OT-You Boys Like My New "Welcome Sign"?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

OT-You Boys Like My New "Welcome Sign"?

Post by Sixgun »

Pretty cool! :D Wadda think? I picked it up at a gunshow about a month or so ago and my wife just noticed it. Somethin', ain't it? She comes through the door about 6 times a day and it takes this long for "hey, what the he*l did you do to the door"?

I never did like strangers or other unwanted people who have this need to just "knock on the door"---you know, "Yo dude, I ain't got nothin' to do so I figured I'd drop by"

The East will give you this attitude. The 86's are there for bait. :D ------------Sixgun

1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT-You Boys Like My New "Welcome Sign"?

Post by kimwcook »

Geez, Sixgun, I'd take a run at either one of those '86's. :D
Old Law Dawg
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

...and in parentheses (knock first)
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
Rube Burrows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rube Burrows »

Well I'll be darned......hopefully you dont leave the rifles out there......that might be worth a chance.
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Bet ya they don't even make it to the first step! :lol:
You rock Dude! :wink:
OD*
Member Emeritus

Post by OD* »

I like it, a lot.
Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow.
End the cycle of hatred, don't give them a tomorrow.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

8) 8) 8) :twisted:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
claybob86
Senior Levergunner

Post by claybob86 »

kimwcook wrote:Geez, Sixgun, I'd take a run at either one of those '86's. :D
I got the one on the left! :twisted:
Have you hugged your rifle today?
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Post by M. M. Wright »

I ain't chancing it.

But then, I already got an 86.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Hmmm, dern anti social types. :shock: 8) :wink: :lol:
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Thats funny right there.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Pitchy wrote:Hmmm, dern anti social types. :shock: 8) :wink: :lol:

Ha! There's been so many changes in my area over the last 40 years that I have to contribute these changes to my anti-social attitude. When I had the house built in '75, we were a farming community (my in-laws were the last dairy farmers in Delaware County) where respect was a "given" and help was there for anyone with no questions asked and no "pay" taken. There are still many areas of this great nation that are still that way.

Then.................the yuppies moved in, complete with Mercedes and 5,000 sq. foot houses. These yuppies are educated people who immediately got themselves on the school board, then had swimming pools and other luxuries done to our school system--------taxes, well, you know which way they went.

Then the yuppies got on the zoning commission and they wanted street lamps, public water & sewers, and a high tech community park. They TRIED to pass ordinances with no farm animals, (horses, chickens, sheep, etc.---we never did allow pigs) no shooting, no "work vehicles" on the property unless they were housed---in other words, they have changed our rural way of life in a way that suits their city way of life.

They call it progress and that it happens to every community sooner or later.

Well, thats fine and dandy, but one thing for sure---Their solicitations to my front door stopped about 10 years ago and my "anti-social" signs at the end of my driveway (KEEP OUT!) and ny new AK welcome sign keeps that much further away. :wink: :D

I'm glad I was born when I was---------------Sixgun

Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Geez... and my wife thought I was bad when after 4 or 5 Saturday's in a row I answered the front door in a partially open bath-robe, a beer in my hand... I opened the screen door, and as they stepped around, thinkin' I was inviting them in, let loose with stream of tobacco juice at their feet, said... "nope, not interested," and closed the door. Didn't even leave any literature! :twisted:

Although, I'm appalled at your choice of weaponry for your sign! :twisted: :P I thought for sure you'd have an AMERICAN made rifle there!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Griff wrote:Geez... and my wife thought I was bad when after 4 or 5 Saturday's in a row I answered the front door in a partially open bath-robe, a beer in my hand... I opened the screen door, and as they stepped around, thinkin' I was inviting them in, let loose with stream of tobacco juice at their feet, said... "nope, not interested," and closed the door. Didn't even leave any literature! :twisted:

Although, I'm appalled at your choice of weaponry for your sign! :twisted: :P I thought for sure you'd have an AMERICAN made rifle there!

Dang Griff,
I learn somethin' new everyday! I don't have a bath robe, just "tighty whiteys". I guess I can take a plug of Skoal and walk up to the door with "Herman" peeking out---straight ahead :D

Sorry 'bout the AK. :cry: The dealer told me he HAD some AR's but was sold out of them. I'll replace ASAP :D ---------------------Sixgun

KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

By gum, Sixgun! Is that '86 SRC left there for bait? Who could possibly resist bait like that! 8)
Kirk: An old geezer who loves the smell of freshly turned earth, old cedar rail fences, wood smoke, a crackling fireplace on a snowy evening, pristine wilderness lakes, the scent of
cedars and a magnificent Whitetail buck framed in the semi-buckhorn sights of a 120-year old Winchester.
Blog: https://www.kirkdurston.com/
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

KirkD wrote:By gum, Sixgun! Is that '86 SRC left there for bait? Who could possibly resist bait like that! 8)
Kirk,
I really don't think there are 2 people in the surrounding 20 miles who even know what any kind of an 1886 is. ---------But I bet they could tell you every model that BMW, Volvo, Mercedes or Lexus that there is. But the one thing they hide from their neighbors-----the big payment book. :D :D

I'm really beginning to feel like an outcast around here. There ain't many locals left---or people who think like me-------maybe thats a good thing? :D -----------Sixgun

Birdman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Birdman »

My little town is changing too. I ain't left, but I don't care for where we're going.
Senior Levergunner

Post by 2571 »

I've lived for 30 years in a neighborhood that was all lawyers and doctors who drove expensive cars (American made 'cause this is Detroit).

My neighborhood is changing, too. New crowd leaves their empty trash cans out until the next day, pull up left wheel to curb to greet friends and folks walk in the roadway despite there being sidewalks.

Change is inevitable.
OJ
Levergunner 3.0

Post by OJ »

Looks great to me - beats ours though I like having something to discourage those selling religion or other stuff we don't need.

Not as good but, here's ours -

However, the real threat is -

We leave the 200# "gentle giant" breed signs up - even though we've "downsized" to this 70# bundle of muscle and high IQ canine - she's even more of a threat looking so innocent and sweet -

Last edited by OJ on Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OJ KING
SEMPER FI
DUTY, HONOR, COUNTRY
NRA LIFE MEMBER
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

OJ,
Great pictures! :D Any man that loves dogs is a good man in my book---it shows where your heart is. :D

Good Lordy---those dogs are as big as an M-60 tank. I bet you have no unwanted visitors. Funny thing about dogs, no matter if they are big or small, they will die for their master. Better than most family members. :D ---------------------Sixgun

Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Sixgun wrote:They call it progress and that it happens to every community sooner or later.
I've just about had my fill of what passes for "progress". :evil:
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Love it Sixgun....I take it that it was not hand crafted by your Amish/Mennonite neighbors? ;)
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
1894c

Post by 1894c »

I work with an LEO who lives in the country with a long driveway--one-third of the way up his driveway you'll see a sign that reads "you're now within range" and there is a cross-hair logo under the lettering. I should tell you that he was a Marine sniper and is a member of our departments SRT team...code-4

--by the way like your sign...