Conversation with ATF

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Conversation with ATF

Post by Mike D. »

I received a call this morning from the person who is responsible for FFL licensing. I had called earlier this week asking why my license had not been renewed. It is over 3 months in arrears and she was very apologetic for that. It seems that my application had been "misplaced" and the situation has been corrected. The renewal is going out today and it should arrive in a week. Hopefully in time to bid in RIA's upcoming auction. :)
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Re: Conversation with ATF

Post by J Miller »

Mike,

Glad that's all squared away.

We had that happen with our rent check last year. We got a phone call from the land lord wanting to know where the rent payment was. We told him we'd mailed it on such and such a date and it should have been there.
When we got home we checked with our banks on line check list and found where the check had been not only received but cashed. When we told him that and said we had a copy of the canceled check he back watered and apologized.
Love it when that happens.

What are going to buy first?

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

Possibly a refinished Winchester Semi Deluxe 1886 ELW .45-70, IF the bids are where they should be, but you never know with auctions. Other than that, no clue. :)
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Mike D. wrote:I received a call this morning from the person who is responsible for FFL licensing. I had called earlier this week asking why my license had not been renewed. It is over 3 months in arrears and she was very apologetic for that. It seems that my application had been "misplaced" and the situation has been corrected. The renewal is going out today and it should arrive in a week. Hopefully in time to bid in RIA's upcoming auction. :)

Wait a minute - are you sure you were talking to someone working for the government - the United States' government? "Very apologetic", giving an honest explanation of what happened, and correcting the error right away sure doesn't sound like our government to me!
Nate C.
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Nate C. »

Ysabel Kid wrote:Wait a minute - are you sure you were talking to someone working for the government - the United States' government? "Very apologetic", giving an honest explanation of what happened, and correcting the error right away sure doesn't sound like our government to me!
I am more surprised that he called a government agency and was able to find a person who would answer their telephone rather than just let the call go to voicemail. Whether its a government agency or a private business, nothing aggravates me more than leaving messages that get ignored.
Texas State Rifle Association http://www.tsra.com

Freemason. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freemasonry
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

My renewed license arrived day before yesterday so the whining can stop now. :)
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Mike D. wrote:My renewed license arrived day before yesterday so the whining can stop now. :)
OK Mike, you've had the license almost 3 days, where's the new gun?

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

Shoot, I'm waiting few days for the "newness" to wear off, Joe. In other words I haven't seen anything that "needs" to be here. There is a Winchester 1886 in RIA's Regional Auction that may be bid on. Nothing really good, but might be a fair buy. Lot # 2047, a worn .45-70 ELW. Notice the caliber is listed as .45-70 W.C.F. Gotta be a typo, but I'll give them a call tomorrow to check it out. :)