Big Winchester auction

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
chadbr
Levergunner 2.0

Big Winchester auction

Post by chadbr »

I pulled this from the old board -- a lot of neat Winchesters there --

http://www.amoskeag-auction.com/64/auction64.html

Chad

p.s. thanks to "kevin in nh" from the old board...
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

Thanks for moving this. I was there yesterday looking (used the link from the old board) but I hadn't thought to copy the link over here. Stupid of me.

Some good looking stuff. Ballards, Lugers, all kinds of stuff other than levers. Still, several 73's and 86's that look really nice. There's a 76 in 50-95 that will probably go for big money I would think.
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

Interesting, but no minimums or estimated highs.
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Thats some mighty fine stuff. The Hi-Wall's and the near new '86's are something to be studied. Shows you what they really looked like, not like some Turnbull resto jobs, which I think are too vivid in the color.

The Colt Shooting Master in 44 Spl. and 45 L.Colt stirred more emotion in me than the Winchesters and I'm a Winchester man. Easily 6 g's a piece.-----------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

big bear
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Big Winchester auction

Post by big bear »

chadbr wrote:I pulled this from the old board -- a lot of neat Winchesters there --

http://www.amoskeag-auction.com/64/auction64.html

Chad

p.s. thanks to "kevin in nh" from the old board...
I'm not sure I like you! :D :lol: You have led me into the sin of coveting and the mess of drooling on my keyboard. I was at the range yesterday and decided I had quite enough lever guns, then you go and lead me astray. I must have that Deluxe take down 45-70 1886 with the Lyman sight. With all the pitting and whatnot on the receiver it wouldn't be fair to let a collector fret over the damage...let a bear hunter like me have it so I can go hunt with it! Thanks for the pics, but now I'm miserable and doing some serious lusting! What would something like that run $6-8,000?
Gun Smith
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Gun Smith »

Just look away. None of that stuff is going to be cheap. That is a very high dollar/condition show. Makes me wish I were a millionaire!
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

OK Now I'm sick...

Rusty <><
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Blackhawk
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Blackhawk »

:shock:

Very nice double rifles. I've always wanted to fire one of those.

Also, that 1855 Colt revolving rifle, was that the one they used in the movie 3:10 to Yuma? Sharp shooter had a rifle like that and I was wondering what it was.

Johnny

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

The Amoskeag auctions are well known for their high quality, high dollar items. Some very fine guns there, and prices to match.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/