Been to Punta Cana?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Been to Punta Cana?

Post by TedH »

We bought a all inclusive trip to Punta Cana at a well known resort. Not looking to do much besides sit under a palm tree with a cold drink in my hands for a few days. She's talking about zip lines, para-sailing and such, so I guess it won't all be idle time on the beach, but it will be nice to just get away. Would be interested to hear if you have any experience in the region.
NRA Life Member
shooter
Senior Levergunner

Re: Been to Punta Cana?

Post by shooter »

Not yet, but we want to go. I just got into the travel business, so we are looking to travel a little more in the future. I'm sure you'll have a great time. We are headed to Jamaica, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel at the end of July. I'm not a huge fan of the ocean per se, but anytime I can sit on a beautiful beach with a Corona, do a little snorkeling, and never have to put on shoes or long pants, I'm a happy camper. Have fun on your trip!
‎"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen" - Samuel Adams
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

never been there....but enjoy your trip and tip a few for us!!!
Try some windsurfing...and scuba diving...
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
awp101
Advanced Levergunner

Post by awp101 »

Is it anywhere near Macho Grande? :wink:
Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits.
-Mark Twain

Proverbs 3:5; Philippians 4:13

Got to have a Jones for this
Jones for that
This running with the Joneses boy
Just ain't where it's at
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I've never been in that area, but I'll sign up when Cuba becomes legal....Bass fishing, cuba libres, wonderful salsa music and so on....I might never leave.. :D (My 2 years in Panama were that good, too, exept for being military, and the fact we had just overthrown an elected official :lol: Not everyone loved us :shock: )
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Rustolium
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Rustolium »

TedH wrote:We bought a all inclusive trip to Punta Cana at a well known resort. Not looking to do much besides sit under a palm tree with a cold drink in my hands for a few days. She's talking about zip lines, para-sailing and such, so I guess it won't all be idle time on the beach, but it will be nice to just get away. Would be interested to hear if you have any experience in the region.
My girlfriend and I are planning on goin there as well. I'd love to hear what others have to say.
bigbore442001
Levergunner 3.0

Post by bigbore442001 »

I recall reading something about the hunting opportunities in Cuba. It seems somewhat interesting.
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

It's not in Cuba, it's on the east coast of the Dominican Republic.
NRA Life Member
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

Some friends gave my wife and I a vacation there a year and a half ago. It was wonderful. The beach was miles long, the five star hotel had several great restaurants, the room was first class, it was great. We just laid around the whole time reading, sleeping and walking on the beach. We didn't want to do any extra stuff; we just wanted to rest up. Can't recall the name of the hotel, but it might have been the Grand Majestic.
Kirk: An old geezer who loves the smell of freshly turned earth, old cedar rail fences, wood smoke, a crackling fireplace on a snowy evening, pristine wilderness lakes, the scent of
cedars and a magnificent Whitetail buck framed in the semi-buckhorn sights of a 120-year old Winchester.
Blog: https://www.kirkdurston.com/