TOP SHOT ON TONIGHT on the History Channel 02.14.12

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

TOP SHOT ON TONIGHT on the History Channel 02.14.12

Post by RIHMFIRE »

TOP SHOT ON TONIGHT on the History Channel at 10 eastern time & 9 central
I was very glad to see the self taught guy win last season!
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
Newtmaker
Levergunner 2.0

Re: TOP SHOT ON TONIGHT on the History Channel 02.14.12

Post by Newtmaker »

Dang! Tuesday nights are getting too many shows that I like! I will have to record it at 2:00 AM so I can watch the next day.
Thanks for the heads up!

Walt
horsesoldier03
Advanced Levergunner

Post by horsesoldier03 »

I stopped watching TOPSHOT after the 2nd season, when it became obvious it was not a shooting contest but a popularity contest!
“Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Although I have some issues with the editing... the overall premise is good... as they say, "on any given Sunday."
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
JB
Senior Levergunner

Post by JB »

horsesoldier03 wrote:I stopped watching TOPSHOT after the 2nd season, when it became obvious it was not a shooting contest but a popularity contest!
I agree. The show sounded good in theory, but it was too much drama and socializing for me.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

JB wrote:
horsesoldier03 wrote:I stopped watching TOPSHOT after the 2nd season, when it became obvious it was not a shooting contest but a popularity contest!
I agree. The show sounded good in theory, but it was too much drama and socializing for me.
Was pure shooting in the season premiere. I think they might have got the message - or at least the contestants did. Was happy to see the mouthy kid eliminated immediately! :D
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

Ysabel Kid wrote:
JB wrote:
Was pure shooting in the season premiere. I think they might have got the message - or at least the contestants did. Was happy to see the mouthy kid eliminated immediately! :D
The two "world champs" were sent packing...
I wonder haw long it really took to knock down the 8 rows
of steel plates?
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

I am amazed at how poorly the top shots shoot. Makes me think that some of the fellas here should gather around a camp fire and have our own version .. I know many of you compete in local and regional and even national events. Bet we could shoot a Ruger SA better than most of them did last night, as well as the M1A
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

rjohns94 wrote:I am amazed at how poorly the top shots shoot. Makes me think that some of the fellas here should gather around a camp fire and have our own version .. I know many of you compete in local and regional and even national events. Bet we could shoot a Ruger SA better than most of them did last night, as well as the M1A
I was thinking the same thing. I imagne part of this is simple nerves. Many people haven't competed in the shooting sports (I'm one), and the thought of doing it, with cameras rolling, has got to be a little nerve-wracking, which easily takes its toll in a sport of precision. You'd think the combat vets in the group wouldn't be phased at all though on this point. After all, none of the targets are shooting back!

Another part, IMHO, is that many folks who enjoy shooting do so with a very limited number of weapons. I'll admit, I am not equally good on every weapon I pick up. But I have more than a passing familiarity with almost all of them. It amazes me the nationally-ranked guys who are handed a weapon and then start making excuses because they have "never fired one of these before"...
20cows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 20cows »

I just hope they don't have a super jerk like they did most of last season. He pulled lots of silly stuff off the range.
Panzercat
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Panzercat »

Drama queens with guns. Pass.
...Proud owner of the 11.43×23mm automatic using depleted Thorium rounds.
Motex66
Levergunner

Post by Motex66 »

I fast forward threw the non shooting parts.
John