New Movie

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Chas.
Levergunner 3.0

New Movie

Post by Chas. »

Just saw an ad on TV for "Red Dawn". This is a remake of the 1984 movie. In theaters near you Nov. 21. I guess I won't know if it's any good until someone, or me, sees it and reports back, but I'm looking forward to it.
Griff
Posting leader...

Re: New Movie

Post by Griff »

Not very realistic... the invaders will be speaking Farsi or Chinese whem they come! :twisted: :twisted:
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Chas.
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Chas. »

Maybe Spanish?
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

What's the premise? The cartels in Mexico get the bomb and invade?? :?

I liked the original, but back in those days we were actually in a cold war with a true Evil Empire. Now we're pretty much at war with ourselves so I'm not sure I'll be amused.

Oly
Cheers,
Oly

I hope and pray someday the world will learn
That fires we don't put out will bigger burn

Johnny Wright
Panzercat
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Panzercat »

I think the new premise is EMP weps inflicted on the continental United States and somebody invades.
...Proud owner of the 11.43×23mm automatic using depleted Thorium rounds.
pneuby
Levergunner 1.0

Post by pneuby »

Originally, the enemy in the film WERE the Chinese. Producers backed off, and it's been undergoing re-filming and editing for like THREE YEARS to show the enemy as North Korea. :?
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

pneuby wrote:Originally, the enemy in the film WERE the Chinese. Producers backed off, and it's been undergoing re-filming and editing for like THREE YEARS to show the enemy as North Korea. :?

Hmmm, North Korea invades the United States, sounds plausible.

Last time the invaders DID speak Spanish, they were Cubans allied to the Russians.

If you remember also, they made good use of the form that shows who has guns, they went straight for the sporting goods stores.
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
DixieBoy
Senior Levergunner

Post by DixieBoy »

The original was great. The critics hated it, which made it that much more enjoyable for me.

And you're right ... they went straight for the ATF forms to find out who might be able to offer them serious resistance. Just like the Germans did in western Europe when the invaded and occupied the Low Countries and France. Stephen Halbrook wrote a great article about this years back for the NRA's American Rifleman.

I'll be waiting to see if they butchered the story with PC nonsense or not.

John Milius sure didn't play those games with the original. - DixieBoy
When the People Fear Their Government There is Tyranny; When the Government Fears the People There is Liberty.
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

I'll be waiting to see if they butchered the story with PC nonsense or not.
I've got several war movies from the '70's, and they frequently put in some anti-war message, or it's a thread throughout the whole movie. One that makes me cringe is in the movie "Waterloo"; at the height of the battle, when the French cavalry charged and almost broke the British, one Brit loses it and runs around screaming, "Do we have to kill each other? Why do we have to kill each other?"

Of course he's the only one born in the 1960's so the rest of the movie is great.
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."