Wanenmacher Gun Show

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Wanenmacher Gun Show

Post by M. M. Wright »

If anyone here is planning on going to the largest gun show in the world, come by and see me. I'll be at 14 LC 1 & 18. That's on the lower level. Show is Nov 10 & 11.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Wanenmacher Gun Show

Post by pwl44m »

You don't know how much I would just love to take off and drive over there but alas I can't. Gun Show in Sacramento though, My Brother and I are planning on going.
I am setting up at a Show in Yuba City the weekend after Thanksgiving. Not sure it is a good idea to be selling though. I saw a Guy loading up on Ammo at Wally World yesterday.
Perry
Perry in Bangor----++++===Calif
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Going to be a lot of "fear " purchasing.
Thunder50
Senior Levergunner

Post by Thunder50 »

Not this show, but hopefully the Spring show.
The meek shall inherit the earth, but I reserve the mineral rights!
All the knowledge in the world, is of no use to fools! (Eagles-long road out of Eden)
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

M. M. Wright wrote:If anyone here is planning on going to the largest gun show in the world, come by and see me. I'll be at 14 LC 1 & 18. That's on the lower level. Show is Nov 10 & 11.
I've been thinking about it, but then I always get caught up in other obligations (volunteered to help teach 4H shooting sports this weekend. No good deed goes unpunished, right?)

Is that show still heavily loaded with older style guns like it used to be, or is everything gone black and synthetic?
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
Lastmohecken
Senior Levergunner

Post by Lastmohecken »

I am going tomorrow, unless it's changed from last year, yes there will be a lot of black guns, but also many many tables of older sort of collector guns, etc. Lots of old Winchesters, Colts, etc on the lower floor, with a couple of corners of black guns of every stripe, and the upper floor being a mixture of everything from junk to almost anything you can think of.

One thing that is often pretty rare is used Browning BLR's, as I always keep an eye out for them, and sometimes only see 2 or 3 in the whole show.

The upper floor will also have a lot of old shotguns, expensive side by sides, another weakness of mine.

I am sitting here trying to decide if I want to take anything to trade. I am thinking about taking a mid twenties saddle ring carbine, Winchester, that I bought a few months ago, since I can see the carbine elevator sight very well on this gun, so I don't shoot it very well, but it's all original, and I hate to change it, plus it would devalue it to change it from original, so maybe it's better to let someone else enjoy it.
NRA Life Member, Patron
Tom Richardson
Shootist

Post by Tom Richardson »

John Purcell made the trip from GreenCounty, Arkansas to Clarksville, Arkansas, (one that I made 48 years ago) Together we then journeyed to Tulsa, Oklahoma to visit with M M Wright.
We found him to be well fed and relatively alert in his retiring years.
A good visit was had by all.
Lastmohecken
Senior Levergunner

Post by Lastmohecken »

I would have liked to have met with Mr. MM Wright, but failed to write down his location, Probably walked right by him, or may have even talked to him if he was sitting at a table with a lot of old Winchesters.

I took my 1926 saddle ring carbine model 94, and after getting several offers for $650 to $700, I finally sold it for $750. I thought it was a pretty nice looking old gun, much better looking then many others I saw, but mine had been cleaned up some and I guess that devalues it, some.

I then found, a pretty nice old Winchester 94 with a 26" round barrel and full length magazine in 30/30, made in 1897, so I bought it, being a pre-1898 gun, makes it an antique, even though it fires the modern 30/30 caliber :D :D :D So, now I have a gun that is unregulated at this time, and might be still yet, if stricter gun laws come into effect, maybe not, but I feel better now that I have it. I hope it shoots good, I don't think it's been shot very much, judging by the action.

The thing holds 10 rounds including one in the chamber. 10 rounds of 30/30 makes a pretty good assault rifle for an antique :lol: . I loaded it up full and jacked all of the rounds through it, with nary a problem so it looks like it's going to be reliable.

Maybe I will post a picture later, the light is terrible to try to take one now.
NRA Life Member, Patron
Lastmohecken
Senior Levergunner

Post by Lastmohecken »

Lets try this again.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NRA Life Member, Patron