OT-Got Banned From Cast Boolits

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

OT-Got Banned From Cast Boolits

Post by Sixgun »

Check this out guys,
I have been a member of Cast Boolits since 2004. I seldom, if ever use it as I only have like 15 posts. My game is HERE. :D

As some of you may have seen, I had an ad here for some moulds. Yea, while its cool here, its just not the same 'exposure I would get from putting the ad on Cast Boolits...............so (please, nothin' personal).........................I did sell the reguler moulds here and I do have more to put on here, but................I have some somewhat rare H.P. Keith moulds that I put on Cast Boolits.
Also, no "cross posting" is allowed so............I followed the rules :wink:

I did it there like I do it here...informative, good pictures, pleasant wording.........and a great price.----Here come the replies........"oh geeze dude, I'd like to have them but I don't have any money"--------or-----"Can I pay you 1/2 this month and the next next month?"-----or-----(in hillbilly slang)...I havE 2 DOllARS, DO i hear 3?"

Well, I have no use for retarts with an IQ the size of a pebble, so I responded,"Hey man, Don't you have nothin' better to do, go outside and watch the corn grow". In another thread I told the guy, "whats the matter, don't your wife let you spend any money?"

I was PM'ed by the moderator to which he said, "You only use this forum for sales and contribute nothing." (one sale) to which I responded, "I'm doing you a favor by advertising rare moulds, its not like I am selling "200 empty 38 Spl. cases for $30" like most of you other ads". He tells me that "YOUR CLAIM TO FAME ON LEVERGUNS DOES NOTHING HERE". I tell him that there's more class in one thread on Leverguns than your whole *&$@-!& site. :D --(Yes dudes, we have class here--maybe not me, but most of you :D )

Well, I got banned. (for 10 days--I feel like I'm in elementary school:D) --Like I give a *^#)!

I still have a ad there (don't know if they deleted it-on "Old Moulds"--different from the Keith H.P's--------and I sold one of the moulds to a different moderator (WilJen) there and shipped it without seeing the check.This other mod (Oly..something) must have got in a fight with his wife and is exerting his "power" on little people. I even told him "good 'ole Hobie" would have gotten rid of the tasteless responders first.
------------------------------have a nice day dudes :D ----------Sixgun

1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Re: OT-Got Banned From Cast Boolits

Post by Old Savage »

We're here for you bro! :D :wink:
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

iceman
Senior Levergunner

Post by iceman »

Their loss, our gain.
Happiness is a comfortable stump on a sunny south facing mountain.
geobru
Levergunner 3.0

Post by geobru »

You must be just plain DEVASTATED!!

:lol:

Geobro
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

:lol: I imagine you'r shattered....Take two beers and call me in the morning.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Now you're going to get ME banned! :lol:
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Chas.
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Chas. »

Sixgun wrote:Check this out guys,
Well, I have no use for retarts with an IQ the size of a pebble,....
Now that's funny. :D
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Wait a minute - beers - who said beers? :)
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

Just cant leave you unsupervised. :lol:
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
LeverBob
Senior Levergunner

Post by LeverBob »

Actually Sixgun...you have more class than that whole site...It's no fun beating up a wimp. Thanks much for standing up for this site...LEVERGUNS :D :D :D
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

That'll learn ya to go hawking your rare HP Keith molds at another forum.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Some social-scientist-type should do a 'study' (as long as it isn't taxpayer-funded) on how and why this forum doesn't degenerate the way so many others do.

Hobie no doubt gets much of the credit for setting a good example, and being the main hands-on moderator (there are others involved as well as I understand it?).

"We" (maybe not 'me', sometimes :oops: ) do as well, for something about our collective 'attitude' usually prevents riots or chaos or mean-talk.

I kind of think "Lever Guns" themselves are a factor as well, though, because leverguns tend to be more down-to-earth and practical guns, and if you get a bolt-action-oriented forum you'll have all the 'sniper' and ultra-long-range Ninjas trying to impress each other, or a semiauto forum, you'll have the dudes who have to impress everyone with their latest EBR's with seventeen rail-mounted accessories, but with leverguns, we're just happy if they go 'bang' like they're supposed to, and we hit what we aim at. Sure, we all 'brag' now and again if we happen to shoot especially far or well or in the dark (...love my NightScout levergun... :wink: ), and we drool over some of our fellow member's historic leverguns or rare models or whatever, but lots of the time it's just plain talk about plain guns, with some 'off-topic' stuff thrown in to add variety.

Anyway, though there are lots of good folks who are into other types of guns, other non-firearms hobbies, and so on, it just seems that if you find people who like leverguns, they will generally have an appreciation for well-made machines, history, practical hunting, and many of the same things. Rarely are they on ego-trips to out-impress one another with having the most expensive, most powerful, most accurate, or most 'anything' gun.

Several times I've posted here questions about welding, computers, wood finishing, tractors, and so on, and usually someone here knows about pretty much whatever the topic is, and will give an informative, practical, non-condescending answer. I'd rather ask stuff on this forum, because if I went to the respective specialty forums, I wouldn't KNOW anyone who responded, and I'd have to sort out the wrong answers given by the horses-behinds from the useful answers given by the legitimate responders, which can be hard to do when you're the dummy who's having to ask the question in the first place... :D
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

If you were here in person(I'd give ya a big sympathy hug till ya grunt) :D
Charles
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Charles »

The owner of Cast Boolits has some serious mental issues and his moderators feed his problems. Consider being banned from that site like being banned from the Book of the Month Club.
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

I haven't even looked at another site (well maybe once or twice I swear) no need to go anywhere else. Besides this Place takes up enough time. I get in enough trouble here just Being Me and it really hurts My feelings when I get yelled at but as a Preacher once said "build a Bridge and get over it"
It is a good thing They don't have standards Here like - being the best shot-or Who has the nicest 73-or Who has the most knowledge. Heck I would have been kicked off Long ago but Thk God U Guys take in Strays.
SixGun, hang in there , the time will just fly by.
Perry in Bangor----++++===Calif
yooper2
Levergunner 3.0

Post by yooper2 »

Sounds to me like they ain't worth the time. By the way, if you post old Kieth hollow point molds on here I'd be first to jump on them. The old master really knew what he was doing when he designed those babies. I don't know you in any way but I've enjoyed you're posts here (even in the long time before I joined the forum and just learned by looking).

Eric
LeverBob
Senior Levergunner

Post by LeverBob »

No problem Sixgun...I lurk on other sites just to see what the dummies have come up with next. No need for me to post as I am to old, tired & busy tying to find a buck to try to set the morons straight (per Elmer). I find it to be a lot of fun just to see their latest stupidity...without the usual sorting out. I learned from good teachers & long experience (just like you) that sometimes you just cain't fix stupid. So..here's their sign... :twisted:

Example: the latest AR attachments (hundreds) that they think will make them an invinciple phoney soldier...even when weighing 400 pounds. I find it disgusting & tragic.

I do believe that Leverguns is the best site on the net...only quality people would inhabit such. I think you would agree...and that is why pards like us are here.

Best to you Pard & yours...

LB
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Sixgun, sorry to hear you're in time out. :D I'm sorry that 's funny.

There's some really good responses to your post (here, not there). I got quite the laugh.

Hey, if they don't want to act like adults then I wouldn't want to play there either.

You are quite the legend here. And, I think Hobie ought to change your level to "Troublemaker". Too funny.
Old Law Dawg
claybob86
Senior Levergunner

Post by claybob86 »

They can't even spell. Why would they be expected to have intelligence or class? :roll:
Have you hugged your rifle today?
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

Sixgun wrote:This other mod (Oly..something) must have got in a fight with his wife and is exerting his "power" on little people. I even told him "good 'ole Hobie" would have gotten rid of the tasteless responders first.
1) Let me point out that this "Oly..something" is NOT ME!

2) You're right, Hobie does a good job and this IS a classy joint.

Sorry to hear that some mouth breathers fouled yer thread over there.

Best,
Oly
Cheers,
Oly

I hope and pray someday the world will learn
That fires we don't put out will bigger burn

Johnny Wright
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

BlaineG wrote::lol: I imagine you'r shattered....Take two beers and call me in the morning.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Swampman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Swampman »

I've been banned for saying Remington makes a good product. There are a lot of forums that will only let you say what the moderators wish to hear. Thankfully it isn't like that here.
"I have reached up to the gun rack and taken down the .30/30 carbine by some process of natural selection, not condoned perhaps by many experts but easily explained by those who spend long periods in the wilderness areas."~Calvin Rutstrum~

"You come to the swamp, you better leave your skirt at the house"~Dave Canterbury~
Aussie Chris
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Aussie Chris »

How dare you Jack! You should be ashamed of yourself!

Haha, what a joke :mrgreen:

Heck, at least they gave us all a good laugh!

Chris
A man can never have too many WINCHESTERS...
stretch
Advanced Levergunner

Post by stretch »

I guess some folks run a forum and think they have God-like powers.

Leave them to their tiny little empires and outsized egos.

-Stretch
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Well Jack, thats what you get for straying out of the yard.! :wink: Glad your home.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
w30wcf
Senior Levergunner

Post by w30wcf »

Jack,
Now you've done it! If they find out we're friends, I'll probably get the boot too. :mrgreen:

Now I think that on second (or third ?) thought that you would agree (?), that had you been a bit more thoughtful of the situation (perhaps the fellow that wanted to pay in 2 installments just lost his job and has a family to feed or has a family member who is very sick and has medical bills to pay, etc.) you may have responded that "Thank you for your interest but I would prefer a single payment"......

WWJD (What Would Jesus Do) Just tryin' to keep you out of trouble in the future ...... :mrgreen:

w30wcf
aka John Kort
aka Jack Christian SASS 11993 "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
aka w44wcf (black powder)
NRA Life member
.22 WCF, .30 WCF, .44 WCF Cartridge Historian
Terry Murbach
Shootist

Post by Terry Murbach »

I AM PROUD OF YOU, SIXGUN !!! " BE SURE YOU'RE RIGHT THEN GO AHEAD!!" DO NOT EVER BACKOFF FROM FRAUDS, PHONIES, AND THE CHARLATONS ON WEBSITES. NEVER GIVE FOOLS SUCH AS THEY AN EVEN BREAK. THEY ARE GUTLESS LITTLE WIMPS WHO'LL HIDE BEHIND SOME SILLY NAME AND ACT LIKE THEY MIGHT HAVE HALF A BRAIN LEVEL ABOVE THAT OF A KUMQUAT.
YOU DO HAVE A WAYS TO GO THOUGH; FOR SIMPLY TELLING THE TRUTH I'VE BEEN KICKED OFF OF THE S&W FORUM TWICE. ON THE OTHER HAND THAT PARTICULAR FORUM HAD THE THE MOST FOOLISHNESS AND OUTRIGHT SHIQ ABOUT THEIR SUBJECT MATTER THAN ANY FORUM I'VE SEEN PERIOD. THEY WERE IGNORENT DUNCES SO FULL OF THENSELVES AS TO BEGGER COMPARISON.
I WAS ALSO KICKED OFF THE RUGER.NET FORUM TWICE [ NOT CARL'S RUGER.COM, FORUM BLESS HIS HEART ] FOR SIMPLY COMING TO THE AID OF MY FRIENDS [ JOHN TAFFIN AND JONE LINEBAUGH ] FROM AN ATTACK BY THE STUPIDEST MODERATOR I'VE EVER SEEN. THIS YAHOO WAS TRULY A MALEVOLENT SNAKE IN THE GRASS WHO CONTINUOUSLY HAS ONE OR THE OTHER BOOT IN HIS YAP. AMAZING !!!
RIDE, SHOOT STRAIGHT, AND SPEAK THE TRUTH
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

You funny man Jack! :lol:

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

What is "Cast Boolits"? Sounds like a place to avoid. :roll:
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

two boards I am a moderator on have both set up their Classifieds as no reply.
You can only lead, i.e., start a thread, and edit it (i.e., change price, list it as sold, etc), and people who want to talk to you have to take it off the board, use pm or email.
It keeps it as Classifieds, no discussion, no denouncing the seller or his asking price, no banter which always distracts from the sell.
It works very well.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

bulldog1935 wrote:two boards I am a moderator on have both set up their Classifieds as no reply.
You can only lead, i.e., start a thread, and edit it (i.e., change price, list it as sold, etc), and people who want to talk to you have to take it off the board, use pm or email.
It keeps it as Classifieds, no discussion, no denouncing the seller or his asking price, no banter which always distracts from the sell.
It works very well.
Can't do that here.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

w30wcf wrote:Jack,

WWJD (What Would Jesus Do) Just tryin' to keep you out of trouble in the future ...... :mrgreen:

w30wcf
Jesus would just give me the molds, because he knows how much respect I would treat them with :D
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Terry Murbach wrote:I AM PROUD OF YOU, SIXGUN !!! " BE SURE YOU'RE RIGHT THEN GO AHEAD!!" DO NOT EVER BACKOFF FROM FRAUDS, PHONIES, AND THE CHARLATONS ON WEBSITES. NEVER GIVE FOOLS SUCH AS THEY AN EVEN BREAK. THEY ARE GUTLESS LITTLE WIMPS WHO'LL HIDE BEHIND SOME SILLY NAME AND ACT LIKE THEY MIGHT HAVE HALF A BRAIN LEVEL ABOVE THAT OF A KUMQUAT . . // . . THEY WERE IGNORENT DUNCES SO FULL OF THENSELVES AS TO BEGGER COMPARISON . . // . . THIS YAHOO WAS TRULY A MALEVOLENT SNAKE IN THE GRASS WHO CONTINUOUSLY HAS ONE OR THE OTHER BOOT IN HIS YAP. AMAZING !!!
Terry, if I didn't know better I'd think you were talking about POLITICIANS...!
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Well, well, well.....my fellow compadres,
I just got home from the work detail :D , (wait a minute, gotta take the ball and chain off) and checked in. Here's my thinking:

Doc AJMD has hit it right on the nose. We are all a bunch of guys who don't have the need to outdo each other and do our best to lift those up who need help. I truly love giving out information that I have learned over the past 40+ years to other younguns or others who have recently got into the gungame.

We all know each other for the most part and with that knowledge, we know the likes and dislikes, whether its guns, ammo, family, politics, and we respect that individuals thinking without forcing our opinions on those by writing an inflamatory statement. (yes, I've bit my tongue a few times)

HOBIE (no brownnosing here :D ) deserves a lot of credit for keeping us civil. He knows each of us and will let us go----to a point, before pm'ing us for a friendly reminder. I've been there and have the utmost respect for Hobie------(Hobie, when you get a chance, stop over and pick up a SA Colt, your choice--free) :D

Like most of us here, I'm just a regular hourly paid work-slave who has managed to pick up some nice stuff over the years, probably by starting out when I was still a teenager when these guns were just relics. I have always been fascinated by old leverguns and single action revolvers and I believe I am in similar company here. When I got in this game, brass and bullets, along with dies were very hard to get, if not impossible. Thats also probably why I still use 30-30 brass for the .219 Zipper, 25-35, 32 Spl. 32-40, and the 38-55.

Oh well, back to Leverguns---There is something that keeps us together, and thats respect. We all tend to keep Leverguns.Com as our #1 choice. I feel so bad about posting the moulds over at Cast Boolits, I'm going to give 'em all away--------- :wink: --to me-----I ain't stupido (Italian for stupid) :D -------------------------------------------------------------Thanks fellow guncranks-------------------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

rimrock
Levergunner 2.0

Post by rimrock »

I'll lurk at Castboolits.com on an infrequent basis. It takes too long for a thread to develop anything I want to read. This site and Marlinowners are only gun related sites I post on.

rimrock
93marshooter
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 93marshooter »

I am new to this forum. I like its range of expertise on shooting subjects. I have a few guns but after turning 63 this year my goal was to have a rifle with heart and soul that really felt good. My choices were pre 64 Win made the year I was born, or a 99 Savage in 30-30, or 300 sav, or .308. However I found my New Marlin model 93. This seems to be the best and most friendly place to ask questions and make contacts. Freedom of speech is important part of what I see here, but with respect to other folks and their ideas. I don't have time to become member of forum after forum. This one seems to be a good choice. with common interest. Six gun you did not lose anything "over there"
Thanks!!!

