OT - Valentine's Day

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

OT - Valentine's Day

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

I typically have about as much common sense as the average rock, but one thing I've learned over the past many years of marriage is that money spent today and tomorrow on what we might consider the frivolous will typically go a long way in a gun purchase argument for the next 60 days or so. At least it seems to work out that way for me.

A dozen roses in a wrap/bundle seems to be going for about $48 in my area today. That's a lot cheaper than what I can usually walk out of a Godiva store having spent. It's like a 20 rnd box of 348Win except that it drops leaves a pedals all over the counter over the next week and is not nearly as loud.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I opted out of the "Blackmail Day" ratrace a long time ago.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
ohwin94_61
Levergunner 2.0

Post by ohwin94_61 »

The wife last Saturday went with me to the local gun show I told here what I was looking for and didn't find it she went back and found it for me :wink: On The way homefrom work today I stopped and got the wife a dozen roses and a box of candy so Rimshot I totally agree with your theory 100%. Even after the fact :roll:
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

If you think a Valentine's day present is expensive, try doing without it and see what it cost's you.

Rusty <><
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
cnjarvis
Senior Levergunner

Post by cnjarvis »

I hate valentines day because it's so commercialized and usually one-sided. That said, I know better than to skip it.

Monday I priced 1/2 doz. in a vase ($45) here and promptly told them no thank you. Went to wally world, picked up a vase for $5, a bottle of water and a dozen red roses (wrapped) for $9 and was out the door tax included for less than $17 Then took it to her office and presented it to her personally. :wink:

We're doing dinner on Friday nite.

Side note: the roses were supposed to be $19.98 but the lady stocking the flower display had told me they were $9 and the cashier honored that price. Sweet!
Jeff Quinn
Shootist

Post by Jeff Quinn »

I haven't decided just what to get yet.

I have it narrowed down between a brand new steam iron, or a bathroom scale that squeals like a hog when you step upon it.

Whadda y'all think? Her old iron still works pretty well, but she has to heat it by the wood stove, and she has been wondering about her weight lately, even though I tell her I like a little squeeze in a woman. I just get all romantic over these holidays I guess!
Jeff Quinn
gunblast.com
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Post by crs »

Chris;
You smoothe dude, you. Great move, going by the office. I wonder if I still have time to do that one.
CRS, NRA Benefactor Member, TSRA, DRSS, DWWC, Whittington Center
Android Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
cnjarvis
Senior Levergunner

Post by cnjarvis »

Jeff Quinn wrote:I haven't decided just what to get yet.

I have it narrowed down between a brand new steam iron, or a bathroom scale that squeals like a hog when you step upon it.

I just get all romantic over these holidays I guess!
Don't forget about a vacuum cleaner... What about a broom?

crs - I know how to earn my brownie points! Not too late for you to do it.
jazman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jazman »

Whadda y'all think? Her old iron still works pretty well, but she has to heat it by the wood stove, and she has been wondering about her weight lately, even though I tell her I like a little squeeze in a woman. I just get all romantic over these holidays I guess!
I'm just thinking you enjoy being single...cause if you're not you may well be soon! :D :D :D
"If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly"
blackhawk44
Levergunner 2.0

Post by blackhawk44 »

Several survival tips for Thursday:

1 White plastic Wal Mart bags will never be considered "gift wrap" even in the most desperate of circumstances. (now, if you can find a Macy's bag in the neighbor's refuse, you may possibly squeak by and be sure to save the Macy's for the year after)

2 If both of you are over 40 years of age, don't even think about bringing in anything labeled "Victoria's Secret" because you will never in this lifetime correctly answer the question "...and just WHO is this supposed to be for?".

3 Again, if you're both over 40, for the right incentive ($) the clerks at Lane Bryant can remove their brand labels and any size tags before gift wrapping; afterward will prove to be FAR too late.

Have fun and BOL
jkbrea
Senior Levergunner

Post by jkbrea »

I once bought my wife a 60" big screen TV for Mother's Day. What a mistake. She didn't fall for it.
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

A couple years ago I bought her a Daisey Red Rider for Valentines day. She and her friend sat on the deck and shot it til dark. :D

A dozen long stem roses to be delivered to her work cost me $93 U.S. greenbacks a couple of days ago. :shock: :shock: :shock:
PPpastordon
Levergunner 2.0

Post by PPpastordon »

cnjarvis wrote:

I just get all romantic over these holidays I guess!
Don't forget about a vacuum cleaner... What about a broom?

crs - I know how to earn my brownie points! Not too late for you to do it.

Now I don't know about Jeff's modern Tennessee home (not even too sure the man's still got a real outhouse from the way he talks), but there is no sense in getting a broom for the old fashioned houses. All the dirt is the floor if it be old enough. If of moderate age, it all falls through the cracks before you can sweep it out the door! :D :D :D
Grace and Peace.
Pastordon
Pastordon's Blog
The man who thinks he knows something does not yet know as he ought to know. (1 Cor. 8:2)
cnjarvis
Senior Levergunner

Post by cnjarvis »

Who said anything about sweeping? :shock: :wink:
Bigahh
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Bigahh »

Now this post should lighten things up a bit around here, we could use some more of this lately. My wife read this behind me, and she is still chuckling! You guys are too much! :lol:
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

i sent a pajama-gram at the beginning of the month. comes in a box, with a door tag, a sachet of lavender and a card. Did it before the big day. for tomorrow, just a card and a dinner.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Got my wife a gift certificate to a local spa for a massage. Figured that was better than the roses, which I have done for years. Since she's expecting flowers, this will be a surprise! :D
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

Well with all the things we have going on right now I havent had a chance to do anything for tomorrow.
So if I login on friday selling a bunch of guns just know that it is my wife and I am buried in a hole in the desert some were. :shock:
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

JReed wrote:Well with all the things we have going on right now I havent had a chance to do anything for tomorrow.
So if I login on friday selling a bunch of guns just know that it is my wife and I am buried in a hole in the desert some were. :shock:
Been there - forgot the date - it was no fun. We'll pray for you! :shock:
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

Thanks brother. :D
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
tman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by tman »

if momma ain't happy, aint NOBODY HAPPY!!!!! just give in. it's eaiser. buy her what she wants
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

JReed wrote:Well with all the things we have going on right now I havent had a chance to do anything for tomorrow.
Semper Gumby, Sir.......
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV