OT: Bicycles can be .... UPDATE - after effects

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

OT: Bicycles can be .... UPDATE - after effects

Post by J Miller »

A couple months ago I did a thread about bycycles. I was going to try to buy me a new one but the money had to go to my Pathfinder.
So I began to work on my old bike. Today I finally got it done enough for a test ride.
I hopped on in the drive way and immediately had a cramp in my left calf. Wobbled around till that quit then decided to go out in the alley where I had more room.
Promptly fell off the bike. No damage, was a controlled fall.

Rolled it around to the grass and tried again, promptly fell off again. Same as before, controlled fall and on the grass, no damage.

I realized that years ago when there was much less of me I had raised the seat up so I could pedal better. I lowered the seat so I could get my feet or more of them on the ground. OK, that's better now back to the alley and lets get going.

They say the third time is a charm ... they lie.

Got on the bike, actually got going but really wobbly. Made it about 20 feet and realized both derailleurs were set in the hardest to pedal gear. Reefed down on the pedals, the front wheel swung left and I did a pirouette to the right face down in the weeds right next to a phone pole.
This didn't do me any good cos it knocked all the air outta me and put my arms and face in the weeds.
My only concern was poison ivy. I am deathly allergic to that demon weed. So with no concern to any other injuries I got up and headed back to the house.
Put the bike back in the garage and came in and washed myself down with alcohol. Then I sat down on the pot to take inventory of the damage.
My left pant leg is ripped below the knee and my leg has a 8" ripped up spot that has swollen horribly. Not sure what but something on my bike got me as I went over.

OK, got some ice for my water and a Coke then sent my wife a text:
"Tried to ride bike. Crashed. Need 1st aid. No joke."

So she thinks I'm just being a baby I'll bet, ha wait till she sees the boo boo. We old boys gotta get sympathy some how.

Tomorrow I'll go back out and check the bike over to make sure it wasn't damaged. Then I'll get the gears into the easiest to pedal gear and give it another go. But for today, I'm done.

Joe

PS; After this it's pretty obvious I don't need to buy a new bike right now.
PPS; Glad I didn't hit that phone pole with my head. It would of busted the pole.
Last edited by J Miller on Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT: Bicycles can be hazardous to your health

Post by Rusty »

You still want a motorcycle?
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Rusty wrote:You still want a motorcycle?
Forget the motorcycle :lol: sorry about your ordeal there Joe. :roll:
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Be sure to wash THE BIKE if you're really allergic to poison ivy - lots of people get ivy second-hand from sporting equipment or gardening tools several days after the equipment was exposed, and long after the user has showered the toxin off.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Jeff H
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Jeff H »

I thoiught about getting mine out and riding again............. now I think I will leave it hanging in that garage and start walking again. :oops:

Hope you heal quickly!
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Sorry to hear that, professor. The wife and I bought mountain bikes about eight years ago and rode them for a couple of years. We've thought about getting them up and running, but something always seems to take our time.
Old Law Dawg
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

can be worth it though, I dusted off my bike and am now commuting to and from work, only start the car on weekends. No parking problems, never stuck in traffic, and saving $20 a week on gas.
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Ay caramba Jose!
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

ANd to think, I've owned this bike since 1971!

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

J Miller wrote:ANd to think, I've owned this bike since 1971!

Joe
That bike owns YOU now... :lol: Get out there and ***ch slap that thing back down to size.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Damage Report:
Left leg tore up below the knee,
Left ankle bruised
Both knees bruised
Back of right leg bruised below the knee
Wrists and arms a bit bruised

Blaine, I'll ***ch slap it tomorrow, OK.

Joe
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Better give it a couple of days.
InTheWoods
Levergunner 2.0

Post by InTheWoods »

Ouch.

My wife and I are in our early 60s. About 6 years ago my wife took up cycling, swimming, and limited running. Yep, she went from an totally non-athletic, overweight couch potato to a real triathlete. But, today she is laying next to me on the couch, a couch potato once again. Not her choice, though. She crashed badly a three weeks ago, shattering her wrist bones, spraining her ankle, and cracking her helmet in three places (no head injuries though). She had surgery on her wrist, requiring the insertion of a plate and screws.

