tell me about Mt. holly N.C.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
foxtrapper
Levergunner 2.0

tell me about Mt. holly N.C.

Post by foxtrapper »

Suberb of Charlotte I believe. Thanks
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Ot-tell me about Mt. holly N.C.

Post by pwl44m »

I have an old Army bud close to Charlotte, He keeps trying to get Me to sell and move there. I'm thinkin as bad as Ca is on gun laws I think I'll stay. Oh the original question I haven't a clue.
Perry
Perry in Bangor----++++===Calif
foxtrapper
Levergunner 2.0

Post by foxtrapper »

Thanks Perry.....I think :D north east is starting to wear thin, looking to relocate.
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

Not much info on the Mt. Holly area but it is real nice down here in Coastal Carolina. It was a nice 70 today and sunny :D . NC is a beautiful state.
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
Stan in SC
Levergunner 3.0

Re: tell me about Mt. holly N.C.

Post by Stan in SC »

Mt Holly is close to Charlotte.The people are great and the climate is good.I live near Greenville,SC which is about 90 miles from Mt. Holly.Housing is relatively cheap in Mt. Holly .Do a Google on it and you will be impressed.

Stan in SC
The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45-70,it's almost a religion
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

Cost of living, real estate - all crazy inexpensive in the SE in general.
Your CA equity could probably buy you enough land to hunt on and 2-3 times the house you're in now.
Just a thought.
foxtrapper
Levergunner 2.0

Post by foxtrapper »

Thanks to all :D Stan , the move really is for my daughter who teaches high school math. She wants some acreage ,loves horses and she shoots a Marlin 1894 P! So she's looking in the Virginia ,N.C. area for a great school system and what I stated above. Any suggestions?
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

Tri-cities area?
Kingsport, Johnson City, TN; Bristol, VA
Rock-throwing distance to NC.
http://www2.tricities.com/
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

foxtrapper wrote:Thanks to all :D Stan , the move really is for my daughter who teaches high school math. She wants some acreage ,loves horses and she shoots a Marlin 1894 P! So she's looking in the Virginia ,N.C. area for a great school system and what I stated above. Any suggestions?
Great school system? Have her consider Fort Mill, SC. Just south of Charlotte across the state line. Even lower taxes and cost of living compared to Charlotte and NC in general. The Fort Mill school district is considered one of the best in the state. Having lived in many states, it ranks up there with any district in the country.
foxtrapper
Levergunner 2.0

Post by foxtrapper »

I'm passing the info along,keep it coming please :D
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

NC is broke and the school systems are going to be gutted IMO. Have her do due diligence on that before she moves. I have a lodge brother who is a vice principal of an elementary school who might be able to give her some insight into the NC school system protocols. PM me if you want his info.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
Stan in SC
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Stan in SC »

Ysabel gave you a good tip.I cannot recommend any other areas from personal experience.
Greenville,SC(not to be confused with Greenville,NC) is a great area.I live in a suburb of Greenville,SC.Recent survey of ten best places to live in the USA gave this place number six.I moved here 14 years ago from Atlanta and have never looked back.The mountains are an hour north and the beach is 4 hours south.We do not get much snow.The people are great.Housing is wayyyyyyyyyyyyy cheaper than Ca.Deer season lasts from 9/15 till 1/1.Who could ask for more?

Stan in SC
The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45-70,it's almost a religion
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Stan in SC wrote:Ysabel gave you a good tip.I cannot recommend any other areas from personal experience.
Greenville,SC(not to be confused with Greenville,NC) is a great area.I live in a suburb of Greenville,SC.Recent survey of ten best places to live in the USA gave this place number six.I moved here 14 years ago from Atlanta and have never looked back.The mountains are an hour north and the beach is 4 hours south.We do not get much snow.The people are great.Housing is wayyyyyyyyyyyyy cheaper than Ca.Deer season lasts from 9/15 till 1/1.Who could ask for more?

Stan in SC
Some of my neices and nephew went to schools in Simpsonville, outside of Greenville (SC). Another very good school system.
antilley
Levergunner 1.0

Post by antilley »

Ysabel Kid wrote:
foxtrapper wrote:Thanks to all :D Stan , the move really is for my daughter who teaches high school math. She wants some acreage ,loves horses and she shoots a Marlin 1894 P! So she's looking in the Virginia ,N.C. area for a great school system and what I stated above. Any suggestions?
Great school system? Have her consider Fort Mill, SC. Just south of Charlotte across the state line. Even lower taxes and cost of living compared to Charlotte and NC in general. The Fort Mill school district is considered one of the best in the state. Having lived in many states, it ranks up there with any district in the country.

+1 ..... Life long Texan that moved to Fort Mill 4 years back --- No regrets and a great place to raise kids.