3 in 1

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

3 in 1

Post by madman4570 »

Guys,
Now I am not cheap but I like to think of myself as frugal.
This is way OT :lol:
But------When something is really innovative and works extremely well and is very frugal intended(I like it and feel compelled to share)
A month ago my wife brought home from Walmart this big 32Oz container of I thought shampoo???

She said no,its three things Shampoo/Conditioner/and a special citrus BODY WASH :shock:
I kinda laughed at her and said I like my red cranberry dial soap :lol: (OK, quit laughing)
She said take a small dab lather up the hair and swipe some on your sqiggy????(ya know that round ball of netting thing?)
I tried it and Holy Smokes! That stuff is unreal.It lathered like nothing I have ever seen.
No soap bars/no conditioner bottle/just that nice black cool bottle.
I have noticed Zero soap residue/scum in shower/no more dropping the soap??? and the clean moist feeling I now have makes me feel like a big sweet citrus fruit?
Its Suave Professionals for Men(Hair & Body)Citrus Rush and know I cant keep the wife from constantly chasing after me??
It costs $2.97($2.47)on sale for the big bottle and I seem to have used about half the bottle in 30days($1.24)@month :D
And I usually shower morning and night!

After this posting I have to get off and lay stone(wife wants I think the whole place field stoned?) and says I am starting to slack a bit and on here too much so----- later gents!
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Re: 3 in 1

Post by Pete44ru »

Is yer commercial gonna run right after Capital One's ? ;) . :mrgreen: . :mrgreen: . :mrgreen:

madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

:lol: :mrgreen: :wink: whoops I dropped my soap! :lol:
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

So you have become fruity and you are getting stoned - 60s again??? :D
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Will this stuff clean black powder residue out of lever guns too?

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Thanks for the tip :D Another post that I'm glad no photos have been posted. :lol:
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

Enjoy it while it lasts. I'm sure it contains something that the enviro's will convince the government to ban in the next few months.
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I think his wife just didn't like cranberry.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Cliff
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Cliff »

Sounds like a decent product but hope it isn't anti-bacteria stuff in it. It seems most of the liquid anti bacterial soaps have a habit of raising hobb with septic systems. Just saying. Hope it works out.
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Guys,
Had a friend stop up last night(went to school with)and now she is a lab manager at a Company that tests products and anything else that needs chemical analysis performed and evaluated.

We got talking about the economy and how people are becoming more frugal how they spend their money.
Anyhow, I brought up that 3 in 1 stuff mentioned here.
She laughed and said they did many tests/analysis on all types cleaning aids for humans(soap/shampoo/lotion etc.)

Bottom line---------coming from her--------------Just plain mild Shampoo like say the 23oz Suave shampoo you get at Walmart for $1 works well for everything(soap/shampoo)she made a good point------when you wash your hair and all that shampoo lather is all over your body(what do you do???rinse it off. If you work that as you would soap(its the same thing)
For the conditioner she said (most tests showed unless you leave it on proper time(most don't)kinda a waste.
Better to put a few squirts of moisturizing lotion in your shampoo bottle(1 bottle of that with last about 150 bottles of shampoo)

So, bottom line(buy the cheap family size)$1 bottle of Suave and use as all in one.If you have dry hair add couple squirts of moisturizer to the bottle.Lather up good/rinse :lol:

Not being cheap but frugal :wink: and yes I must have too much time on my hands typing this post :lol: but I love you guys! :oops: :D
One interesting note----body deodorant (the ones that have MUSK scent actually does arose women compared to other scents)she said. (BTW,she is a looker too)
Bought me some Speed Stick 3.25oz MUSK DEODORANT today at Wally World(2 for $5)see if it works tonight??? :oops:
If it does work---there is stong MUSK from Egypt that I might order :D ---(yep, Egyptian MUSK)

ps---not responsible for damaged/falling out hair/skin rashes(try at own risk) :D
Last edited by madman4570 on Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

I use the Dielectric cranberry stuff too. Then when the bar gets too small to hold it goes in the shaving mug.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Your Squiggy is TMI, Bro :? :oops:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

What's Hair? :?
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
1894c

Post by 1894c »

time for another bowl of pop-corn...wow... :o
rock-steady
Levergunner 2.0

Post by rock-steady »

Turn in your man card immediately. Report to the cosmestic aisle for all your feminine needs.

:oops:
"People who need long explanations at moments when everything depends on instinct have always irritated me." ~ Guy Sajer
geobru
Levergunner 3.0

Post by geobru »

I went to my daughter on a visit last year, and all she had was some kind of body wash. When I got done with the shower, I felt like I had been slimed! Personally I kinda like the squeaky clean feel of good old bar soap.
JMTCW
Cliff
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Cliff »

Interesting. I have read somewhere you can cut shampoo about 10 to 1 with water to extend it. Tried it with mine, it does seem to work. I picked up some of the Grandpa's Pine Tar Soap. It is supposed to be good for washing, shampoo and shaving soap. Seems to work real well. Rinses off very clean, smells like wood smoke, but does rinse off leaving no odor. Just mentioning it.
GoatGuy
Senior Levergunner

