re-barrel

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
two bit okie
Levergunner 2.0

re-barrel

Post by two bit okie »

Does anyone have any idea as to the price of a rebarrel of a barrel blank provided by the user (my son). not a match rifle.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: re-barrel

Post by AJMD429 »

I think you may need to provide more information...

If you're rebarreling a barrel blank, do you mean the barrel blank is rifled but not chambered, or is it a chambered one you just want fitted to a particular gun (or is it already made for that gun).

Not trying to nitpick, and I don't know the answer(s) to any of the above anyway, but those who do, might want more details.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

A barrel blank is usually unthreaded and unchambered. A local fellow offered to do one, professional courtesy, for our gun repairer. $150.00. Polish and blue not included. That is considered CHEAP around here.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

What kind of rifle is it going on?
Contour needed? dovetails cut?
Lots of variables to think about and all of them cost money.
Could be less expensive to buy the completed rifle you want.
:wink:
two bit okie
Levergunner 2.0

Post by two bit okie »

My son wants a 26 or 28 inch on a rossi rio grande 45-70, in polace of the 20". And it need the dovetails cut. no taper.
Charles
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Charles »

In my part of the world, fitting a pre-chambered, threaded and contoured barrel runs about $150.00. If the barrel needs to chambered, threaded, and contoured, the price will be at least double. There is quite a bit of machine work involved.