This is why you kill coyotes (Bloody)

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Paladin
Senior Levergunner

This is why you kill coyotes (Bloody)

Post by Paladin »

Not my game camera but sent to me.
check the time stamp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
It is not the critic who counts
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT-This is why you kill coyotes (Bloody)

Post by kimwcook »

Hamstring'em and their done. Canine's have got to be the worst on quick kills.
Old Law Dawg
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Mother Nature can be a rough old whore sometimes.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
shooter
Senior Levergunner

Post by shooter »

But wait a minute! Coyotes only kill the old and the sick deer! This has to be photoshopped! :evil: :roll:

Same with wolves. That is what everyone is taught in grade school. Common sense should tell one that these animals will kill whatever they can. Nature is nature, but shouldn't be sugar coated or misrepresented. It is a brutal and violent world out there. It's too bad this buck had to find out the hard way. He was a nice one!!
‎"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen" - Samuel Adams
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

2 1/2 hours --- they nipped at him like a bunch of jackals and left most of the body for the darn hogs and vultures (which are not any better)

-- this reinforces to me why i keep my guide gun by my back door now . If i see a coyote again and i have time to get to the rifle, he/she is gone

Unlike this poor buck, - i will give the darn thing the mercy of a clean , swift kill because that is the way i try to do things
----- Doug
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

You mean Disney and PETA and GreenPeace are mistaken? So where does meat in the grocery store come from? :shock: What happens to the cattle on the farms? :( I dont think I'll be able to go to work tomorrow. I think I should go to a psychiatrist and learn about medications :lol:
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
gundownunder
Senior Levergunner

Post by gundownunder »

Whether you like it or not, that's mother nature at work.
If you want a few worse examples of waste, try these.

America nearly exterminated the Bison for their skins
Africa nearly exterminated the Elephant for their tusks
Australia nearly exterminated the Crocodile for their skins

heck, and that's just the start of the A's
and the fact that we kill 'em quicker don't make us any better.
Bob
You have got to love democracy-
It lets you choose who your dictator is going to be.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

BlaineG wrote:Mother Nature can be a rough old whore sometimes.
Good quote... :D
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

AJMD429 wrote:
Father God, evidence of the corrupt and fallen world from Adam, wasn`t supposed to be this way. :roll:
Someday it won`t. 8) :D

As far as the yotes i`ll shoot everyone i can.
Last edited by Pitchy on Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
twobit
Levergunner 2.0

Post by twobit »

I am always a bit skeptical about these "great game camera" sequences that get posted.
Not sure of how much effort this might have taken but I have to wonder what are the
chances that this one in a million event just happened to occur in front of somebodies
game camera? Another thing that is a bit interesting is the point that for as 'bloody'
as the deer's haunches are there is a real shortage od blood on the offending coyote faces.

But I still like to hunt coyotes! You ought to try it with a bow!!

Michael
Michael Puzio
Winchester Model 1892 Collector, Research & Valuations
Hobie

Re: This is why you kill coyotes (Bloody)

Post by Hobie »

No "OT" please.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

Boy I love the dog species.
However-------I see a coyote-------------------It's getting wacked.
Last edited by madman4570 on Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

The Auld Phart park I live at is on the edge of the sticks, and we get the 'yotes in the neighborhood.....Some of the stray cats have gone missing 8) I would love to get a shot at one, though.

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
L_Kilkenny
Senior Levergunner

Post by L_Kilkenny »

twobit wrote:I am always a bit skeptical about these "great game camera" sequences that get posted.
Not sure of how much effort this might have taken but I have to wonder what are the
chances that this one in a million event just happened to occur in front of somebodies
game camera? Another thing that is a bit interesting is the point that for as 'bloody'
as the deer's haunches are there is a real shortage od blood on the offending coyote faces.

But I still like to hunt coyotes! You ought to try it with a bow!!

Michael
I've seen many photoshoped pics and if this is one they spent a lot of time on em. Not saying they aren't shopped but if they are.....job well done.

There are millions of game cameras in use here and canada so the chances that something like this, even if a rare occurrence, is not as bad as you think. As a matter if fact, if it wasn't rare we'd see game pictures like these all the time on the net. I am really surprised at the size and health of the buck and when the sequence started I though the buck would have kicked the coyotes into hamburger. By the pics, guess I was wrong.

LK
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

After watching a pair of coyotes joyfully catch and eat mouse after mouse in a harvested wheat field, I decided they do have a place in the world. Sometimes I shoot, sometimes I don't. I figure God has his reasons, and they don't always seem to perfectly coincide with human priorities.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Sometimes I think loose dogs get the rap for what 'yotes do :wink:

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

Pitchy wrote:
AJMD429 wrote:
Father God, evidence of the corrupt and fallen world from Adam, wasn`t supposed to be this way. :roll:

Amen!...
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

Bill in Oregon wrote:After watching a pair of coyotes joyfully catch and eat mouse after mouse in a harvested wheat field, I decided they do have a place in the world. Sometimes I shoot, sometimes I don't. I figure God has his reasons, and they don't always seem to perfectly coincide with human priorities.

Very good point --- most of the time, i enjoy watching all manner of wildlife -- i live on a small acreage on the outskirts of suburbia , not a super rural farm, and its a treat sometimes to watch the critters because i dont see them that often ----
but i swore a coyote jihad when my favorite kitty went missing a couple of months back --i still haven't shot a coyote in retaliation though. The darn things have an uncanny knack of disappearing when they sense that Joe Homeowner is running for his gun :lol: Or they stay just out of range - for a Marlin 45-70, i consider that 150 yards with me behind the scope.
----- Doug
Leverdude
Senior Levergunner

Post by Leverdude »

I fiigured they were shot because they killed livestock, not for doing what God put them here for. I shoot most I see but things like that string of pics dont bug me much. Course I'd rather a shot at that deer than having him feed the coyotes, crows & worms, but the fact is they need it more than me.
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

BlaineG wrote:The Auld Phart park I live at is on the edge of the sticks, and we get the 'yotes in the neighborhood.....Some of the stray cats have gone missing 8) I would love to get a shot at one, though.
You take care you don't get in trouble shooting at cats!

N :lol:
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Nath wrote:
BlaineG wrote:The Auld Phart park I live at is on the edge of the sticks, and we get the 'yotes in the neighborhood.....Some of the stray cats have gone missing 8) I would love to get a shot at one, though.
You take care you don't get in trouble shooting at cats!

N :lol:
The coyotes, Nath, not the cats :wink:

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
rimrock
Levergunner 2.0

Post by rimrock »

Ridin' fence back in the late 70's, I came upon a dead cow. Yotes didn't eat nuthin just killed her for sport. Skinned her tail and ears, and many bite marks on her face. Lordy what a stink! In my sights yotes are DRT if I do my part.

I live about 40-50 miles from where that cow was killed. The buzzards and Mexican eagles don't leave much lying around for more than a few hours--much faster at cleaning up here compared with that cow.

rimrock
rangerider7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rangerider7 »

You can always tell a canine kill by their eating the rear end first. Felines eat the heart and internal organs first. If you come upon a kill it helps to know what's killing your game and stock. They are predators but so am I and I'm at the top. :x
"That'll Be The Day"
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

+1

A friend was telling me of a hunter he knew that took a buck a couple weeks ago here. The buck ran off, but left a good blood trail, but since it was getting dark, he decided he'd track it in the morning. He figured that between his shot and the amount of blood, the buck wouldn't have got 100 yards. Sure enough, he found "it" less than 100 yards from where he shot it, only there wasnt much left. Coyotes had got to the kill, and in less than 10 hours, stripped it bare. Only stuff left was the skull, spine and rack! :shock:
LeverBob
Senior Levergunner

Post by LeverBob »

Pitchy wrote:
AJMD429 wrote:

Amen Brother....

LB
afish4570
Levergunner 2.0

Post by afish4570 »

Had dinner at the Sinnemahoney Gun Club, No. Central Pa. on Dec. 9th.The secretary of Unified Sportsmen of Pa.org ,Blane Toy, told me he had just posted this trail cam picture of the large bucks slaughter on the USP's website. They have Ted Nugent helping the USP's cause which is continuing to pursue the (Pa. Game Comm.) PGC law suit for the mismanagement of the Pa. deer herd. Hunted for two weeks hard in No. Central Pa. and saw only one buck that was just a legal (3 pt. antler restriction). Coyote tracks are in area and nobody saw one to shoot.Three yrs. ago my 4570 ran into one (300 gr.JSP at 2330 fps in a Ruger #3).afish4570
C
afish4570
BAGTIC
Levergunner 3.0

Post by BAGTIC »

BlaineG wrote:Sometimes I think loose dogs get the rap for what 'yotes do :wink:

I lost 14 goats last year. Blamed coyotes until I caught two dogs in the act. Haven't lost any goats since. Cross my fingers.

At least coyotes have an excuse. They kill to live. The dogs kill for sport and then head home for their waiting dinner.
rangerider7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rangerider7 »

I agree BAGTIC. :x
"That'll Be The Day"
BigSky56
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BigSky56 »

All canines chase, maim and kill wildlife stock & poultry. wolves are the worse about 18 months ago we found 30 head mule deer and WT in a Fisher River drainage that had been hamstrung or flanks & bellies ripped up by wolves and had not been fed on and some were still alive , the F&G investigated it said it was wolves teaching the pups to kill. Coyotes kill and eat feral dogs kill and eat roaming pet dogs chase maim and kill but Ive never seen them feed on the animals. cougars kill and eat so do bears. There are complete drainage's here that have no game in them save for a passing thru animal cause of the wolves. I would guess that there was more than 2 yotes involved in this attack outside the cameras range. danny
Scharms
Levergunner

Post by Scharms »

Several years ago I went antelope hunting in WY and shot a nice 13" buck at dusk, I found what was left the next day after the coyotes had their meal. :( More recently, I almost lost my beloved dog Maggie to a coyote in my yard, thank God I came out in time to interrupt! I had to chase it off the property, they're not used to humans charging them! The one time I didn't have my carry gun on me a yote went after my J.R. Terror... This yote is big & distinctive and I will get him one of these days! :twisted:
"I prefer the company of peasants because they have not been educated sufficiently to reason incorrectly" -Michel de Montaigne