Post by GoatGuy »

madman4570 wrote:Guys,..... Just plain mild Shampoo like say the 23oz Suave shampoo you get at Walmart for $1 works well for everything(soap/shampoo)she made a good point------when you wash your hair and all that shampoo lather is all over your body(what do you do???rinse it off. If you work that as you would soap(its the same thing)
For the conditioner she said (most tests showed unless you leave it on proper time(most don't)kinda a waste.
Better to put a few squirts of moisturizing lotion in your shampoo bottle(1 bottle of that with last about 150 bottles of shampoo) .....ps---not responsible for damaged/falling out hair/skin rashes(try at own risk) :D
Who'd have thought such? :shock: Thanks ever so much for the tip! :P
"If a man does away with his traditional way of living and throws away his good customs, he had better first make certain that he has something of value to replace them." - Basuto proverb.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

It not cheap. Your spending your money the best you see fit. :wink:

Here in the East you can buy "Head & Mane" shampoo. Its a huge bottle for about $3. It has a picture of a horse on it but that don't mean people can't use it.

If we all sat down and looked around at all the money we pee away on junk---things we "think" we "need", well, you would be amazed at the cheap alternatives. Marketing, advertising, and excess money has nearly destroyed our ability to think, and all along we are the ones providing the million dollar bonus's for the CEO's, bucks for the rich guy's portfolios, and.....................drum roll..............million dollar paychecks for the garbage professional sports players, along with the mega bucks we pay Hollywood "celebrities".

I learned long ago how to keep money in my pocket. I just look at how things were done a hundred years ago and try to duplicate it the best I can. With the exception of vehicles, medical technology, and electricity, I have come pretty close.

We all tend to worry about what "others" may "think". Screw 'em all.---except you guys :D ----------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Except for shaving cream, hot water and a mesh scrubber has been all I've needed for years....any soap makes me itch. A little Bay Rum, and Gold Bond powder, and I'm good for the day.

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
GoatGuy
Senior Levergunner

Post by GoatGuy »

TMI, 3T's :lol:
"If a man does away with his traditional way of living and throws away his good customs, he had better first make certain that he has something of value to replace them." - Basuto proverb.
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

I'd like to hear Murbach's opinion of this thread...

Oly
Cheers,
Oly

I hope and pray someday the world will learn
That fires we don't put out will bigger burn

Johnny Wright
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

HAR! That swave ans deboner stuff is best left to them city dandies what hang around those "biker bars" without the bikes! Ya know the ones. :evil: Plain ol' lye soap works and it'll leave the tinglies all over too! :twisted: If ya wanna feel moist, don't towel off when get dressed. :P As fer scents... Mink oil on yer boots'll keep that leather supple, and a dab under the corner of yer jaw will just naturally attract them minxes! It's said that mink oil on yer boots will revive those gals that're passed out on the barroom floor. Go easy on that stuff, slather it on too thick, it might just revive 'er enough so's she'll notice how rough lookin' ya are from all the washin' and shavvin' with lye soap! :twisted: :lol: :lol:
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Buck Elliott
Member Emeritus

Post by Buck Elliott »

If you find things like that, that you really like, and that really work for you, buy a lifetime supply, NOW, because sure as shootin', the product will be discontinued or radically changed, within a year...
Regards

Buck

Life has a way of making the foreseeable that which never happens, and the unforeseeable, that which your life becomes...
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Griff,
I don't know..........................
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Mescalero wrote:Griff,
I don't know..........................
Whaaat? :P :lol: :wink:
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Mink oil?
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Buck Elliott wrote:If you find things like that, that you really like, and that really work for you, buy a lifetime supply, NOW, because sure as shootin', the product will be discontinued or radically changed, within a year...
Your dead right Buck!
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Mescalero wrote:Mink oil?
Mink, Minx...?
Moisture protection is a must. Mink oil will waterproof and preserve the shoe, but it can darken lighter shades of leathers. Silicone spray provides water protection and doesn't alter the color. Shoe care products are readily available at your local shoe repair, drug or grocery store.
Hey, it was my story... I'll tell it my way. I thought about using castorneum, but thought that might be too esoteric! Although its odor es mucho malo!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
Senior Levergunner

Post by 2571 »

Cliff wrote:Interesting. I have read somewhere you can cut shampoo about 10 to 1 with water to extend it. Tried it with mine, it does seem to work.
Ran out of dish soap last week. Filled contatiner with a few o unces of water, shook container. Seems to make the dishwater suds lake usual. Saved me a trip to the mkt.

Use it up!
Wash it up;

Wear it out.
Make it do
Or do without!
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

This seems appropriate:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeCevc23SUk

Oly
Cheers,
Oly

I hope and pray someday the world will learn
That fires we don't put out will bigger burn

Johnny Wright
Walker
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Walker »

madman4570 wrote:makes me feel like a big sweet citrus fruit
Thanks! Now I need a new keyboard :lol:
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Walker wrote:

Could have went further and said "just waiting to be picked" :?: :oops:

:D :lol: :lol:
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

madman4570 wrote:
Walker wrote:

Could have went further and said "just waiting to be picked" :?: :oops:

:D :lol: :lol:
Does he have a peel?

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
Canuck Bob
Senior Levergunner

Post by Canuck Bob »

A real man doesn't use soap! A rag soaked in varsol cleans everything.

By the way, thanks for clarifying the squigley thing. I threw up in my mouth on first reading!

:lol: