OT-Drug Problems!!!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
505stevec
Levergunner 3.0

OT-Drug Problems!!!

Post by 505stevec »

The following is a letter to the editor

The other day, someone at a store in our town read that a Methamphetamine lab had been found in an old farmhouse in the adjoining county and he asked me a rhetorical question, "Why didnt we have a drug problem when you and I were growing up?"

I replied, I had a drug problem when I was young: I was drug to church on Sunday morning. I was drug to church for weddings and funerals. I was drug to family reunions and community socials no matter the weather.
I was drug by my ears when I was disrespectful to adults. I was also drug to the woodshed when I disobeyed my parents, told a lie, brought home a bad report card, did not speak with respect, spoke ill of the teacher or the preacher, or if i didnt put forth my best effort in everything that was asked of me.
I was drug to the kitchen sink to have my mouth washed out with soap if I uttered a profanity. I was drug out to pull weeds in mom's garden and flower beds and cockleburs out of dad's fields. I was drug to the homes of family, friends and neighbors to help out some poor soul who had no one to mow the yard, repair the clothesline, or chop some firewood, and, if my mother had ever found out that I took a single dime as a tip for this kindness, she would have drug me to the woodshed.
Those drugs are still in my veins and they affect my behavior in everything i do, say, or think. They are stronger than cocain, crack, or heroin; and, if today's children had this kind of drug problem, America would be a better place.
God bless the parents who drugged us.

Submitted by a concerned citizen
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I like it! thanks for posting.
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
brucew44guns
Senior Levergunner

drugged

Post by brucew44guns »

505, were you just hard to convince that you had to go straight? Just kidding 505, most of us kids needed to be drugged once in awhile I suppose, and it never hurt either. I have never smoked dope or took pills, no drugs period. Now that I'm 63 I probably will make it for awhile yet without trying it. Good post!!!.
To hell with them fellas, buzzards gotta eat same as the worms.
Outlaw Josey Wales

Member GOA
NRA Benefactor-Life
MikeS.
Levergunner 3.0

Post by MikeS. »

Seen that before but it's still good. Although I wasn't drug as much as this implies and we didn't have a wood shed but Dad did have a belt that he knew how and when to use.

Didn't stop me from sneaking booze or smokin some of that wacky tobaccy when I was a teen. But it did help me to be a hard worker and family man.

Thanks Dad.
MikeS.

Master Mason
Worshipful Master of Triluminar Lodge 117
Jefferson county, WV.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

:D :D :D
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Those were the best kind of Drugs for long term care. My parents knew about those drugs and that the hand of education could be applied to the seat of learning. Our society is now so enlightened and openminded that many people are in danger of having their brains fall out. Kind of like the main character in Poe's "Never bet the Devil your head" many people just don't use that part of their body, and probably wouldn't miss it if it were gone.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost