Question about Brass Framed Rossi's

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
oneyeopn
Levergunner 1.0

Question about Brass Framed Rossi's

Post by oneyeopn »

I have a brass framed Rossi 92 with the Stainless Steel Octagonal Barrel. There is an ongoing question in some of the posts and we need someone with superior knowledge to answer this question! Thanks for you assistance.

" Are brass framed Rossi's real brass or just plated?"

Last edited by oneyeopn on Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
USMC
We are not in a post-cold war period, we are in an inter-war period!!
Rossi 92 in 45Colt
Hobie

Re: Question about Brass Framed Rossi's

Post by Hobie »

Nate says they are real brass (gun metal a form of bronze?), not plated.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
oneyeopn
Levergunner 1.0

Post by oneyeopn »

Hobie wrote:Nate says they are real brass (gun metal a form of bronze?), not plated.
Thats how I understood it, there is a gentleman on the forum that swears that they are plated and says it would be hard to convince him otherwise. I knew it want "brass" it is too hard and very slightly magnetic but a bronze alloy makes perfect sense to me. Thank You Hobie!!
USMC
We are not in a post-cold war period, we are in an inter-war period!!
Rossi 92 in 45Colt
rbertalotto
Senior Levergunner

Post by rbertalotto »

It is a much more modern alloy than gun metal. It contains a certain amount of carbon wh.ich makes it tougher than gunmetal. I've drilled holes completely through the tang and it is bronze all the way through. That fellow that says it is plated has no idea what he is talking about.
Roy B
Dartmouth, MA
www.rvbprecision.com