Taurus Acquires Heritage Manufacturing

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Hagler
Senior Levergunner

Post by Hagler »

Good people,

I saw this on Rimfire Central:

http://www.theoutdoorwire.com/story/133 ... 9fs3hmcbg5

"Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Miami, FL - Taurus®, the world's foremost manufacturer of firearms announces the acquisition of Heritage Manufacturing, Inc. of Opa Locka, Florida, an American company proudly producing an American legend, the Western Single Action Revolver. Terms of the transaction are undisclosed.

Heritage Manufacturing was founded in 1992 by Jay Bernkrant and his wife, Maria Diaz, and their firearms were quickly recognized for outstanding workmanship, accuracy, quality and value. Featuring the acclaimed Rough Rider 22LR and 22 Magnum combo revolver, Heritage brings affordability to any outdoorsman who enjoys plinking, hunting, and family fun. Heritage's competitive price points mirror the Taurus position of value leader in the marketplace.

Jay Bernkrant, President/Owner of Heritage Manufacturing is quick to note that, "Heritage and Taurus have always had a long, family-like relationship. We share the same family-based values and deep-rooted desire to bring the best products to the most people." The Heritage name and brand will continue to be marketed as a standalone while receiving the full support of the Taurus management efforts and distribution channels.

"This acquisition is a great compliment to our Taurus and Rossi products; a perfect fit with our growth strategy to acquire and partner with companies that share our core competency of affordably priced firearms for all shooters. Taurus is continuing to accelerate in the shooting sports and Heritage products will keep our customers hunting, plinking and cowboy-action shooting. Heritage Manufacturing, Inc. is a well-respected American company with traits of tradition that our nation is built upon and we look forward to increasing the brand awareness to the consumer," states Mark Kresser, President and CEO of Taurus USA.

About Taurus:
Taurus International Manufacturing, Inc. is proud to be the U.S. importer of all Taurus brand firearms manufactured in Brazil and to be the manufacturer of the model PT-22, PT-25, PT-732 and PT-738 pistols made here in the US. Taurus International services all Taurus brand firearms under the LIFETIME REPAIR POLICY™ as well. For additional information about Taurus, visit www.taurususa.com. High-resolution images are available at www.taurusdownloads.com.
KIM CAHALAN KIM@MEDIADIRECTCREATIVE.COM 309.944.5341"

Shawn
"That's right, Billy, I'm good with it. I hit what I shoot at, and I'm fast!"-Lucas McCain, c1882.
ImageImage
Senior Levergunner

Re: Taurus Acquires Heritage Manufacturing

Post by 2571 »

"Taurus®, the world's foremost manufacturer of firearms "

Really?
yooper2
Levergunner 3.0

Post by yooper2 »

"Taurus®, the world's foremost manufacturer of firearms "

Really?
Yeah, that seems to be a rather bold claim to me as well.

Eric
Panzercat
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Panzercat »

Because, well, you know... Glock is a niche market, right?
...Proud owner of the 11.43×23mm automatic using depleted Thorium rounds.
KCSO
Levergunner 3.0

Post by KCSO »

Well if that isn't feces bidding on a turd. Right now Taurus is running 30% returns for quality control issues and Heritage the last three guns we got in none would even fire. In each one the transfer bar was too short to hit the firing pin.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

That's improving the job market :lol: :lol:

UPS has plenty to do.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jdad »

KCSO wrote:Well if that isn't feces bidding on a turd. Right now Taurus is running 30% returns for quality control issues and Heritage the last three guns we got in none would even fire. In each one the transfer bar was too short to hit the firing pin.
You must be getting some good Tauri. My local shop says it's about 50% that go back after the first range trip.
I know a whole lot about very little and nothing about a whole lot.
1894c

Post by 1894c »

quality...had to send back a new Rossi (still waiting for return), was shipped to LGS pre-broken, never owned or bought a gun that was pre-broke beforehand (found out it was broken at the gun range when i tried to load and fire...my LGS frowns upon putting live un-broken ammo into gun as you pre-inspect before purchase)...yes i know others have had issues with other brands...i never had... :)
Last edited by 1894c on Tue May 01, 2012 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

Bought a Taurus 63 .22 semiauto, sorriest piece of krapp, tang sight was worthless as boobs on a footlocker. Took it to the gunshow and got rid of it forthwith. :wink:

Bought the Taurus 1911 45 auto, one of the best guns I have owned. Over 1000 rounds now with various handloads, has never stuttered, not once.

Go figure. :?
toby
Levergunner

Post by toby »

So, quality is going to change how? :lol:
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

jnyork wrote:... worthless as boobs on a footlocker.
Whoa now, you might be onto something there as far as increasing the attention paid to footlockers.
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I gave guy at the job 90 bucks for a Heritage .22 LR because he really needed the money......It will just sit...just by the looks of it, I would not care to shoot it or palm it off on anyone...maybe I can get 20 bucks trade in for something some day... :roll:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

The Heritage Big Bore 45 I have is fine. Pietta made the parts I believe.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

I keep old/cheap single actions in the house in New Mexico for decor, maybe we can work something out.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Old Savage wrote:The Heritage Big Bore 45 I have is fine. Pietta made the parts I believe.
I have the same gun, and it works fine now. Some initial problems, but they were quick to fix them.
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

Old Savage wrote:The Heritage Big Bore 45 I have is fine. Pietta made the parts I believe.
The Big Bores and .22s are completely different animals. I've heard few complaints regarding the Pietta Big Bores.

Oly
Cheers,
Oly

I hope and pray someday the world will learn
That fires we don't put out will bigger burn

Johnny Wright
MrMurphy
Senior Levergunner

Post by MrMurphy »

Knew two guys with the .22 single actions.

One broke within 300 rounds, the other ran mostly okay.

I had a Taurus 62A carbine, the replica of the Winchester pump. It ran great for many years, but that's about the only Taurus I can say that about.
BAGTIC
Levergunner 3.0

Post by BAGTIC »

Perhaps the confusion is due to a language problem.
The Brazilians still have not figured out the difference between "compliment" and "complement".
Buck Elliott
Member Emeritus

Post by Buck Elliott »

An apparent case of Mediocre meets Mediocre... Will Mediocrity² be an improvement..?

I have serious doubts...
Regards

Buck

Life has a way of making the foreseeable that which never happens, and the unforeseeable, that which your life becomes...