Leverguns in 44 Mag. & FTX ammo ?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Buckeye
Levergunner 2.0

Leverguns in 44 Mag. & FTX ammo ?

Post by Buckeye »

How many do you fellows hunt with Leverguns in 44 Mag. ?

I recently purchased a 94 Winny (Pre-Safety :lol: ) in 44 Mag. with a 20in Barrel and have a Puma on the way with a 20in. barrel (Pre-safety also :lol: ) And your thoughts of the Leverevolution Hornady ammo in 44 mag.
Noah Zark
Senior Levergunner

Post by Noah Zark »

Welcome aboard, Buckeye!

Never fired any Leverevolution ammo of any kind, but when I still hunted I've found that JSP rounds performed better than JHP. Jacketed soft points resulted in a swifter kill with less bullet fragmentation in the deer I killed.

Noah
Might as well face it, you're addicted to guns . . .
horsesoldier03
Advanced Levergunner

Post by horsesoldier03 »

I have a Marlin 1894 .44 mag. I have used the 240 gr JSP like Noah as well as some 180 gr JHPs. Unfortunately, I have never harvested a deer with it. When deer season rolls around I seem to always grab my 336 in 30-30 because of the flater trajectory and LESS kick. I have blown away a few opossums. It is kind of fun to see them explode!
Buckeye
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Buckeye »

In my Blackhawk I've always enjoyed LSWC these are hard cast no noted leading, I have started useing Tite group a year or so ago,milder loads but are manageable and accurate , 10gr. of Tite Group beheind a LSWC MV bout 1300fps..seems to do the trick...i can always step up to H110 if needed.