OT Legalities shipping brass/ammo

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Jeff Pitts
Levergunner 1.0

OT Legalities shipping brass/ammo

Post by Jeff Pitts »

Fellers, is it legal to ship PRIMED brass from one person to another? How about loaded brass? Can that be shipped from person to person?

Thanks!

Jeff
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Yes, via UPS or FEDEX, not USPS. Unprimed brass can be shipped USPS. No explosives via USPS. :wink:
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Jeff Pitts
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Jeff Pitts »

Thanks Hobie. That works!

Jeff
Leverluver
Senior Levergunner

Post by Leverluver »

Referring to ammo here, best not make a trip to your local FedEx/Kinkos or UPS Store. They are not operated by employees of the company and 99% of the time will not accept the shipment of ammo. You will need to go to the UPS or FedEx owned and operated facility in your area. Either that or ship from a local dealer. A lot of FFL related stores in this area anyway, also ship by one or the other and will also take outside shipments. In any case, packages are to be boldly and legibly marked with an ORM-D sticker that denotes that the package contains small arms ammunition. I no longer depend on the shipping facility to have the stickers. I made some up in a word processer program and made them bold and blew them up to one inch tall. Just stick them on with tape and you're good to go. There is no extra charge for the ORM-D and don't let them say there is.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

And if you know somebody with an account they can write up a shipment for you and have it go out with the day's pickup, no limit on that.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Hobie, my sad tale,sometime ago I was trying to send some 32-20 bullets to Kirk and I could not get ups to ship them because they said lead was a banned substance and could not be shipped. I had first tried to mail them and the Postal folks went "Postal" on me.I told the they were just lead bullets.I think it was because of mailing out of the country and trying to e honest about it.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15