Philippines 2013

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Philippines 2013

Post by 6pt-sika »

I'm going to get airplane tickets monday for a 3 week trip to the Philippines !

Hope to leave February 3rd and return February 24th !

This will be my first time back since almost two years ago .

And now that my finacee's annulment is finished and we got her thru her recent suregery without a hitch we'll go about getting the marriage taken care of !

I'll arrive Manila monday night and I have an appointment at the US Embassey in Manila tuesday morning for me to get a paper saying I'm no longer attached to any wife type creature and am free to marry again . Then on wednesday we'll take my divorce decree's , the affadavit from the embassey and her annulment papers to the local person that takes care of this in Cagayan de Oro City and get our marriage license . Then we have to wait ten days and then get married !

We've been working to get to this point for almost 4 years !

Come on 2013 I'm ready to go NOW :wink:
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Philippines 2013

Post by 6pt-sika »

It's looking like I'm gonna do a deal like I did in 2010 and fly from Dullus to Seoul and Seoul to Manila !

If however the prices jump again the backup plan will be to go from Dullus to Dubia and then Dubia to Manila !
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

6pt-sika wrote:It's looking like I'm gonna do a deal like I did in 2010 and fly from Dullus to Seoul and Seoul to Manila !
If however the prices jump again the backup plan will be to go from Dullus to Dubia and then Dubia to Manila !
Well... come back the way you didn't go, and call it a 'round the world trip! I've only been halfway and back! But, I made it back!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

:D
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Griff wrote:
6pt-sika wrote:It's looking like I'm gonna do a deal like I did in 2010 and fly from Dullus to Seoul and Seoul to Manila !
Well... come back the way you didn't go, and call it a 'round the world trip! I've only been halfway and back! But, I made it back!
I "assume" Dubai is an okay place for a outspoken American to go . But I know the folks in Korea don't get overly offended by us nor do the folks in Japan seem overly put off by Americans . I think I like the idea of being there rather in the middle east , be it only for a couple hours at most !

Plus the flights going thru Seoul are a few hours quicker !

On the way over I like to get there as quick as possible without ANY delays . On the way back I'm a little more easy about loosing time .
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

But as you can notice all my chosen flights have one MAJOR thing in common !

I don't have to go thru F'ing Kalifornia !

Two years of dealing with LAX and SF turned me off to air travel thru that state .
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jdad »

The last time we went through LAX we had to take 2 shuttles across the tarmac, transfer at another concourse, then finally get to our connecting gate.......and it only took 40 minutes. :roll: I do so hate LAX.
I know a whole lot about very little and nothing about a whole lot.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

jdad wrote:The last time we went through LAX we had to take 2 shuttles across the tarmac, transfer at another concourse, then finally get to our connecting gate.......and it only took 40 minutes. :roll: I do so hate LAX.

I don't care for LAX as well !

However I was returning from the Philippines in 2009 and making my connection at SF with little time to spare to get to the United ticket counter to get my boarding pass !

I get to the customs people ahead of everyone else and those jerks are sitting around doing nothing so the supervisor tells one of them to check my stuff and I finally got to the boarding gate as they were calling final boarding for the plane back to Dullus .

I said some things to that customs guy that he didn't wanna care to hear after he had been going thru my junk for about 15 minutes .

I realize these so called people have a job to do , but for F sake I come no where near fitting the terrorist profile :x
wecsoger
Senior Levergunner

Post by wecsoger »

Agreed. LAX sucks. Flown their domestically and on international flights. All equally dismal

Then we have to wait ten days and

Wait, what? It's not like you're buying a gun or anything...just sayin'.

Best of luck. I have talked to a couple people who have retired and married there. All had good things to say.
RustyJr
Levergunner 3.0

Post by RustyJr »

6pt, will she be coming back with you once ya'll are married or will she have to stay over there a little while longer?

RustyJr
Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

RustyJr wrote:6pt, will she be coming back with you once ya'll are married or will she have to stay over there a little while longer?

RustyJr
No I am sorry to say she won't I can't bring her back here until I can show them a rather flush bank account or a W2 form and since I've not had a job in the normal sense since July of 2008 I am lacking in the W2 department . And somehow the US Government doesn't wanna believe I can support myself and another off gun resale :roll:
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

wecsoger wrote:Agreed. LAX sucks. Flown their domestically and on international flights. All equally dismal

Then we have to wait ten days and

Wait, what? It's not like you're buying a gun or anything...just sayin'.

Best of luck. I have talked to a couple people who have retired and married there. All had good things to say.
Our armed forces had a hand in the reason for the wait we're enduring !

People from what are termed third world countries used to marry US servicemen as a means to come to this country and would pay said servicemen to do this , then once they were here they would part company . This has caused the screening process to be somewhat harder and take a good while longer . I undertsnad the whole reasoning behind this , so I can't get angry about it . Still it doesn't make my present situation any easier or quicker !
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

It don't pay to get old. So I look up Philippians 20:13, and WAIT A MINUTE .. there's only 4 chapters in Philippians.

Oh. Philippines.

:oops:

Heh.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Congratulations!

May you have a long and happy life together.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Rusty wrote:Congratulations!

May you have a long and happy life together.

Thank you sir !

Once she gets here we may venture down to your state as she has a filipina friend in Miami !

If so perhaps we can meet you for lunch somewhere .
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Well I have all my tickets purchased etc !

Gonna fly outta Dullus Feb 3rd to Dubia and then on to Manila arriving the night of Feb 4th !

My fiancee will fly to Manila on the 4th and meet me there . We'll stay overnight in Manila and visit the US Embassey at 8:30 AM for my affadavit and then we'll fly to Cagayen de Oro together the afternoon of the 5th !

I'll return to Manila on the way home on sunday February 24th at 1PM and then fly from Manila to Dubai at 5:35 PM and then from Dubai back to Dullua hopefully arriving at Dullus at 8 AM monday morning !

Never had any intention of going thru the middle east , but looks like it's gonna happen now !
moodyholler
Levergunner 2.0

Post by moodyholler »

Well, Craig, the ladies here are ecstatic!!!! They are ready to have you a party. Enjoy your trip and Best of Wishes for a Happy Union. moodyholler
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

moodyholler wrote:Well, Craig, the ladies here are ecstatic!!!! They are ready to have you a party. Enjoy your trip and Best of Wishes for a Happy Union. moodyholler

Thanks James !
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Well 32 more days until take off at Dullus !

I will be going thru Dubai which kinda bothers me a bit being middle east and all .

Anyway I go on another Brit forum called http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.uk/forum.php . And a good many of the blokes there fly into out of and thru Dubai regularly . And they tell me all's well "at the moment" for Americans there . So that makes me feel some better .
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Hope the snow holds out thru about February 4th or 5th like it has so far this winter season !
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Hang in there on the paperwork. I'm one of those GIs that married overseas (a Korean) and it only took her 9 years to dump me and the two kids. That's why you're having the problems. :wink: Seriously now, there was a lot of that but the recent crackdown is really about eastern Europeans. As to the income, I would think a tax return would support your ability to support her, it used to, once upon a time (lo those nearly 40 years ago).
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Hobie wrote: As to the income, I would think a tax return would support your ability to support her, it used to, once upon a time (lo those nearly 40 years ago).

Gotta have an "actual" job to get a W2 and a tax return :(

Working for myself outta someones shop doesn't exactly provide that .
pneuby
Levergunner 1.0

Post by pneuby »

Yeah, whether you have a job, or investments, you have to show the ability to provide support. Tax returns are a must. If you're not filing...then you're not petitioning anyone. :?