Nother gun, maybe!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Nother gun, maybe!

Post by Nath »

A good friend and gun dealer of mine has lent me a Holloway sxs 12g to try.

It very light and nice to carry all day.

I have patterned a couple of loads and it shoots POA, interestingly the tight choked left tube shoots no tighter than the open right tube, not with the loads I tested anyway.

I have shot side by side with my Parker Hale on pigeon. It seems the PH is a better gun on pigeon but only just.

If I get a good deal this gun will be my game gun having ejectors, my PH is my pigeon gun and bad weather gun, my 20g 870 is my walked up gun. Thats me done.

Nath.
Last edited by Nath on Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Nother gun, maybe!

Post by Pitchy »

8) 8)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

Beautiful side by side, Nath. I'll bet that shooting those fat wood pigeons is a blast, plus good eating, too. :)
"Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be arrested, exiled or hanged"....President Abraham Lincoln
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Nath, it sounds like you may have found another treasure! :mrgreen:
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Dave
Senior Levergunner

Post by Dave »

Get it!
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Hi Nath,

Over here it is generally no big issue to loan someone else a long arm, even when you are not present. Some states would probably have a concern, especially if it was an EBR, but most would be okay. More states would have issues with a handgun, of course. How does it work in the UK? Seems like it would be a problem given how bad your gun laws are over there!
1894c

Post by 1894c »

Nath--I really enjoy your posts, never owned a double-gun before, but that looks like a good idea.
Nice rabbit by the way... :) I just ordered a simple H&R single-shot in 12 ga. for no other reason
than it was what I started hunting with and I remember that life was good with that shotgun.
I may have to look into a double-barrel though...got me thinking... :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Post by M. M. Wright »

Oh Nath that is sweet! I think you NEED it.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Ysabel Kid wrote:Hi Nath,

Over here it is generally no big issue to loan someone else a long arm, even when you are not present. Some states would probably have a concern, especially if it was an EBR, but most would be okay. More states would have issues with a handgun, of course. How does it work in the UK? Seems like it would be a problem given how bad your gun laws are over there!
Hi YK, shotguns can be borrowed to another licence owner without any notification for (IIRC) 72 hours, no body asks when the 72 hours began :roll:

This does not apply to "firearms", a generic term given to any gun that falls outside the legal description of a shotgun according the Brit definition (A shotgun becomes a "firearm when it is capable of more than three shots). A "Firearm" can be shared by two "fiearm" licence holders.

Good int'it :roll:

Thanks for the comments gents :D Thanks Gamekeeper.

Nath.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Nath - nice!

Y guy - not a good idea in CA on the loan.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

walks with gun
Levergunner 3.0

Post by walks with gun »

I'd say if you can it would be morally wrong not to, really is there anything wrong with too much candy.
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Well Nath, I think there is nothing finer than a double SxS for a game gun. I love my Osborne. Good luck with it blessings
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot