Dog bites news anchor...owner gets cited

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
shooter
Senior Levergunner

Dog bites news anchor...owner gets cited

Post by shooter »

This is unbelievable to me. The owner of this dog gets invited on a news show and the news anchor gets in the dog's face and gets bit. The owner gets a ticket for violating a leash law and not having control of his dog. Really, what's he supposed to do? Here's the link to the story.....y'all can decide what you think.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/cutline/res ... 55422.html
‎"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen" - Samuel Adams
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Dog bites news anchor...owner gets cited

Post by FWiedner »

"Several people interacted with the dog [prior to the segment] and everything seemed fine," Dennis said. "Then at the last moment, the dog had behavior that nobody predicted or understood. Clearly we learned something."
Really? Nobody understood?

Lemme give it a try... I'll bet he was trying to say: "I don't know you, so get out of my face."

Typical liberal yutz. Create a problem and then hold someone else responsible.

:roll:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

it's going to cost the man a lot of money to have appeared on that show.
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

That's screwed up!
Anyone with ANY brains should know better(bet ya more do now)has been my experience these hybrid mastiffs(meaning other than the original huge English Mastiff)are NORMALLY unpredictable around people NOT in their pack. Another example is the Italian Mastiff. If you are not in their pack don't trust em.They will switch what they view as a threat to themselves or someone not in their pack in a blink.
Least she didn't lose an eye/nose/lips/etc.
That is one bad a## looking dog.(and in reality for a healthy adult male one of those he is very lightl)normally should be well over 100lbs for a well fed male. :wink:
Several months ago my BIL's Italian Mastiff got hit by a car(2010 Nissan Altima)and it deployed both front air bags on the car :shock: (solid dog)and his was a female.
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

Dogs are usually a good judge of character!
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

FWiedner wrote:
"Several people interacted with the dog [prior to the segment] and everything seemed fine," Dennis said. "Then at the last moment, the dog had behavior that nobody predicted or understood. Clearly we learned something."
Really? Nobody understood?
Lemme give it a try... I'll bet he was trying to say: "I don't know you, so get out of my face."
Typical liberal yutz. Create a problem and then hold someone else responsible.
:roll:
+1
RIHMFIRE wrote:Dogs are usually a good judge of character!
+1
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

RIHMFIRE wrote:Dogs are usually a good judge of character!
#2, exactly what I was thinking when I first read it.
Perry
Perry in Bangor----++++===Calif
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

I hate to laugh at someone getting bit, but i couldnt help it :lol: -- I hope the dog is released from his "quarantine" without a problem and the owner isnt subjected to too much b---s. He had ahold of the leash supposedly when this happened
----- Doug
Mac in Mo
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Mac in Mo »

That news gal got right in the dogs face and people are surprised she got bitten. What a bunch of boobs. Dogs are not people as much as many people like to make them out to be. I love my dogs dearly, they are part of my family, but they are still animals and we cannot know what is going on in their mind.
I always have to laugh when someone says about their dog " he/she won't bite", BS, any dog is capable of biting anybody at any time. My standard response when asked is " never has before".

Kevin
keyston44
Levergunner

Post by keyston44 »

shooter wrote:This is unbelievable to me. The owner of this dog gets invited on a news show and the news anchor gets in the dog's face and gets bit. The owner gets a ticket for violating a leash law and not having control of his dog. Really, what's he supposed to do? Here's the link to the story.....y'all can decide what you think.

The owner of the dog got the tickets for what happened the day before (the reason they were one the show). Not what happened in the studio.

Key
"Hatred is the cowards answer for being intimidated"
shooter
Senior Levergunner

Post by shooter »

keyston44 wrote:
shooter wrote:This is unbelievable to me. The owner of this dog gets invited on a news show and the news anchor gets in the dog's face and gets bit. The owner gets a ticket for violating a leash law and not having control of his dog. Really, what's he supposed to do? Here's the link to the story.....y'all can decide what you think.

The owner of the dog got the tickets for what happened the day before (the reason they were one the show). Not what happened in the studio.

Key
I'll have to go back and watch again, but that's not the impression I got from the animal control spokesperson in the video. At the end he makes some kind of comment about the citation about the owner not having control of the dog (even though he was holding the dog's collar). You could very well be correct, but it's just not what I gathered. Then again, my gatherer could have been taking a short vacation :D
‎"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen" - Samuel Adams
Mac in Mo
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Mac in Mo »

I was going to suggest that he was probably cited for the day the dog was on the ice. The article is lacking in complete info as most are. I think they would be pushing it to cite him while inside a private building, not that that means much these days.

Kevin
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

A studio is a noisy, bright lit, scary place for dogs....Remember all the problems Johnny Carson with those animals were on the show every so often?
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

BlaineG wrote:A studio is a noisy, bright lit, scary place for dogs....Remember all the problems Johnny Carson with those animals were on the show every so often?
Excellent point(didn't even think of that one)right on the money
adirondakjack
Senior Levergunner

Post by adirondakjack »

NEVER put your face in the face of a dog you don't know, especially one being restrained in any way. The owner had the dog by the collar, meaning the dog could not retreat when his personal space was invaded by the news moron, a lady likely showing off her own pearly whites as she did so.. They said the dog warned her by showing it's teeth, and it sounds like she was deep in her ""job", creating live TV and ignored that.
Certified gun nut
adirondakjack
Senior Levergunner

Post by adirondakjack »

Mac in Mo wrote:That news gal got right in the dogs face and people are surprised she got bitten. What a bunch of boobs. Dogs are not people as much as many people like to make them out to be. I love my dogs dearly, they are part of my family, but they are still animals and we cannot know what is going on in their mind.
I always have to laugh when someone says about their dog " he/she won't bite", BS, any dog is capable of biting anybody at any time. My standard response when asked is " never has before".

Kevin
+1000

My 8yr old dog as never bitten, and to my knowledge only once bared his teeth (my brother, who was visibly ill, perhaps scary looking to the dog, got too close too fast and he didn't like it). I always say "He makes a lot of noise but has never bitten. I advise those who want to pet him to offer him their hand with the fingers curled under in a fist, so he can sniff the back of the hand. The DOG will then decide if he wants contact, often by laying on his back so you can rub his belly.
Certified gun nut
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

We have seen this on Fox news a few time and I keep thinking she won't get in his face this time but she still does,reckon she's just dumb.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
adirondakjack
Senior Levergunner

Post by adirondakjack »

JerryB wrote:We have seen this on Fox news a few time and I keep thinking she won't get in his face this time but she still does,reckon she's just dumb.
She danged sure didn't grow up with an "testy" dogs. My wife got bit a few years ago by a golden retriever of all things. She reached past her cousin's dog's face, not even realizing what she was doing, and the dog snapped at her finger like an offending fly. Both of em were a tad upset, the dog trying to make it better immediately, etc.
Certified gun nut
OJ
Levergunner 3.0

Post by OJ »

keyston44 wrote:

Key
Yep - that's what the local stories here say - the dog fell through thin ice - was not on leash as the laws in most of Colorado require if the dog is not restrained by house, yard, or auto - or in at least - some way - so the owner was in violation of laws there. There are some "dog parks" where dogs are released to play with each other off leash - questionable to me since there is no requirement for proof of vaccination the enter those parks. Some separate small and large dogs - but, not all.

In addition, it was charged the owner had not had the dog vaccinated for rabies - another violation - owner denies it but it apparently had no license and rabies vaccination as is a requirement generally in Colorado.

The two mysteries to me are:
1. Why the dog was on TV show at all - and
2. How it happened the dog was not alleged to be a "Pit Bull" as usually happens when a dog injures someone - regardless of the dog's background. Denver is one place where it is against the law to own a Pit Bull - OTOH, it does give those who favor "breed specific" laws claiming certain breeds are automatically dangerous another breed to pick on - rather than holding the owners responsible.

My take is it's unfortunate that dog's owner wasn't more responsible - and the dog would never have been on TV - plus, if it wasn't vaccinated, it probably wasn't obedience trained - dog owners need to realize that ownership also has responsibilities beyond food and shelter for the dog - and neighbors safety. True - some breeds can be more protective (aggressive) - and they play rough.

We rescued a dog from our local "pound" - alleged to be part Mastiff (which we raised and showed for years) - but I have more Mastiff genes than she does - Having raised and showed boxers in the past - she is close to being all Boxer - placed #2 in her obedience class at age 2 months - all others in class at least 6 months old. She still gets some obedience training daily - holds a "sit-stay" until released - spends a day in day care every 2 weeks or so to maintain interaction with other dogs - she can be trusted anywhere - but likes to play rough and is always restrained on leash, in car, or home and in yard. (except in enclosed dog parks - but - that's restrained also - gate is closed and locked)

SIT STAY

Obvious Boxer body build and head - we keep'em natural for ears and tails -

And athletic - the Pit Bull hysteria continues, though - we've even been asked if these gentle giant Mastiffs were "pit Bulls" ???

I have no answer for why anyone would place their face into the face of a dog they weren't acquainted with, either.
PLUS - how incredibly stupid it was for that newswoman to stick her face into the dog's face and the dog probably interpreted that a aggression. I wouldn't even do that with my dog (obedience trained and gets some obedience training daily) - and - she's not only trained but - religious also -

We need more responsible dog owners and less breed specific antipathy (race prejudice?)
OJ KING
SEMPER FI
DUTY, HONOR, COUNTRY
NRA LIFE MEMBER
gundownunder
Senior Levergunner

Post by gundownunder »

Here in Oz the Dogo Argentino, which is what the owner claims "Max" to be, is a banned breed along with pitbulls and several other dog breeds that have been deemed unsuitable for people to own. We have even had calls to have the Rottweiler added to that list, although after 25 years of owning Rotties I still can't see why.

The newswoman has her hands all over the dog for a while and he submits to being molested without complaint. You can be pretty sure that if a stranger walked up to her and started molesting her like that she would pitch a real fit. His ears are back and he isn't too happy about what she is doing, but when she shoves her face in his he does what comes naturally.

If anybody hasn't seen the news clip yet, here is the link to youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TABUKagZ5mA
Bob
You have got to love democracy-
It lets you choose who your dictator is going to be.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

She was clearly inside the dog's space and was warned... and yes, the animal control person specifically states the citation was for the dog's actions on the set... said even though the owner was holding the collar, he didn't have have control...
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
gundownunder
Senior Levergunner

Post by gundownunder »

That citation is pure BullDung, the dog only lunged forward 6 inches and stopped immediately after the first lunge. How much control are you meant to have over your dog?
Bob
You have got to love democracy-
It lets you choose who your dictator is going to be.