teflon lubriccant

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
two bit okie
Levergunner 2.0

teflon lubriccant

Post by two bit okie »

While at lowes I saw a bottle of Dupont teflon silicone lubricant. Has anyone had any real experience with this stuff on guns?

yea or nay, but prefer first hand experience, not 2nd, 3d, of 4 hand please.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: teflon lubriccant

Post by AJMD429 »

I have some stuff that is in a little bottle that is a fine powder and it says "teflon" on it. Got it a long time ago and I think it was shipped with a high-cap magazine to use it in. Used it a couple times on the slide of a 1911 that was galling a bit (fired ok but felt rough manually cycling). It worked to relieve the galling, but since the gun worked ok anway, can't say it did anything fantastic otherwise. I don't mean it was bad, just figured I'd share the limited experience I had with it. Might try it again some other time. Thought about using it for padlocks kind of like graphite but still have huge thing of graphite lock lube.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
BigSky56
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BigSky56 »

it depends on the solvent that is the carrier for the Teflon, I use a Teflon (hoppes) that sprays on wet then dries immediately and leaves a dry film only lube that has worked when it gets 20 below for me. any carrier that stays wet/greasy is going to gum up when it gets cold. danny
junkbug
Levergunner 2.0

Post by junkbug »

I believe it can be used to lubricate cast bullets before sizing. Just like a normal cast bullet lube.
Stan in SC
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Stan in SC »

The "Remoil" which was marketed by Remington was supposed to contain Teflon.I don't know if it is still being sold.

Stan in SC
The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45-70,it's almost a religion
homefront
Levergunner 3.0

Post by homefront »

I use the Dupont product as a motorcycle chain lube, as it keeps most "fling" off my chrome rear rim. I HATE scrubbing chain oil off the back end of the bike.
I prefer oils and greases on my firearms as oils will creep and greases have body and contain boundary lubricants. Grease on sliding parts, oil on pivotng parts. The teflon has to be put right where you want it, then it drys in place. Perhaps it would do well in dusty conditions where cleaning would be infrequent. Like a motorcycle chain :shock: .