Is there a show and tell sight here to show leverguns and such???
Last edited by 93marshooter on Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Canuck Bob
Senior Levergunner

Post by Canuck Bob »

There is a ton of chin wagging about banning and threats of same on some sites. I know for awhile I was getting too aggresive with certain types. I'm starting to let things go more now. I always overdo it when I start defending something, then I jump into a foxhole mindset and foxholes have nothing to do with free and informative discussion.

One issue that pops up is that so many of us frequent the same forums. Say something here that is acceptable and you might pay a price elsewhere. I do find being a regular contributor does allow some slack on most forums.

One of our Canadian sites is great but there is a disturbing trend developing. People getting on newbies cases for no good reason. Posts that are snotty or demeaning. We must support our new blood or the lawmakers will legislate us into criminals for shooting a 22 at a tin can.
LeverBob
Senior Levergunner

Post by LeverBob »

Terry...you have more vinegar than the entire cannon cleaning squad of the Army of the Confederacy. More bile than a whales liver...go get somemore.
You must be filling up at the same refinery that I do. I confess that I have lost patience with the imbeciles as I grow older. GOOD! :evil:

The "R" word. It is the word respect & is the foundational word of all the martial arts & Christianity. It was beaten into me early. Too bad that is not the case today.

LB
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

I frequent a couple of "black rifle" websites (ar15.com, hkpro, and lightfighter.net), but this is the only site I look at most every day. Good guys and good info here all the way around
----- Doug
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

IIRC, didn't the owner of Cast Boolits used to post here? Either the owner or one of the moderators. A rabid democrat, again, IIRC. Took offense that 95% of the members here were God-fearing, country-loving, patriots. Jack, you should consider this a badge of honor!
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

Dear Tycer

Thank you for being a part of the Cast Boolit Forum (http://castboolits.gunloads.com). As of now our yearly server fee is due which means our donation drive is going on once again! This past year has been yet another successful year as far as our server and community has gone. We now have over 19,000 members and we are growing by leaps and bounds on a daily basis.

One of my personal favorite items that happened this past year is we reached an amazing milestone of over 1,000,000 posts! That is truly a remarkable feat for any forum on the internet and I am very proud to be apart of this as I hope you are as well.

One goal I am shooting for this next year is to make the forum a bit more user friendly to those who use cell phones by installing software that will make the user interface much cleaner while browsing using a phone. Currently we have “tapatalk” installed but that will be going away shortly and will be making way to an improved system. I love to have input by members as to what they’d like to see different on the forum as well. So if you have any improvement items please feel free to reply to this e-mail and let me know..

If you would like to donate to help the cause there are multiple ways of doing so. If you visit http://castboolits.gunloads.com you will see up at the very top how to contribute to our future growth.
If you'd like to donate via PayPal you can use the e-mail address payment@gunloads.com or by Snail Mail you can send Cash/Check/MO to:

Gun Loads
Cast Boolit Division
P.O. BOX 2732
Pocatello, ID 83206
**Please make Checks/MO out to Willy Snyder**

Thanks for your support! You can contact me directly by replying to this e-mail or you can also post your questions in this thread http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=124498

Thank you for your support!

-Willy Snyder GunLoads Owner/Server Operator/CFO
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Ysabel Kid wrote:IIRC, didn't the owner of Cast Boolits used to post here? Either the owner or one of the moderators. A rabid democrat, again, IIRC. Took offense that 95% of the members here were God-fearing, country-loving, patriots. Jack, you should consider this a badge of honor!
That was Junior Doughty. A fine man if somewhat misled by years of Louisianan socialism. He is a moderator over at the subject forum. He is also a man you should listen to if you've a mind to ask a question, at least on the subject of redheads and shooting. He re-discovered the cavalry sling while here and sells 'em at his site, http://www.castbullets.com.
Sincerely,

Hobie

J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Tycer,
I got that request too. Unfortunately I'm not able to honor their request. Matter of fact if I had any to spare I'd give it to Leverguns.

Hobie is right about Junior. He is a wealth of knowledge about many aspects of the shooting sports. Unfortunately he is also politically confused. I wonder how he feels about his choice now?

OK Hobie, I'll say no more.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Charles
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Charles »

Junior is a good guy, gun lover and a country boy. He politics is well left of center, but he has the right to hold different views than I do and still be a worthy soul. He has been attacked without mercy on various gun boards for the views that he holds. I also disagree with him about his love affair with Lee Liquid Alox as a bullet lube, but I guess it works for him..after a fashion.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Charles wrote:Junior is a good guy, gun lover and a country boy. He politics is well left of center, but he has the right to hold different views than I do and still be a worthy soul. He has been attacked without mercy on various gun boards for the views that he holds. I also disagree with him about his love affair with Lee Liquid Alox as a bullet lube, but I guess it works for him..after a fashion.
He is not the only defender of the socialist agenda on the shooting forums. However, he is the ONLY such that has maintained his civility in our private discourse on the subject. A fine person I think.
Sincerely,

Hobie

Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

Hobie wrote:A fine person I think.
Agreed. I miss him.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
natedontgo
Levergunner 1.0

Post by natedontgo »

Just finished checking the roster @castboolits...Nothing there to indicate Junior1942 is now,or ever has been a moderator...Seriously doubt given his track record that it will EVER happen there,or that he would accept the role ,if offered...Despite all the accolades in this thread, to me the guy is way overfull of himself,and doesn't allow fact to interfere wiht his views...Nate
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

natedontgo wrote:Just finished checking the roster @castboolits...Nothing there to indicate Junior1942 is now,or ever has been a moderator...Seriously doubt given his track record that it will EVER happen there,or that he would accept the role ,if offered...Despite all the accolades in this thread, to me the guy is way overfull of himself,and doesn't allow fact to interfere wiht his views...Nate
I have to admit I was going on what I was told. Although I'm a member I don't visit there often. As to the rest, at least you get to express your opinion here! :wink:
Sincerely,

Hobie

Charles
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Charles »

The Beloved Redhead and I share a couple of hours over coffee in the mornings and a few more in the evening over drinks. She is a delight to talk to and I never grow tired of her company even after 16 years. We often have spirited disagreements over this or that. When I take a position, defend it and won't back down, she generally says I am full of myself. When she does that I know she has run out of steam and I am left by myself in control of the field.

On this and other boards, if a person hold a point of view that is contradictory to the majority point of view, often the folks will get together and try and drive that person off the board. That is what happened to Junior and some folks tried to do it to me. But, I note that most of them are gone and I am still here.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

At first when i read this I was ready to blast castboolits , as always there were or are a couple people there I don't mesh with !

And thats no different then ANY other forum this one included .

But bottom line castboolits "used" to serve a purpose for me !

I was able to get in on quite a few group buys and that my friends was my main selling point for that forum . Now my taste in mold's has gotten a good bit off the mainstream so group buys serve no purpose for me any longer . Plus I do not care for the LONG waits etc etc . So for me it's far batter to pay $20-30 more for a mold I ordered in a one off run and get in 3-6 weeks !

Hence my need or use for castboolits is pretty much eliminated !

I do however frequent the forum for the Cast Bullet Association , a somewhat different group of folks . Although the moderator from the CBA forum runs LBT group buys and has them available to folks on the CBA forum as well as on castboolits . And yes I do get in on the LBT group buys from time to time . But you can bet whatever I order is not exactly in Verals normal cataloged items LOL's !

Oh I got the email for contributions to castboolits today as well !
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !