Winchester Set Triggers

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
ohiochuck
Levergunner

Winchester Set Triggers

Post by ohiochuck »

Can anyone tell me about the lever action Winchester set triggers that were available by special order. Did it make any real difference on accuracy? How much did it reduce the triggger pull?
Thanks!
Jim
Cimarron Red
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Winchester Set Triggers

Post by Cimarron Red »

Set triggers in general reduce pull weight from pounds to ounces. On Winchester lever guns the close-coupled double set trigger was the most common type, and it works very well. A set trigger allows the shooter to break his shot more readily when the sights are correctly aligned on target particularly when shooting without a rest. There are shooters who prefer a well-tuned single trigger. I like both, but I like set triggers best, especially for target shooting like silhouettes that are shot off hand. Whichever trigger a shooter uses the key to hitting is a good follow-through.