It Ain't Rocket Science

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JimT
Shootist

It Ain't Rocket Science

Post by JimT »

Leverdude
Senior Levergunner

Post by Leverdude »

Thanks Jim.
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

amen Jim!
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Andrew
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Andrew »

I like the way you think Jim. :D
ImageImage
Qui tacet consentit. (silence implies consent)
The Boring Blog
The Lewis
Levergunner 2.0

Post by The Lewis »

The blind can only lead the blind, perhaps that is the problem...
Oz n bolivia
Levergunner

Post by Oz n bolivia »

Well said Jim on the issue of guns and school shooters. Some how these people need to be stopped before they get on the campus. How can the good guys get the authorities to act to stop these shootings.

I liked the sermonette on Jesus's treatment of people, it is to bad that people are not forgiving. These same people that condem divorce, have not walked in the shoes of those that suffered the same. Somewhere I remember Jesus telling the Jewish leaders that GOD concended to giving the law of divorce to Moses because the forefathers of the Jews were hard harted. Then I read that Hosea took back his wife after several years of living in adultery and prostitution.

Gus Hall I had forgoten about him.

Anyway thanks for the news letter.

Oz
Remaining a curious student throughout life renders one’s life interesting and progressive.
Robert Smyth
He stated that the way I feel.
Knowledge is all we do, see, touch, hear, read. What we do with that knowledge shows our wisdom.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Great Link - I'll be sharing it.

I think too many of the 'anointed' (to borrow from Thomas Sowell's book title concerning this issue) have taken it upon themselves to obfuscate and complicate every aspect of society. What used to be 'grass-roots' is now 'top-down' and these people insist that EVERY issue is 'complex' and requires 'more study' and committees, and tax-funding, and grant money, and more legislation, and still 'more study' - but you're right - it ain't rocket science.

Maybe they just do it to boost their own sense of importance or power or control or whatever, but when it shifts from watching them make fools of themselves to having them enact public policy which kills innocent people, it become horrific and evil.

5,000 innocent deaths per day: Genocide
...the proud legacy of gun registration!
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

Truer words have not been spoken. Well said Jim.
Bogie35
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bogie35 »

Excellent work! I appreciate your insight.

Thanks,
bogie
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

Another 'Amen'.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Excellent Jim!

My wife - who is very conservative and very pro-gun, though not a shooter (but being married to me, this was a prerequiste!), moaned when she heard the news today. I just explained that "gun-free zones", such as schools, would be more accurately labeled "target rich environments" if there were truth in advertising laws that applied to them. I went on to explain that you never hear of these nutcases attacking a gun show, or a shooting range, or any other place where armed response is likely. I ended stating that many students in colleges around the country have petitioned schools - after VA Tech - to allowed CCW holders to carry on campus, and to my knowledge none have allowed this. It is a shame, because as you note, the response from the left is going to be to cry for more gun control - instead of rightly accepted blame for enabling such crimes! :evil:
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Very good Jim. On a sidenote, there was a guy yesterday who was filmed by surveilance video toting a whole suitcase full of knives and a meat cleaver to an upscale psychiatrists office. Chopped her up dead and nearly killed her companion who came to her aid. Another "gun free" zone of course :?
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

C. Cash wrote:Very good Jim. On a sidenote, there was a guy yesterday who was filmed by surveilance video toting a whole suitcase full of knives and a meat cleaver to an upscale psychiatrists office. Chopped her up dead and nearly killed her companion who came to her aid. Another "gun free" zone of course :?
That's horrible! Filmed by surveilance, huh? Fat lot of good the cameras did.

That has been the experience in the UK from what I read and talk to folks from there. They have tons of cameras all over London. Hasn't seemed to cut the crime rate but they do get some interesting video.
iowa45
Levergunner

Post by iowa45 »

Well said Jim.
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Yes Sir, horrible indeed. Very true about the cameras....I was trying to add the obvious point that you guys already understand; that people who have a mind to murder are gonna do it whether they use a knife/cleaver, gun, car, poison etc.... and they will get those things no matter what, and the Police are just gonna clean up the mess. Armed and trained citizens are the only thing standing in the way of all these persons acting on the part of evil, as you point out well.
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

I just about fell out of my chair this morning when Geraldo said they needed to have armed people all around campus to stop this stuff. BUT he renewed my faith in his stupidity when he said they had to be "trained" police officers and not simple citizens.

My thing is the obvious contradiction. If only police can decide when to shoot, how is it that mere citizens like Geraldo can decide that only police can decide when to shoot? Seems to me that if you're qualified to guard the guards you're qualified to guard yourself...
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
spurgon
Levergunner 2.0

Post by spurgon »

10-4 Hobie.
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Jim your blog is a good read, very refreshing and a privlage to view :D
Why is it that them in "authority" assume they have to take care of us by disarming us. The world is going mad. A work colleague today asked me to make him a small bracket to affix a camera to for his home :roll: I told him sure but why do you want to film hoods pinching your stuff? Wouldn't it be better if you- but before I could finnish he said "shoot them"! I think he knows my sentiments.
Any way it's a sad event and I am sorry for folks loss and I am sad that America is catching dumb British values :(
Nath.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Good Post Jim, as Nath say's "the world is going mad".
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Blackhawk
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Blackhawk »

Good read.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
PPpastordon
Levergunner 2.0

Post by PPpastordon »

Jim;
1. Well spoken. 2. Theologically sound. 3. Politically incorrect.
Three strikes - and three home runs! What more could one ask for?
Grace and Peace.
Pastordon
Pastordon's Blog
The man who thinks he knows something does not yet know as he ought to know. (1 Cor. 8:2)
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Ysabel Kid wrote:I ended stating that many students in colleges around the country have petitioned schools - after VA Tech - to allowed CCW holders to carry on campus, and to my knowledge none have allowed this. It is a shame, because as you note, the response from the left is going to be to cry for more gun control - instead of rightly accepted blame for enabling such crimes! :evil:
If you ran a large dormitory full of students, and due to the possibility that horseplay or accident or violent misuse of fire extinguishers could lead to students being harmed, you prohibited any fire extinguishers in that building, you can bet the next time anyone was hurt in a fire, you'd be held liable for their harm or death.

You can bet some distraught survivors or relatives will sue the school, the makers of the medications, and the gun maker, but WHY doesn't any of them ever sue the school for paving the way for the innocent deaths? Surely you'd think someone among all those injured would come to that obvious conclusion...!
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Actually, that is a great idea. As much as I detest the overuse of the legal system, this would actually be putting it to good use. If one person who was a CCW permit holder could show harm (they were wounded; a close friend was hurt or killed, etc.), they'd have "standing". They should then sue the living stuff out of the school. If anything, the financial drain to defend a suit like this would cause most schools to rethink their position. Problem being is if the state has passed a law denying CCW holders the right to carry on the grounds of an education establishment - which many have - you'd have to sue the state, as the school has an out.

Either way, we need to use a weapon of the gun-banners - litigation - against them!!!