Complications with my back surgery

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
shooter
Senior Levergunner

Complications with my back surgery

Post by shooter »

After my post the other day, I developed tremendous pain in my leg to the point I could hardly get around with a walker. After a call in to the surgeon, he recommended an MRI to take a second look. After my MRI last night I was whisked away to emergency surgery to clean up an epidural hematoma that had developed on the site where they removed my herniated disk. I'm back home now and feeling 1000 times better than I was. I'm usually not one to complain or whine, but I knew something was wrong from how bad I hurt. I feel like a million bucks after the correction, and hopefully there won't be any more complications. Thanks for all your prayers.

With the revised procedure last night, I am now numb all in my butt and pelvic area, and all the way down my left leg, but they said once the inflammation in the nerves goes down, the numbness would subside. I'm just glad the pain is gone.
‎"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen" - Samuel Adams
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Complications with my back surgery

Post by pwl44m »

If Your intention was to give Us a scare - U succeded. JK I know You wouldn't do that, My first thought was a Blood Clot. Glad to hear Your feeling better. Now heal well and stick around.
Perry
Perry in Bangor----++++===Calif
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Glad ya got that fixed right and hope ya get better soon, prayin still.
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
Dave B
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Dave B »

I am glad you got help. Prayer sent for your recovery.

Dave B
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

If you need to heal nerves, ask your doctor(s) about L-Methyl-folate. Dunno if any data supports it for your situation, but I've seen it do wonders on neuropathic symptoms from other causes. Sold as MetanX, among other trade names.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

There you go... Doc's pushing Drugs again! :mrgreen: :lol: :wink:

All I get to push is Asprin, Benadryl & Epinephrine...
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
GonnePhishin
Senior Levergunner

Post by GonnePhishin »

Prayers offered up for a quick recovery............
"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." - Thomas Jefferson

"I know not what course other men may take, but as for me, Give me Liberty or Give me Death!" - Patrick Henry
RustyJr
Levergunner 3.0

Post by RustyJr »

I will definitely keep you in my prayers sir. Heal well.

RustyJr
Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes.
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Prayers up for your recovery. I'm happy both you and your doc were on top of things. Now, continue to follow instructions, and do your therapy.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Best of thoughts for a speedy recovery.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Pitchy wrote:Glad ya got that fixed right and hope ya get better soon, prayin still.
+ 1.
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Glad you feeling better, Mrs has a little sciatica just now!

Best wishes and a good recovery sir :)

Nath.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Glad you sought help. Hope your recovery goes quickly. Blessings
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Shooter, keep us in your loop, bro. I go in for X-rays next week to see how my double lumbar fusion is progressing ...
SteveR
Senior Levergunner

Post by SteveR »

Prayers for your recovery, sciatica really sucks!! Glad they got that fixed before permanent damage.

Steve
shooter
Senior Levergunner

Post by shooter »

Bill in Oregon wrote:Shooter, keep us in your loop, bro. I go in for X-rays next week to see how my double lumbar fusion is progressing ...
Good luck with that Bill. I'm so thankful I didn't have to have a fusion. I had a discectomy on my L4/L5 on Tuesday, and I think they did a partial laminectomy on Friday to relieve some of the nerve pressure after removing the blood clot. Hope you heal well too, friend. I was nervous about them working on my back, but all in all I think I'm glad to have it done. The numbness is making me a little worried, but hopefully that will go away.

Thanks so much for all y'alls support in this. I don't share much of my personal life, but it's good to know there are a bunch of decent folks out there like you guys that are supportive when I do.
‎"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen" - Samuel Adams
AkRay
Levergunner 2.0

Post by AkRay »

This serves to remind us that if you can't bend your knees and lift if off the ground using your legs, you should just leave it sitting right there on the ground. Of course we old(er) guys know that, but the young indestructible ones don't.
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

More Prayers Up Shooter for a complete Recovery.back pain is one of My real fears, my L5 goes out. Dr says I'm getting Old :o .
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

AJMD429 wrote:If you need to heal nerves, ask your doctor(s) about L-Methyl-folate. Dunno if any data supports it for your situation, but I've seen it do wonders on neuropathic symptoms from other causes. Sold as MetanX, among other trade names.
+1 on this. The Good Doctor is giving some good advice. Ask your Doctor about it.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

Hey Shooter, scary stuff indeed. And I would feel a bit scared from the numbness too but I think they are right and its from inflammation of the tissues. Give it some time and it will get better. -Tutt

P.S. I worked as a massage therapist in a chiro office for 10 years if that helps. Reinvented myself as a school psychologist years later. -T-
"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)
-Monte Walsh (Selleck version)

"These battered wings still kick up dust." -Peter Gabriel
shooter
Senior Levergunner

Post by shooter »

CowboyTutt wrote:Hey Shooter, scary stuff indeed. And I would feel a bit scared from the numbness too but I think they are right and its from inflammation of the tissues. Give it some time and it will get better. -Tutt

P.S. I worked as a massage therapist in a chiro office for 10 years if that helps. Reinvented myself as a school psychologist years later. -T-
I've got a great chiropractor. Unfortunately he couldn't fix me, the herniation was too big, but he's overseeing my rehab and therapy. He's got a great massage therapist that works for him. My grandmother is also a massage therapist, so I should be well taken care of in the coming months :wink:
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

Look into using ultra sound along the muscles ALONG SIDE your spine but NOT OVER IT. It will blast the swelling out of those tissues within 24 hours. Even better than massage. We did this sometimes in our office but it had to be done by the Doc himself and not a tech or massage therapist. -Tutt
"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)

Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Dang shooter - prayers up big time! My microdisectomy was at the L5/S1. I didn't have the complication you had, though I did push it too early and I still have almost daily pain. I think more of that is due to the car accident from this year though. Nothing like before the surgery though; still very glad I had it. I hope you are on the mend for good now!

Andy, good seeing you post! I need to find a good massage therapist now. I think it would help my neck a lot...
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

Its nice to be home Ysabel. I should have come back sooner but I haven't done anything with firearms is quite some time now. Just high performance Harley stuff. And those forums are not so kind although I seem to have upset people off there and in turn, made them into friends. Go figure! :lol:

But I think I like it here better and time to get back to reloading and re-learning everything I have forgotten the last two years. :cry:

-Tutt

Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

CowboyTutt wrote:Its nice to be home Ysabel. I should have come back sooner but I haven't done anything with firearms is quite some time now. Just high performance Harley stuff. And those forums are not so kind although I seem to have upset people off there and in turn, made them into friends. Go figure! :lol:

But I think I like it here better and time to get back to reloading and re-learning everything I have forgotten the last two years. :cry:

-Tutt
:D :D :D