MISSING .44 SPECIAL

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

MISSING .44 SPECIAL

Post by JerryB »

Well boys, fianally after a lot of praying about it I decided that it is time to do something besides gripe. November 2010 a friend that lived in Oklahoma came to my house one afternoon to visit, he has family here. After a long tail of woe he needed to borrow a handgun, he left here with my old model Charter Arms Target Bulldog .44 special 4" barrel with Pachmayr Grippers on it. He said when he left that he would return the gun within a month at the most. My wife and my grandson both said " well that's the last time you'll see that gun".
After a lot of calls and a different story each time it got really hard to get hold of him. It has been over two years now and yesterday, Friday, I called the sheriff's office and they sent a deputy right out to take the report. It went along just fine until he ask me the man's name. I told him that was what had kept me from filing a report all this time. Then I reckon it hit me that my friend was not my friend, I told the deputy his name and I sure had a great load lifted and feel a lot better now. I don't have much hope of seeing my .44 again but who knows, it may turn up in a stop and search by one of our good LEO men here. This is awful long winded for an old man but I feel better telling ya'll, thanks.The serial number is 581408
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
Hobie

Re: MISSING .44 SPECIAL

Post by Hobie »

You are a much better friend than he is and more patient than I am. I hope you get your gun back.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Bummer Jerry, hope ya get satisfaction. :(
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Jerry,
Ay Chiuahua
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Sorry to hear that anyone who called you friend could turn around and do that to you. You did the right thing.
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

I am sorry Jerry. Tell me more about the charter arms, details please. Barrel length? Grips? Ss? Etc
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Thanks fellas, I really don't expect to see it again just had to get it settled sort of. By the way the gun is blued.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

:wink: You just never know
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
1894c

Post by 1894c »

You would be amazed what guns show up in the evidence locker--that report you made will be on the web (I think nation wide)--if it turns up they'll be a hit... :)
Last edited by 1894c on Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Senior Levergunner

Post by 2571 »

Based on my upbringing here in MI, where until very recently that has been illegal, I cannot fathom the thought of loaning someone a pistol. I'd assume it's been used in multiple crimes by now and probably a murder.

I realize my sentiment reflects experiences where I live. Even now, a pistol can only be loaned to someone here licensed by the state to carry a concealed weapon.

Good luck.
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

2571 wrote:Based on my upbringing here in MI, where until very recently that has been illegal, I cannot fathom the thought of loaning someone a pistol. I'd assume it's been used in multiple crimes by now and probably a murder.

I realize my sentiment reflects experiences where I live. Even now, a pistol can only be loaned to someone here licensed by the state to carry a concealed weapon.

Good luck.

Every day on these boards I see comments like this and become even more thankful to God for giving me Wyoming as my home. It is just hateful to me that my fellow Americans have to live under draconian laws such as this.

To the OP, sorry about the loss of your gun, might be worth it in the long run to find out what kind of person your "friend" really was.
adirondakjack
Senior Levergunner

Post by adirondakjack »

2571, Yeah, NY is the same. But in trying to comprehend, think long gun in MI. If somebody came to you and said "I been having some trouble out my way with thieves" and asked to borrow a shotgun..... In the south and west folks in most areas treat handguns the same way.
Certified gun nut
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

You are sure right about that, in this part of the country when someone needs to borrow a gun they mean a handgun. If they need a shotgun or a rifle that is what they ask for.
When I told the deputy why I loaned it to the man because he needed one for awhile, he understood the what and why of it, he was raised around here. That's how it is here, not a problem unless they don't bring it back.