But she will biking again by the end of the summer and hopefully going to the triathlon Club Nationals in Myrtle Beach in the fall. My wife lost 40 pounds during this multi-year adventure and has been healthier and happier than at anytime in her entire life. Me? I am healthy (enough) and very happy sitting in my lawn chair, drinking coffee, and watching the trialthetes whiz by. I haven't fallen out of my chair yet! I recommend my method to anybody.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

InTheWoods,

Sorry to hear about your wife's injuries. I know from experience that pain hurts. Take care of her so she'll take care of you when you need it.

The last time I rode my bike was 2000, 11 years ago. Since then I've gained almost 100 pounds, had several falls and have developed spinal arthritis. I'm not flexible much any more and my balance isn't what it used to be.
My MD has been harping on me to loose weight and I have tried without success. I hate walking just to be walking. Don't mind if I'm going somewhere, or hiking, or hunting but just to get out and walk bores me to tears. Not to mention that my weight and the arthritis makes it very painful.

So, I figured that if I could get back on the bike I could exercise and enjoy it. I do enjoy riding. So, I'm working on it.

My friend in Glendale, AZ bought himself a used Mountain type bike and has worked his way up to an almost 20 mile ride. I need to get started so when I eventually get back there we can ride together.

That and I really do need to burn off some FAT.

Joe
jhrosier
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jhrosier »

J Miller wrote:..... I hate walking just to be walking. Don't mind if I'm going somewhere, or hiking, or hunting but just to get out and walk bores me to tears. ...
Joe,

I took up walking a few years ago to relieve stress. I carried my digital camera along and took a lot of photos to occupy my mind. Wildlife, plants & flowers, trees, or anything else that caught my attention.

Unfortunately, after the stress situation went away, so did the walking. I really need to get back out there.

Jack
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

We bought some new bikes a couple years ago and started riding more, Minnesota has some nice paved bike trails on the old RR grades so they are flat and easy going.
Last year on our trip to TX in the MH we took bikes along and rode in the state parks wish was great.
Don`t seem to be helping that spare tire though. :roll:
Because I Can, and Have
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
bj94
Levergunner 2.0

Post by bj94 »

I think bicycles are great for exercise, and also for fun. I don't think they are particularly dangerous, but TOYOTAS are a different story. Especially the one that tried to wipe me out while I was on my bike. Well "all the kings horses and all the kings men" managed to put my face back on.
gak
Senior Levergunner

Post by gak »

I took a face plant a few years back cycling on mild recreational path avoiding another rider while a ride while visiting family in Vail, CO. Shook (and scraped) me up pretty good, but I no longer make fun of the otherwise worthless-looking and odd-fitting ("you sure this is the way it's supposed to go?") silly little helmets I always wondered about (though I'd worn before, I'm not an avid cyclist). The little beak saved my noggin.

I swim a lot, one of my things since a child, and my cardio is in very good shape because of it, and it's great as there are no knee or ankle joint or back stresses...but the doc says the *only* thing that is going to get at the (the next step in) weight and especially gut is diet. I was afraid he'd say that--as I can always easily add on another lap or two to the swim! I'm actually pretty good about diet, but with the metabolism of a dead water buffalo, he says "pretty good" is not good enough :(
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

Joe , I know U weren't laughing at the time but the energy U put into the story made it very Hilarious.Do U mind if I Laugh?
BTW did U get any sympathy from Mrs J ? I can just hear Her " and U want to buy a Harley " lol
Perry in Bangor----++++===Calif
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Joe - maybe you better stay cerebral and motorized with 4 wheels. :D From a guy that broke a collar bone in two places on a mountain bike.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Gobblerforge
Senior Levergunner

Post by Gobblerforge »

Old Savage wrote:Joe - maybe you better stay cerebral and motorized with 4 wheels. :D From a guy that broke a collar bone in two places on a mountain bike.
I'd consider staying out of those places. :lol: :lol:
Gobbler
Click Click Boom
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

All I know is I need to do something to burn more calories. And I do like riding my bike. I'm not a mountain biker, no mountains around here any way, and I've always done well on street bikes. I've just gotten too fat and too stiff.

As for the exercise not helping with the gut, I'm in deep doo doo then. It looks as if I'll just have to starve myself. Am in a situation where I'm not the one working, I have no control over what is purchased and I'm not a cook. As a matter of fact I hate cooking. I flat out despise touching uncooked meat, but I love eating it once it's cooked. Figure that one out. No idea where that came from, it's a recent thing. When it comes to eating I go the path of least resistance. From the fridge, through the micro wave, down the gullet.
I know, that's bad.
I will honestly admit I sometimes eat to feed my one last frayed nerve. When it goes well, we'll see I guess.

