(Movie) Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

(Movie) Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol

Post by cshold »

Putting all personal Tom Cruise distaste aside,
I have to give him two thumbs up on this one.
It is an awesome 2 hour 15 min. on the edge of your seat
trying to remember to breathe movie. First time in a long
while I felt I got my monies worth at a movie theater.
PaperPatch
Levergunner 3.0

Re: (Movie) Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol

Post by PaperPatch »

Agreed....I enjoyed it very much.
:wink:
stew71
Senior Levergunner

Post by stew71 »

A group of us ditched work for a few hours to check this movie out during the day last week. Pretty entertaining, actually. I wouldn't pay full price to see it, but for $5, sure. Beats work. A lot of action and gun play, so thumbs up. And the skyscraper scenes in Dubai were flat-out awesome. And since I HATE heights.... :shock:
Some people just need a sympathetic pat on the head.....with a hammer. Repeatedly.
TMair
Levergunner 2.0

Post by TMair »

Cool, glad you guys posted, I have been on the fence if I want to see it or not do to MY distaste for TC, now I think I just might take the gamble.
Thank again for the reviews.
Terry
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

TC is a jerk, but who didnt' like Last Samurai, or Top Gun?
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

or Risky Business
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

It was entertaining, but the non-stop chase gets a bit tedious my wife and I thought. (Just sayin'...)

Oly
Cheers,
Oly

I hope and pray someday the world will learn
That fires we don't put out will bigger burn

Johnny Wright
TMair
Levergunner 2.0

Post by TMair »

BlaineG wrote:TC is a jerk, but who didnt' like Last Samurai, or Top Gun?
Me!!
Terry
TMair
Levergunner 2.0

Post by TMair »

bulldog1935 wrote:or Risky Business
Now I did like Risky Business, but not because of TC, the girls were hot, and Guido did a good job!!
20cows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 20cows »

TC is not the first actor who is very good at acting, but not worth the time of day on his own.
John in MS
Levergunner 2.0

Post by John in MS »

Curious to ask if it is helpful to have seen the previous MI movies (I haven't), or if it is ok as a stand-alone movie?

John
"Pistols do not win wars, but they save the lives of the men who do. The noble 1911 is a mechanical marvel, whose ruggedness, dependability & ferocious power have comforted four issues of GIs and which, unlike any other instrument you can name, is as much superior to its rivals today as it was in 1917."
-Col. Jeff Cooper, 1968
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

John in MS wrote:Curious to ask if it is helpful to have seen the previous MI movies (I haven't), or if it is ok as a stand-alone movie?
John

Yes, it will work as a stand-alone movie for ya John :)
MrMurphy
Senior Levergunner

Post by MrMurphy »

Spent time while in college (for TV broadcasting) shooting a show where the host was the wife of the guy who directed PT109 (as well as almost all the old school shows of the 50/60s, Mission Impossible, Batman, etc). Their den was a shrine to Hollywood back in the time, they were exceedingly well connected.

She interviewed a lot of famous people on books they had written due to their connections, as well as quite a few 'regular' authors.

I met Nelson DeMille when The General's Daughter was in preproduction and he was a nice guy. Met Tina Louise (Ginger from Gilligan's Isle) and while she could have been nicer, it was also midnight and she'd come off a plane (understandable).

But several very important types were complete oxygen thieves. Steve Allen (?), might have the name wrong..... the guy who invented the Today and Tonight shows, as well as others.

He was to put it nicely, a complete tool. He might know what people want to see (or did) but as a person, a real male reproductive apparatus if you get my drift.

And he was far from the only one.

Later on working in the news biz, found he was far from alone. Congresscritters, senators, most politicians, nothing new there. Both Bush #1 and Bush #2 were exceedingly gracious and rather nice to speak to. They were 'the real thing' and not one thing on camera and another off (as several want-to-be politicians found out, cameras may be off but brains keep recording, and reputations get around).

I've known others who've spent a lot of time around the Hollywood types and the 'normal' ones are few and far between.