Edit: cast bullet maker back up and running

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Edit: cast bullet maker back up and running

Post by C. Cash »

Ordered up 100 of the Ranch Dog 265 gr. .432's for my son's new Marlin 44 Mag, from Carolina Cast bullets. Next day, owner called me up and said the ATF had shut him down because he did not have a required license to sell. This could shut him down for 6 weeks while all "I's" get dotted. Is it any wonder why our Country is failing with this garbage going on? Cramps my style too as I wanted to get these loads up for a Spring Hog Hunt, and have son practice with them.

Edit: looks to be resolved and the maker is again taking orders.
Last edited by C. Cash on Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Re: ATF shuts down cast bullet maker

Post by C. Cash »

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

Once again, rules made up by bureaucrats demonstrate their exquisite wisdom. :?
Kirk: An old geezer who loves the smell of freshly turned earth, old cedar rail fences, wood smoke, a crackling fireplace on a snowy evening, pristine wilderness lakes, the scent of
cedars and a magnificent Whitetail buck framed in the semi-buckhorn sights of a 120-year old Winchester.
Blog: https://www.kirkdurston.com/
two bit okie
Levergunner 2.0

Post by two bit okie »

It is bad enough that we yanks have to put up with these maggots, but it really hurts to have us laughed at by outsiders. Just because we have them is no reason for Kirik to snicker and............ and......... Ok, we shoved obama off the world, I guess we deserve all of the contempt we get.
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Kirk wasn't making fun two bit okie. I think you might have misread his comments. just trying to give a heads up. This is the only commercial caster of the Ranch Dog bullet. I feel for the small businessman.
Terry Murbach
Shootist

Post by Terry Murbach »

THERE IS NO KNOWN FEDERAL LICENSE NEEDED TO SELL CAST BULLETS PERIOD, TO THE ABSOLUTE BEST OF MY KNOWLEDGE.
RIDE, SHOOT STRAIGHT, AND SPEAK THE TRUTH
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Neither have I heard of such... Ammunition, yes, bullets, no. :?:

A check/search of ATF.gov uncovered no such reference.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

That sucks. Maybe there's a shootist here who can help you out with that design.-----Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Yeah he was quite shocked too and wasn't aware of anything like that, but that is what the agent told him. I will call him back and get an update.....I think he has been given bad info as well, for whatever reason. either way, It's disturbing.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Perhaps he needs a lawyer to speak for him. Private citizens are ignored by government thugs. Lawyers speak a different language and sometimes thugs listen.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

You got that right Joe! I think that is what he needs to do.

Jack...we'll get her going and thanks for the good thoughts.
LAH
Levergunner

Post by LAH »

Federal License to sell...................Don't think so.
Federal License to cast bullets for sale............Possible. This point has been batted by & forth over the years even inside the ATF. My Agent says no but plenty more say yes. In reading the law it does appear so. Bullets are called a component of ammunition. Any way I'm loading up to go fishin'. Need a license for that too.
Charles
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Charles »

ATF has been known to make up regs on the fly. They can't seem to do anything down here, but increase the flow of guns to the Mexican drug thugs, so I guess they need something to justify their time and salary.
LAH
Levergunner

Post by LAH »

Just spoke with him. He's alive & well. No raid, handcuffs, automatic weapons & such. Only a paper work mix up. Just give him a few, he's working on it. In fact go on & order many boolits. It"ll give him something to do while waiting the papers. :D
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

I'm glad you spoke up Creeker. Hope you caught a mess of fish as well.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Thank you for the info.....glad that worked out for him. I didn't mean to insinuate a raid or anything like that. He sounds like good people and it's good to see good people do well.
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

C. Cash wrote:Kirk wasn't making fun two bit okie. I think you might have misread his comments.
Absolutely no making fun intended at all. You Americans don't have the monopoly on bureaucrats. We have a plague of them up here as well. :wink:
Kirk: An old geezer who loves the smell of freshly turned earth, old cedar rail fences, wood smoke, a crackling fireplace on a snowy evening, pristine wilderness lakes, the scent of
cedars and a magnificent Whitetail buck framed in the semi-buckhorn sights of a 120-year old Winchester.
Blog: https://www.kirkdurston.com/
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

KirkD wrote:
C. Cash wrote:Kirk wasn't making fun two bit okie. I think you might have misread his comments.
Absolutely no making fun intended at all. You Americans don't have the monopoly on bureaucrats. We have a plague of them up here as well. :wink:
OK but we've still got our eye on you! :wink: :lol:
ollogger
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Edit: cast bullet maker back up and running

Post by ollogger »

I need to call Jerry at Carolina & put in another order, he seems like a great guy & fun to talk to, plus puts out a great bullet, need to check
out that 25cal. bullet this time & some more for the 38-55
Hope them law Breakers leave him alone

ollogger
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Re: Edit: cast bullet maker back up and running

Post by Old Ironsights »

Good to know. I have a small order out with him too. Not critical, but still...

Glad to hear they didn't stomp his cat and shoot his wife...
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!