3 cheers for Jamison

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Don McDowell

3 cheers for Jamison

Post by Don McDowell »

Those of us that like to shoot the old and sometimes odd ball cartridges really need to give a tip of the hat and a hiphip hooray to Jamison International.
They continue to be so responsive to shooters requests for new properly headstamped cases for the old cartridges. This year alone they have come up with 44-90,45-90,40-70 ss, 33 winchester and 348, just to name a few.
Thanks www.jamisoninternational.com
Ysabel Kid

Re: 3 cheers for Jamison

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Agreed. I've seen their .45-60 WCF brass. Properly headstamped and perfectly to dimensions. It is a thing of beauty! 8)
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

I instigated the request to get them to build the 44-77 brass, and took the first shipment they sent out. The stuff sure looks good, hoping the Shiloh rifle it's intended for gets finished up here shortly. Friend of mine also got a batch of it and has been really happy with it in his two rifles.
Another friend got a batch of the 44-90 brass, and is plenty happy, yet another friend uses their 45 2 7/8 brass and is really happy with it.
It's good stuff, and I wouldn't hesitate to buy more
Last edited by Don McDowell on Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

The .45-75 WCF brass is good as well.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

I think what is as impressive as the quality of their brass, is their willingness to tool up to produce more cartridges.
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

Don't they also make a pretty impressive Irish libation ? mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
----- Doug
awp101
Advanced Levergunner

Post by awp101 »

Streetstar wrote:Don't they also make a pretty impressive Irish libation ? mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
I thought it was a whiskey thread as well.:oops: Then I caught the different spelling...:lol:

Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits.
-Mark Twain

Proverbs 3:5; Philippians 4:13

Got to have a Jones for this
Jones for that
This running with the Joneses boy
Just ain't where it's at
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

I should investigate getting them to make some .40-90SBN, although I've yet to finish loading my Bertram brass for that caliber. It's been too danged hot to get out in the barn and load ammo... not to mention "casting" boolits! :(
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

Did you look and see if they were doing that already?
It takes a firm commitment from a number of persons, but someone has to start the ball to rolling.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

I searched thru their listing... wasn't there. I haven't looked at Buffalo to see if they have in the recent past... but, right now I'm ok, but I don't expect the Betram to last very long.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Post by M. M. Wright »

Jamison 40-60 in use here. In a 76 repro.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

Griff if Jamison doesn't list it , then it's a pretty good bet they haven't made any and what ever BACO has will either be Bertram or some they've formed.
Which brings up the possibility of you reforming your own... Kurt A makes 40-70 bn out of 45-70
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

Their .45-75 brass is aces. I also bought some .33 WCFs for grins, but many of their listings are available from Starline at a much better price. :)
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Don: Thank you for your .44-77 efforts. I'm in line at Shiloh for an Early Hartford in that caliber too.
Cimarron
Levergunner 2.0
Location: North of the Cimarron River in Indian Territory (Oklahoma)

Post by Cimarron »

I bought 100 rounds of .45-75 W.C.F. last June and have reloaded them about 6-7 times. Very satisfied with the quality and need to order some more.
HOLY BLACK? YOU MUST MEAN PENNSYLVANIA ANTHRACITE!

"Get your guns boys! They are robbing the bank!" J.S.Allen, Sept. 7, 1876
Retro
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Retro »

Yup, another vote for them. Using their 45-75 brass in my '76. Any problems I've experienced have been of my own making :-)
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

:D Bill you're welcome.
One of the selling points I used was that if there was brass readily avialable and properly sized and stamped more rifles would probably get chambered that way, and that'ld mean more brass sales. :)
When you get that rifle I'm surely interested in hearing about your adventures with it.
I recently had Brooks cut me a 480 gr grease groove bullet with tapered first band and the original postell nose, I believe that bullet is going to be a good one for competition.
Rafe Covington
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Rafe Covington »

I use ther 40-60 Win and 50-95 Win in Uberti 1876 reproductions, I am very pleased with there brass.

Rafe
Death Before Dishonor
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

I just received my Jamison 38-72 brass today and am very pleased. I especially like the 38-72 tie pin they included.
Kirk: An old geezer who loves the smell of freshly turned earth, old cedar rail fences, wood smoke, a crackling fireplace on a snowy evening, pristine wilderness lakes, the scent of
cedars and a magnificent Whitetail buck framed in the semi-buckhorn sights of a 120-year old Winchester.
Blog: https://www.kirkdurston.com/
Leverluver
Senior Levergunner

Post by Leverluver »

Griff wrote:I searched thru their listing... wasn't there. I haven't looked at Buffalo to see if they have in the recent past... but, right now I'm ok, but I don't expect the Betram to last very long.
Good luck with the Bertram. I tested one box in my 40-90SBN. 13 of the 20 split at the shoulder on the first shot. I've had good luck sizing down 45-2.6 from Starline. It lengthens on sizing but not quite out to a full 2&5/8". Doesn't bother me with grease groove but might with someone playing with paper patch.
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

Leverluver wrote: Good luck with the Bertram. I tested one box in my 40-90SBN. 13 of the 20 split at the shoulder on the first shot.
I am wondering if annealing the brass before it is used would stop that? Granted, if it does, Bertram should be the one doing the annealing. The more I hear of Bertram brass, the more I wouldn't want to touch it with a 10 foot pole.
Kirk: An old geezer who loves the smell of freshly turned earth, old cedar rail fences, wood smoke, a crackling fireplace on a snowy evening, pristine wilderness lakes, the scent of
cedars and a magnificent Whitetail buck framed in the semi-buckhorn sights of a 120-year old Winchester.
Blog: https://www.kirkdurston.com/