OT: Did you get to enjoy your Father's Day???

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

OT: Did you get to enjoy your Father's Day???

Post by Old No7 »

I hope you all got to enjoy your Father's Day doing something fun.

I'll start off...

We took the Arima Sea Ranger 19' (130 Honda 4-stroke for power) out for a ~35 Nautical Mile trip around the outer islands of Casco Bay; starting in Portland, over to Portland Head light and then heading up to the Haraseeket River at Freeport (home of L L Bean) for lunch at the dock, and then back by an inshore route. My son had to work, but my daughter -- and the dog -- joined us for the trip. It was a little windy, but the boat handled the chop just fine.
Fathers Day trip.jpg
Sure wish my Dad could have joined us for this trip; but as I learned all my seamanship skills from him, he was there in spirit.
Arima - Sea Ranger 19.jpg
Hope your day was a great one!

Old No7
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT: Did you get to enjoy your Father's Day???

Post by TedH »

I enjoyed my Father's Day very much. Spent it with my little girl, and my Dad. Did a little shooting, took the folks out to eat, basically just some quality time with everyone. She had a great time blowing up water filled soda cans.
!CID__0619111733-00.jpg
!CID__20110619173442.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NRA Life Member
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

had a good week at Corpus last week - just got back today.
Kayaked a couple of days with a good friend
my daughter
and my girlfriend's daughter
here's my girl again
caught a few fish, but I was really proud of the girls - first morning they paddled all the way across a 2-mile flat against the wind, then we barged the boats together and drifted back dragging a drift sock, looking for fish, and caught a few.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Trimmed overhanging brush off the driveway, and decided to do same at the range; son was brave enough (with me driving :shock: ) to get in tractor front-end-loader bucket and trim high branches. Really helped though. Fixed other stuff (fence charger, etc.), then got on the roof to try again to find the leak using the garden hose. Think we found it; hope my patch worked. (I am SO going to get a metal roof and be done forever with these #*&$ shingles!). Grilled sausage & got a card from two of my kids. All in all fun stuff and a good time.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Drove from about Tacoma to Portland Or for a VooDoo Donut: A fresh maple bar with a strip of bacon in it. The line was two hours when we got there......But, we had a good old time chatting and hanging out. Honestly, Kimberly is one of the more interesting and grown up-acting adults I know. I can't imagine haveing a more precious and wonderful day. :D :D
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
perry owens
Levergunner 3.0

Post by perry owens »

On balance, a day best forgotten.
Started well with the family going off to cheer my son on a 50 mile charity bike ride, leaving me free to go to our CAS club meet.
Heavy rain and partial flooding meant that wellingtons replaced cowboy boots but shooting in the rain is the English norm.
During the day the left extractor broke on my 1897, severely compromising ejection, the extractor on my 1873 started slipping off the cartridge rims and my Burgess started to light-strike every few rounds. Only my Old Armys performed flawlessly as usual.
Back home to an empty house, six black powder guns to clean and three to repair.
Later that evening, sitting in the garden treating my depression with Spanish brandy and Cuban cigars, a big old fox wandered through as he does every evening.The mood I was in, if I'd had a gun handy, I would have cheerfully "Nathed" him.
Perry Owens
"Always carry a firearm east of Aldgate Watson."
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Borregos »

Had a great Father's Day, shot silhouette (handgun and levergun) in the morning with my younger daughter and then went to my granddaughter's dance recital with my elder daughter in the evening :D :D :D
Pete
Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile gnawing through the leather straps to get up in the morning..................
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Drove up from Dover talkin' to my son on cell, got the truck's oil changed & lubed, fixed a couple of issues with the company "pull toy", and fixed my right-hand mirror where some moron had to rub his against mine, cracking the mountings... (that epoxy stuff is right handy... near enough to duct tape to be dern near indispensible)! Lazed around and watched TV!

On a better note, found out that at least the base in DE will allow guns, but they have to be taken into the armory for safe-keeping while I'm on the base... so maybe now, if I know I'm coming up on a weekend when there's a cowboy (or other) shoot... Ahhh, planning... such a lost art... and a pain in the rear!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Had a really nice day.
Got up early and sat on the rear deck with the dogs a cup of coffee and a decent book.
Haven't done that in a while. The boys gave me a nice card and a gift card to a rest. that their mother
likes. :D
Did a whole lot of nothin' then went to my Dad's for dinner.
Bought him a new electric chain saw that he loved.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
Birdman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Birdman »

I sure did. Started out Friday evening. My son called and said supper was on the way and don't make plans because he bought a movie. MAN, my favorite pizza and the new True Grit movie with my wife and son. Saturday my som worked so I saw very little of him but my wife and I went to our area minor league baseball game. Sunday we all ate bacon and eggs for breakfast, went to the local bar with my son for chicken wings for dinner, and we all ate steaks together for supper. In between I worked on my garage and cleaned it up so I could get my truck put up and also got in a nice motorcycle ride. This was a near perfect weekend. I am truely blest.
bsaride
Senior Levergunner

Post by bsaride »

Spent a couple hours working, grabbed some McD's then my youngest showed up.
Wasn't supposed to see the oldest but ended up making arrangements for youngest
and I to head out there. Spent some quality time with just me and my girls, grocery
shopping then throwing some beef and veggies on the grill. played games, ate, played
some more, then headed home. Good fathers day although I had talked the youngest
into taking me to the indoor range (we've done this for the past several years) that
didn't happen this year. Youngest bought me a twilight fishing trip for two and I will
take here out this summer.
KI6WZU
NRA member
"When they call the roll in the Senate, the Senators do not know whether to answer 'present' or 'not guilty.'"
--President Theodore Roosevelt (1858-1919)

“Democracy must be something more than two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner”
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

Yeah. Despite my "lung affliction" we went down to the ranch and celebrated Father's Day with family. I took the grandkids riding around in a jeep and ate cold fried chicken and pasta salad out on the lawn. :D
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

perry owens wrote:On balance, a day best forgotten.
That's how I felt. Day was hot as blazes. Hoped to work around the house getting a few chores done, but felt like stuff, fighting a sinus infection. Everything I touched seemed to go wrong. Been in quite a funk lately and this just didn't help.

I am so blessed I shouldn't be feeling this way. Guess I just miss my Dad a bit worse this time of year... :(
igon51
Levergunner

Post by igon51 »

Had a great afternoon with my eldest daughter. Went for about a 5 mile hike on the county maintained Eastside Overland Trail. Skeeters and deer flies were miserable and we forgot bug spray! Took the return trip the long way around on the county roads to avoid the pests. It was hotter but more enjoyable than the bug attacks. Went out for lunch afterwards then home to open gifts...a multi-compartment toolbox/organizer and Steve Young's Rossi 92 video and upgrade kit. Can't wait to watch and learn then apply. All in all a great day.
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Last week for our 30th anniversary The Wife and I went on a Cruise to Alaska, left from Seattle, saw the Whales and Glacier Bay. Had a wonderfull week. returned to Seattle Saturday morning and She booked another wale watching tour to San Juan Island for Father's Day. We spent the whole day on the tour and saw a bunch of Orca's. got the jet to Cleveland Sunday nite at !!:00pm and We were home Monday morning by 8:00am. You Guys who live in the Pacific Northwest are truly blessed. I will never forget it. We went with this tour from Seattle, very nice.http://www.clippervacations.com/san_jua ... ndsdaytrip
2X22
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 2X22 »

It was a wonderful day. My son took me out for breakfast, got to see my Granddaughter, Daughter & SIL took me out to a movie and the wife took me out to dinner!

Yep, this area is pretty neat, isn't it .45colt! Within just a few hours a fellow can be in the ocean surf, in a rainforest, in the mountains, in an Alpine forest and then in the desert. Every year our freezer is full of waterfowl, upland gamebirds, deer, elk, bear, along with salmon, steelhead and freshwater fish. I wouldn't live anywhere else unless forcibly moved :D

2x22
"Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." - Thomas Jefferson
Stan in SC
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Stan in SC »

My wife and I were invited to my younger daughter's boy friend's lake house and we had lunch and a boat ride on his pontoon boat.Later the older daughter called me from Shreveport.I love my girls.Life is good.

Stan in SC
The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45-70,it's almost a religion