I've always been told I need to burn more calories than I eat to loose weight. So that's my goal. Gotta do something alone that route.

gak,
This helmet thing has gotten out of control. I've never worn one and probably never will. My choice. Pretty soon the safety nazis will have us wearing helmets and body padding in the shower.
The strange thing is, every time I've crashed on a bike, my head is never what hits. Always my ribs, knees, hands, and other parts. Usually on my right side too.

Old Savage,
One of the bike shops has a 4 wheel pedal thing. I'm just about tempted to check it out. As for being cerebral that usually gives me a headache.

pwl44m,
You just go ahead and laugh. I am too a little bit. When I crash or just fall down I've always made a most satisfying THUD when I hit.
Did I get any sympathy from the Mrs? Not very much. When she got home I showed her the injured leg and my pants and she said something like "ewww yuck" then sat down at the computer and checked her forum and then the lottery numbers. After that she was disgusted because now she's got to fix my pants. I can't win.
She never said anything about me wanting a Harley. I think she knows I'm smart enough not to try something I know I can't handle.

Joe
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Joe go to lightfootcycles.com read about these. i have 2 of them i can attest to their durability pulling a trailer with all my possesions to the range that weighed 500 lbs with no strain i have the Ranger and it rides better than a Goldwing :D
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Wow! Them are some really neat machines. I like that 4 wheeled one. I sure wouldn't fall off of it.

Joe
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Joe also check out Staton Inc if you really wanna have some fun
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Sorry to hear of your bobo's Joe. Cycling is one of those sports that, although you never forget how; skills can diminish rapidly!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Griff, you are soooooooo right. Once I get over the aches and pains, ( I got bruises in places I can't see ) I'm gonna get back on that mechanical thing and get moving :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :P wheeeeee!

Joe
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Re: OT: Bicycles can be .... UPDATE - I did it!!!

Post by J Miller »

I DID IT, I DID IT!!!!! WHOOO HOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! :P :D :) :mrgreen:

Wife and I went outside this after noon and worked a bit in the garage. I got her to help me check the bike over, no damage from the crashes the other day. Checked the derailleurs, they were OK. Did some break adjustments and then .... and then .... and then .... decided to try to ride it again. Had my wife hold the back of the bike off the ground while I set the gears at the easiest to pedal position.
Then I hopped on and decided I needed to lower the seat just a bit more.
Boo Boo from 1st crash.JPG
My leg the night I crashed. It actually looks worse now, all black and blue too.

Did that and hopped on again. Took off, wobbled a bit but did not crash this time. I made it half way around the block and then pulled into the drive way cos the chain or something was trying to pop out of adjustment.

Double checked the chain and derailleurs again then told my wife to go get her camera. We needed to record this for posterity.

Then back on I went and made it almost around the block again. I could have gone farther but for two things. The clutch in the rear hub is popping out of gear as best as I can tell, and the little munchkin brat in the last pic kept swerving back and forth in front of me slowing me down. As slow as I was going he was slower and I was about to run his little butt down.
Get Ready.JPG
On your mark.JPG
Go.JPG
Wooo Hoooo.JPG
Outa my way munchkin.JPG

But I broke the curse. Now to find my new parts and finish the repairs and get to riding.

Joe
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Good for you, professor. We need you to stick around a while longer.
Old Law Dawg
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Grats bud, that`s the cowboy way. 8)
Is that a john deere bike :?:
Because I Can, and Have
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Pitchy wrote:Grats bud, that`s the cowboy way. 8)
Is that a john deere bike :?:
No, not a John Deere, but it sure is green.
It's a CITOH, a Japanese made early 70s touring bike. I've used the poor thing to death and now I'm asking it to haul a hippo.
kimwcook wrote:Good for you, professor. We need you to stick around a while longer.
Yeah, other than leaving IL I don't plan on leaving this earth any time soon.
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

Joe...
It looks like you scared the little kid on the bike :wink: :lol: :lol:
I need to do the same thing....
I jumped on my daughter pink beach cruiser a while back.....
and rode around the culdesac.....
Fun to ride....but I aint gonna get caught on that thing....
You got me thinkin about going to wallyworld and gett'n a beach cruiser
for my self and the wife...
I think i can beat her in a race..... :lol:
Beach cruisers are a lot easier to ride than a regular 10 speed...
and they come with gears too...5 and 10 speeds....
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Joe,
I am back in Phoenix right now, I have been gone about a year now.
The heat is hard to re-adjust to.
Looking at those pics of you, it will really get to you.
Like you said, you need to drop some pounds.
samb
Levergunner 3.0

Post by samb »

What to go Joe!!!!! I bought a bike last spring, have finally taken it out for a ride last week with my three year old son in a bike seat. We loved it!
alnitak
Senior Levergunner

Post by alnitak »

Joe, good job sticking with it and climbing back on that horse! Now that you are mobile again, get in the habit and I'm sure those pounds will drop off. If nothing else, getting your muscles working again will be satisfying, and I'm sure you will feel better (once the initial aches of inactivity pass).

You've inspired me! Now to get back on my bike!

P.S. -- Get yourself some shorts to ride in -- those jeans will be hot and heavy, and the cuffs will catch in the pedals.
"From birth 'til death...we travel between the eternities." -- Print Ritter in Broken Trail
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Mescalero wrote:Joe,
I am back in Phoenix right now, I have been gone about a year now.
The heat is hard to re-adjust to.
Looking at those pics of you, it will really get to you.
Like you said, you need to drop some pounds.
The hard part is actually dropping the weight. I've fought it since before I left high school and about the only thing that kept it in check was the constant trips to the desert I was making when I lived in AZ.
Here there is absolutely nothing I'm interested in doing. So unless I actually need to go some where I stay home. Ad to that the fact that gas prices have quadrupled and there is less incentive to go anywhere.
But I'm working on it.
alnitak wrote:Joe, good job sticking with it and climbing back on that horse! Now that you are mobile again, get in the habit and I'm sure those pounds will drop off. If nothing else, getting your muscles working again will be satisfying, and I'm sure you will feel better (once the initial aches of inactivity pass).

You've inspired me! Now to get back on my bike!

P.S. -- Get yourself some shorts to ride in -- those jeans will be hot and heavy, and the cuffs will catch in the pedals.
Never wear shorts except when I go swimming. Don't ask me why, I just don't. I do have a pants retainer I normally use. If you look at the second picture it's right under the front of the seat on the bar.

Joe
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Congrats, Joe; inspiring! :mrgreen: I've thought (fleetingly), that I need to bui;d a rack to mount my back on the back of my truck... never w/o transportation and no excuses to ride regularly... but leaving a $1K bike out in varying weather and the likelihood of theft don't appeal to how I think one oughta treat good equipment. Proud of ya Joe.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Going to pick up my Mossberg 20 guage pump later.
Barrel shortened to 20"
Vang comp barrel
forcing cone lengthened
ghost ring sights
side saddle shell holder
hopefully get my 1911 in .357Sig also.
Grizzly Adams
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Grizzly Adams »

Your on the right track, Joe. Stay with it, and it will pay off for you, Pace yourself, and don't try to do too much at first. Set goals, and keep moving the bar. Good luck!
If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a Vet!
COMNAVFORV, Vietnam 68-70
NRA Life, SASS Life, Banjo picking done cheap!

Quyana cekneq, Neva
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Joe,

I've been on the weight "roller coaster" since I was a kid. I was always a chubby guy.

The key is determination and WANT! Do you WANT IT?
Nothing else matters. No Doctor or spouse can force you to lose
the weight. You Have to Want It!!

When Blondie and I got together I was @ 200 lbs. A bad divorce and a slight bout of depression.
Lost some weight because I didn't care for a while.

almost ten years later I'm pushing 280. Not happy about that
any more than she is.
I try and try to watch my diet but the stress I'm under
to be a sucessful provider drives me to unhealthy habits!
Would love to be back to 200 pounds but I'd be happy @ 250.
Tryin'

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Wednesday Update:

Bruises on the back of my legs are horrible. My lower legs and ankles and forearms hurt. My head, neck and shoulders hurt pretty bad too. Although my head didn't hit the ground I'm thinking I might have caused a whiplash or similar in the neck. In general I feel like pelosi and just don't want to do anything but sleep.

I need to find something for brunch and then try to do some things. Although I'm not really feeling ambitious right now.

Joe
model55
Levergunner 3.0

Post by model55 »

You are an inspiration I've been sitting (laying ) on the couch thinking about doing just that!I'm serious not joking-was told to loss 40 lbs a year and a half ago but with taking care of Dad have put it off as is so easy to do.More power to you-hang in there!
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Holy carp Joe,
Gus, my black lab knocked me off my porch; and I took a heck of a tumble,couple of little sore spots, no bruising.
You better get back to the desert and toughen up,carrying the gun I will give you for an " escape from Illinois" present.
Gobblerforge
Senior Levergunner

Post by Gobblerforge »

Don't discount lactic acid as part of your hurts. Your starting a training program along with some injuries. Just keep thinking how easy and fun it will be when it doesn't hurt to peddle. Stick with it. It won't take long.
Gobbler
Click Click Boom
Ji in Hawaii
Senior Levergunner

Post by Ji in Hawaii »

J Miller wrote:ANd to think, I've owned this bike since 1971!

Joe
Image :?: :?: :?: :wink:
Illegitimus Non Carborundum
Akā, ʻo ka poʻe hilinaʻi aku iā Iēhova, e ulu hou nō ko lākou ikaika;
E piʻi ʻēheu aku nō lākou i luna, e like me nā ʻaito;
E holo nō lākou, ʻaʻole hoʻi e māloʻeloʻe,
E hele mua nō lākou, ʻaʻole hoʻi e maʻule.
`Isaia 40:31
Ji in Hawaii
Senior Levergunner

Post by Ji in Hawaii »

I recently got a Wally World special 7 speed Avalon cruiser bike which I ride mostly on the road and a 2 mile stretch of dirt levee. I need to get a cardio workout but I hate walking except in the woods with a rifle in hand. I opted for the slightly lower top bar model for three reasons: 1. After 4 back surgeries I am pretty much stiff as a board lacking flexibility so the lower bar aids in getting my leg over it to ride. 2. I value my family jewels even though nowadays they are more for decoration than anything else though still hurts like hell if I bang them against anything hard enough. :o 3. I LOVE the color blue. I am very secure in my manhood and the practicality of design was unquestionable. Besides this was the last Avalon bike on the island which made the choice that much easier. ;) It has front and rear suspension (good for my bum back) and Shimano hardware. Also a strong but lightweight aluminum frame. Best of all the price here in Hawaii was $114.00.
I am a happy camper/biker.

Last edited by Ji in Hawaii on Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Illegitimus Non Carborundum
Akā, ʻo ka poʻe hilinaʻi aku iā Iēhova, e ulu hou nō ko lākou ikaika;
E piʻi ʻēheu aku nō lākou i luna, e like me nā ʻaito;
E holo nō lākou, ʻaʻole hoʻi e māloʻeloʻe,
E hele mua nō lākou, ʻaʻole hoʻi e maʻule.
`Isaia 40:31
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Friends Call Me Ji wrote:I just bought a bike from Wally-World for $100.00 a 7 speed cruiser so that I could get a cardio workout (I hate walking except in the woods with a rifle in hand). I try to ride a couple times a week at least 5 miles each time.
That's why I'm trying to get this one up and running. Cardio and burn calories is my plan. I just don't the money to spare.

I saw a bike like the one in the above pic in a shop here not long ago. It had a very big price tag on it.

Joe
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Saturday the 6-11 Report:

Both legs swollen worse than last Wednesday. The left one is so swollen from the knee down, the skin feels tight and hard. My left ankle and foot is so swollen I can hardly move my ankle joint or wiggle the toes. Not so much pain unless I touch certain parts or rub the wrong places. Forget getting my boots or shoes on.

The right side is also swollen but not near as bad.

I've come to the conclusion I need to quit crashing my bike. I'm too old for this.

I never "felt" old until now. Now I are ...... old :(

Joe
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

I know you are going to hate to read this, when you heal; you are really going to have to start an exercise program.
The sooner you do it the better off you will be.
At our age , we can't afford too many breakdowns.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Mescalero wrote:I know you are going to hate to read this, when you heal; you are really going to have to start an exercise program.
The sooner you do it the better off you will be.
At our age , we can't afford too many breakdowns.
THAT is WHAT I was trying to do. Fix the bike so I could ride it for exercise. Sigh, I may be old but I ain't quit yet.
And I totally understand about not being able to afford the breakdowns.
I need to move forward, not take two steps forward and 5 back.

Joe