TX Man Does Real Good

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Blaine
Posting leader...

TX Man Does Real Good

Post by Blaine »

This will make you Texans proud as punch 8)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4g1n8cmwhIY
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
bdhold

Re: TX Man Does Real Good

Post by bdhold »

BlaineG wrote:This will make you Texans proud as punch
that would be redundant
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

bulldog1935 wrote:
BlaineG wrote:This will make you Texans proud as punch
that would be redundant
UhOh....here we go :P

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

Old fella just did what needed to be done.

No reason to make a fuss.

:wink: :mrgreen:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

FWiedner wrote:Old fella just did what needed to be done.

No reason to make a fuss.

:wink: :mrgreen:
The Seasoned Fellows are a sure thing....It's you soft youngin's that I wanted to show this to. Geeez, Fred, if your wife didn't starch your shorts, you couldn't sit up straight at your desk all day without slouching :o :wink:

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

I was really just trying to mimic the gentleman's casual attitude about the whole event.

It was like, "I shot him, I shot him again, and then I shot him three more times."

I would not have been surprised if he'd yawned or started pickin' his teeth while tellin' his tale.

He apparently did not think his outstanding citizenship was a big deal.

:lol:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

This along with the older fellow who used a .22 rifle a few days ago proves one old saying. Don't mess with an old guy, cuz he'll just kill you.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Plenty to be proud of. Some, not so much. Wonderin' why folks make a big deal about obeying the law... even when not asked.

Brown County Sheriff's Office
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
jkbrea
Senior Levergunner

Post by jkbrea »

"I'm fixin' to put one in 'em, if I can" What a classic line. :lol:
Here in California, that doesn't happen. A deputy here located and confronted a man at a park that was following and trying to pick up a little girl. The deputy ended up in a fight with the suspect and pleaded with bystanders to help him because the fight was now for his weapon. Not one person came to his aid. He ended up having to shoot and kill his attacker. When interviewing the "bystanders", some said the cop was just harrassing the guy. This park is in a very gang infested area which accounts for the lack of response.
I can't wait to retire and get the heck out of this miserable state.

We need more gentlemen like this guy from Texas.
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

Good for him!! :wink:
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

FWiedner wrote:I was really just trying to mimic the gentleman's casual attitude about the whole event.

It was like, "I shot him, I shot him again, and then I shot him three more times."

I would not have been surprised if he'd yawned or started pickin' his teeth while tellin' his tale.

He apparently did not think his outstanding citizenship was a big deal.

:lol:
He was super laid back. He even kept calm when they put him on his face with the cuffs on....He knew they'd get it sorted out in good time. Something some of us ( I mean "Me Too" :oops: ) should remember: Sometimes the LEOs don't know the whole story compared to someone who watched it go down. You can't talk yourself out of trouble, but, you sure can talk yourself into trouble :idea:

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Post by Malamute »

It's a great story, wish there were more like it to go around.

It was discussed in detail on THR. It looks like it was more likely 165 feet rather than yards (someone pulled up a google earth map of the place, there isnt 165 yards in the place end to end, and another had heard from the sheriff that it was "about 50 yards"), but it was still very good shooting, and the right thing to do.

There was another incident in Tx a couple years ago where a man was wrestling with an officer (he had already shot him once), the officer was calling for help, and a bystander got involved and shot the guy several times to end it.

Sad when people will just stand by and watch something like that happen and do nothing.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Isnt it amazing how many people post without reading the thread?
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I think that the citizens who wouldn't get involved are part of the reason that some LEOs have the us-against-them mentality.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

jkbrea wrote:"I'm fixin' to put one in 'em, if I can" What a classic line. :lol:
Here in California, that doesn't happen. A deputy here located and confronted a man at a park that was following and trying to pick up a little girl. The deputy ended up in a fight with the suspect and pleaded with bystanders to help him because the fight was now for his weapon. Not one person came to his aid. He ended up having to shoot and kill his attacker. When interviewing the "bystanders", some said the cop was just harrassing the guy. This park is in a very gang infested area which accounts for the lack of response.

I believe had that happened in So. CA the swat team would have been called out and put 127 rounds into the feller, not the perp. I retired on December 1st, escaped L.A. on the 2nd, and was in my new home on the 3rd! (in 4 years I haven't heard/seen a Sheriff's helicopter hover over my neighborhood!!)
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
Charles
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Charles »

Old guys know they can't run, jump, roll and fight anymore, so they just stand there and shoot to kill. When you are too old to fight and get into a serious conflict, you options are much fewer as to what you can do.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

mikld wrote:
jkbrea wrote:"I'm fixin' to put one in 'em, if I can" What a classic line. :lol:

I believe had that happened in So. CA the swat team would have been called out and put 127 rounds into the feller, not the perp. I retired on December 1st, escaped L.A. on the 2nd, and was in my new home on the 3rd! (in 4 years I haven't heard/seen a Sheriff's helicopter hover over my neighborhood!!)
Around Medford, or so?

