NO levers (except the clutch and brake)

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
adirondakjack
Senior Levergunner

NO levers (except the clutch and brake)

Post by adirondakjack »

So this after noon, Jimmy Buffet was on the box singing "Mother mother Ocean", and I said to myself "Self, lets go see if the Atlantic Ocean is still there". I headed east from Ocala on FL HWY 40 until I couldn't go no more.

Yep, still there, and beautiful as ever, even on a cloudy Florida Winter's day. I got there 30 minutes before sunset. Just enough time to fill the badly depleted visual bank with some wave action, had a burger and a coffee and headed back. 160 miles or so round trip.
Carry on.
Certified gun nut
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Re: NO levers (except the clutch and brake)

Post by JReed »

Nice way to spend a day. :mrgreen:
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Hwy 40 is a nice ride right thru the middle of Ocala Nat'l forest. If you're going to be in the area much another nice ride would be out 27 thru Williston to Chiefland then turn north on U.S. 19. That is the Florida Nature coast. North of there about 30 min. in Cross City on the north end of town on the left is an old restaurant that just screams Old Florida. The Cypress Inn IIRC. An hour or so north of that is Perry, where they have the forestry museum. IMHO that is the most beautiful part of Florida, and it's not overcrowded with touristias.

By The Way, Cross City is the home of Dixie Slugs.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

:mrgreen: cool ,sounds nice. 8)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
Larkbill
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Larkbill »

Thanks for posting. Brought back great memories of my days living in Albany, Ga. My roomate and I would wake up on a Saturday morning in Jan or Feb with great weather for the next couple days and jump on our bikes for a trip to Panama City. It was 175 miles, perfect for one day down and the next day back. Especially considering we both would ride home on leave each summer, me to St Louis and him to Wyoming.

Post by adirondakjack »

Larkbill wrote:Thanks for posting. Brought back great memories of my days living in Albany, Ga. My roomate and I would wake up on a Saturday morning in Jan or Feb with great weather for the next couple days and jump on our bikes for a trip to Panama City. It was 175 miles, perfect for one day down and the next day back. Especially considering we both would ride home on leave each summer, me to St Louis and him to Wyoming.
My sister used to live in Albany, GA, and at that time, I lived in Port St. Joe. Made that trip many times. Weewahitchca and Two Egg are names I remember.
Certified gun nut
Larkbill
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Larkbill »

Haha Two Egg, been through there a few times.

I was there in the early 70's, went through a couple years ago and didn't recognize Albany at all.