicate them. Will buy the JHPs, but just wondered if the JSPs were still being made somewhere.
Ah, I see...
Sincerely,

Hobie