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
O.S.O.K.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by O.S.O.K. »

That was classic. The ol boy wasn't keen on getting involved but figured he had to in order to save the policeman's life. Can't fault him one bit.

I wonder what he was shooting? What kind of gun? Levergun, handgun? Anybody know?
NRA Endowment Life
Phi Kappa Sigma, Alpha Phi 83 "Skulls"
OCS, 120th MP Battalion, MSSG
MOLON LABE!
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

While the incident you mentioned did occur. There have been many more, the most famous being the Newhall shootout in 1970, where citizens have stepped in. As you mentioned, the park is "gang infested". And, it was in an urban area. If something like this occurred in the rural areas of this state, the response would likely have been similar.

California has problems, no doubt, but there are still far more good people than bad here.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

jeepnik wrote:There have been many more, the most famous being the Newhall shootout in 1970, where citizens have stepped in. As you mentioned, the park is "gang infested". And, it was in an urban area. If something like this occurred in the rural areas of this state, the response would likely have been similar.
A sheriff deputy once told me that in her rural Indiana county some gang tried to move in, and of the first dozen contacts citizens had with obvious gang-bangers, all but one resulted in one or more muzzles pointed at the g.b.'s, often from the kinds of guns which usually 'shock' journalists :o and 'scare' urban police-chiefs :? (and make rural sheriff-deputies jealous their budget won't allow them :wink: ). She said that was a number of years ago and they've not had any further problems from that gang trying to move in to the area... 8)
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
shooter
Senior Levergunner

Post by shooter »

He hit this bad guy 5 out of 5 times at around 50 yards, and the NYPD hits 9 innocent bystanders instead of their intended target. This guy seems like a class act, and we need more like him. Seems like some police departments need more like him, too. Maybe he can be a firearms instructor for the NYPD.
‎"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen" - Samuel Adams
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Post by Malamute »

O.S.O.K. wrote:That was classic. The ol boy wasn't keen on getting involved but figured he had to in order to save the policeman's life. Can't fault him one bit.

I wonder what he was shooting? What kind of gun? Levergun, handgun? Anybody know?
The information I've seen indicates he had a 357 magnum revolver, some accounts say a 5" barrel, which, if accurate, would indicate a Smith model 27. Bad guy murdered the people with a pistol then got a 30-30 rifle to try to ambush the cop, and shot back at our citizen with it until he (citizen) hit him a couple times and got him down. The cop had an AR, but wasnt able to get a clean shot, he was pinned down behind the car. The guy that got involved distracted the bad guy enough, that between he and the cop, they got the guy. I haven't heard who fired the fatal shot, or if the cop was able to make any effective shots. The guy was hiding behind a tree from the cop, our guy had a flanking shot at him, so he didnt have cover from him. As I heard it the first shot he fired hit the tree right next to the guy, all the rest of his shots connected. Bad guy fired at least one shot tat the citizen, but missed, throwing gravel or dirt on him I believe, but he persevered, and prevailed. I believe the proper term is, "stand and delivered" as one focussed on the problem should.

Here was the discussion on THR. It's in archive form now, so the links have to be copied and pasted. They're worth looking at, as is the photobucket pic that shows the trailer park satellite picture. One link is the same one posted here, two others were the sheriff at the scene, and a press conference later.

http://www.thehighroad.org/archive/inde ... 5d852532de&
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Isnt it amazing how many people post without reading the thread?
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

If the bad guy had killed the cop, wonder if the guy being interviewed would be out of jail yet, with no witness to prove he was not a bad guy himself. :?
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

shooter wrote:He hit this bad guy 5 out of 5 times at around 50 yards, and the NYPD hits 9 innocent bystanders instead of their intended target. This guy seems like a class act, and we need more like him. Seems like some police departments need more like him, too. Maybe he can be a firearms instructor for the NYPD.
Truth is he is an old guy.. And it's harder to rattle an old guy, they just take things in stride and do what needs doing.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

AJMD429 wrote:If the bad guy had killed the cop, wonder if the guy being interviewed would be out of jail yet, with no witness to prove he was not a bad guy himself. :?
Nah....It would have been easy to figger out who was shooting at who...

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV