OT: Chevy Traverse, GMC Acadia - anybody got one?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
octagon
Senior Levergunner

OT: Chevy Traverse, GMC Acadia - anybody got one?

Post by octagon »

Having recently sold my wore out GMC Suburban 4:4, I am looking to replace it with the Traverse or Acadia. Does any body have any experience with them - good or bad? Thanks for any help guys.
bj94
Levergunner 2.0

Re: OT: Chevy Traverse, GMC Acadia - anybody got one?

Post by bj94 »

I have not been in one yet but my wife wants an Acadia Denali. I'll get around to looking at them and researching them eventually.
muddydog
Levergunner

Post by muddydog »

funny you should ask. I bought the wife a 2011 Traverse in December. she loves it for urban driving and for parking in the parking garage at her work.

she loves it- thats all that matters.

downsides-in my view
1- disturbing lack of getty up n go. you won't be able to smack the filly in the fanny to get her to go faster right then and now.

2- uncomfortable seats for the long haul. i ride fantastic in my Dodge Ram Crew Cab 4x4. but i just went on a trip from Tulsa to Manhattan Kansas and the drive back 3 days after my trip up was a nightmare. my azz, my back hurt for 2 days.

these are leather seats BTW.
no more long trips in it. I'll eat the gas mileage and drive the Ram.

3- very odd field of views in the mirrors. i'm not keen on it. hard to describe.

4- handles choppy to me, FWD car i guess.

i was going to get her a new Durango to replace her old one. she wanted a body style like the Lexus/Traverse/Murano.

5- thin body. we got racked with golfball and even baseball size hail a few weeks ago. my Dodge had minimal body damage. her traverse looks like i gave a Kindergarten Class a dozen of Ball Pin Hammers and a case of Pixie Straws.

remember
SHE LOVES IT.

ahhhhh women.
Mich Hunter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Mich Hunter »

My wife has a 2008 Buick Enclave which is pretty much Buicks version of the Acadia/Traverse. It is a very nice car however, here is what I have for you

PRO's

Very nice riding vehicle. It is smooth as butter and handles like a sports car. The V-6 has plenty of power. Her car has pretty much every option including heated seats which is nice in the winter.

CON's

We have had nothing but problems with it. It has been in over a dozen times for warranty work. Here is what had to be replaced or fixed
Computer died
Tie rods replaced
Rear air/heat controls replaced
Drive shaft replaced
rear door seals replaced
Factory head unit replaced
Water pump replaced
AWD serviced
Battery

Our car has been a darn lemon. We ordered it from the factory and it has been nothing but problems. It only has 36K miles on it. The AWD is awesome in the snow but it eats gas. I get better gas mileage in my 2009 Silverado 4X4. If you plan on getting the AWD option, expect 16mpg in town and maybe 17 highway.
Hecter
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Hecter »

We have a 2009 Traverse and have no trouble with it. It is a FWD not AWD. It has plently of power..it blows away my Silverado pick-up and my Monte Carlo SS. It rides very well and gets good fuel mileage. We do not tow anything but I know many people who do. We live in snow country and this thing blows right through fresh snow. From my experience I would not hesitate to buy one. Some times you get a lemon but we have a good one.
octagon
Senior Levergunner

Post by octagon »

Thanks for taking the time to respond guys. The Wife kinda wants one for taking road trips and such with the 3 offsprings. I am on the fence between these or a 4 door Chevy truck. Two of the three offsprings are long legged.
muddydog
Levergunner

Post by muddydog »

your butt, legs and back will be sore on those trips. I suggest lots of stopping and checking out the locals.