Chest holster for revolver

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Irelander
Levergunner 2.0

Chest holster for revolver

Post by Irelander »

I've always kinda had my eye out for a chest holster but never really saw anything that fit the bill for me. Just saw a reference to one of these over at smith-wessonforum.com.

http://www.diamonddcustomleather.com/Chest_Holsters.php

Looks very functional and practical. The price is a little steep to me, but hey...I'm cheap. Might have to save my pennies up for one to keep my 629 in for hunting.
The time has come to stand for all we believe in.

Glock Certified Armorer
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Chest holster for revolver

Post by Rusty »

You might try a Simply Rugged Chesty Puller.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
dkmlever
Levergunner 3.0

Post by dkmlever »

I have had/tried both, Diamond Leather is great, far superior in my opinion.
Bought one for my 50 anniversary Blackhawk and it fits great and carries well.
Doug
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

FWIW, when handgun hunting, I carried ONLY a handgun - usually held in my hands, ready for a shot.

However, when I wanted to holster the gun ( I used either an 8-3/8" M29 or a 7-1/2" Ruger SRH .454), I found through actual use ( aka: trial & error - mostly error) that a leather rig was more than likely to "creak" (make an unwanted noise) at just the wrong time, needlessly alerting game.

IMO the best rig turned out to be the Cordua Nylon Bianchi 4100 Ranger H.U.S.H. ( HUnting Shoulder Holster) - which had both a retaining strap and/or flap, which choice I made usually depended upun the weather inclemency. BT, DT - no deer.

It had the additional endearing feature of allowing me to slide it around to the back of my shoulder, to get it out of the way during stalks and/or climbing.

http://www.bianchi-intl.com/product/Pro ... delID=4100

Last edited by Pete44ru on Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Rusty wrote:You might try a Simply Rugged Chesty Puller.
Dittos.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Pete44ru wrote:I found through actual use ( aka: trial & error - mostly error) that a leather rig was more than likely to "creak" (make an unwanted noise) at just the wrong time, needlessly alerting game.
I've had that happen on several occasions, and even when CCW once and walking quickly, the noise was enough for a companion to ask what it was.

I suppose enough of the right oil could help, but I've always been leery of too many things that smell funny when deer hunting, and I don't know if mineral oil would be appropriate for leather softening.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Dave B
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Dave B »

I checked out the link. I like their "tanker" chest holster, pretty nice for a big guy.
It is the first chest holster that I've seen that might fit. :D

Dave B
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

I've got the Simply Rugged belt holster and it works just fine except I need construction grade suspenders on my pants to keep the pants up when I wear it. I can contact Ron whenever I want to and buy the harness system to convert the belt holster to a Chesty Puller. I do like that versatility.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
walks with gun
Levergunner 3.0

Post by walks with gun »

I used a tanker holster a bit years ago and am thinking of making one for my Vaqureo, In the danged cold weather up north here I think A holster like that keeps the gun protected from snow and rain, much easier to get at when wearing bulky clothing and more comfortable than any regular shoulder type holster. I,m thinking a dirt biker or snowmobilers dream.