Do you rember when you 1st reloaded?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Do you rember when you 1st reloaded?

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Back Sept'72 and "old" gunsmith/machinist told what to do as i went thru the motions. I loaded 38 pieces of Federal 30/30 brass with 4grs of Red Dot and a Lee 113grFP. Sure knocked the gray squirrels out of the treetops real quick. Still havent recreated this load since I got my chrono. Of course everyone laughed and shook their heads when I told'em i made squill loads for my 30/30.
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
WinM71
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Do you rember when you 1st reloaded?

Post by WinM71 »

Trained by my dad when I was 14 years old back in the '60s. My first were .30-30s too. Big red Lyman turret press & the Lyman powder measure with the little hammer-thing that you pulled away & let go to give the measure's throat a good tap. Jacketed bullets were 4 to 5 cents each (expensive, to a kid back then).
My mind reader refuses to charge me..........

Now listen boy, I'm tryin' to teach you somethin'. That ain't an optical illusion, it only LOOKS LIKE an optical illusion.
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

We just moved in to a new ranch the week before Christmas. The former owner's tack room will be my reloading shop and that's the first time I'll reload proper beyond using a Lee Loader. Looking forward to it!!

Oly
Cheers,
Oly

I hope and pray someday the world will learn
That fires we don't put out will bigger burn

Johnny Wright
44-40 Willy
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 44-40 Willy »

About 1970 and it was for my uncle's 264 Mag that I was using to shoot crows at long range. Still the only belted magnum that I've reloaded for.
44-40 Winchester. Whacking varmits and putting meat on the table since 1873.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I had graduated HS, and after getting a car, I went out to learn to shoot skeet. I had a 16ga Stevens SxS, no doubt bored Full/Mod. After the Boys at the range learned me a thing or two, I was actually shooting about 20 or better with that ill-suited shotty, and I got a Lee Loader for 16ga to be able to afford to shoot more often. I don't know how many reloads I got out of 100 hulls, but, they got to the place where I was holding the shot in the hull with scotch tape....they old boys always were laughing there azz off at me... :)
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

I started in 67 or 68 using the original Lee Loader for 30-30 and 303 Brit. I was 15 or 16 years old.
I think one of my first loads was a scoop full of IMR 3031 behind the old Speer 100gr Plinker bullet.

No clue what the velocity was but it sure was hauling the freight as it left the barrel.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

Must have been about 1984. Started out with a Lee Loadall, making 12 ga loads. My first attempts were not good. I recall some of my shotshells spitting the payload out just enough to exit the barrel! :?
NRA Life Member
Alphawolf45
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Alphawolf45 »

I started reloading about a year ago.I'm 57 so it was about time dontcha think? Anyway,I've reloaded and fired a few thousand rounds, had fun, havent hurt myself..Still know virtually nothing about it considering how much there is to know..Expensive ...addictive.a hobby all its own.
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jdad »

It was about 9 years ago when I first started and really didn't know what I was doing. I started with some 44 mag cases. I had made it through sizing the cases and was adjusting the mouth expander die, but.......... I made it through about 6 cases before I realized the expander was only supposed to slightly bell the mouth, not go 2/3 into the case. :D :D :D :D
I know a whole lot about very little and nothing about a whole lot.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

jdad wrote:It was about 9 years ago when I first started and really didn't know what I was doing. I started with some 44 mag cases. I had made it through sizing the cases and was adjusting the mouth expander die, but.......... I made it through about 6 cases before I realized the expander was only supposed to slightly bell the mouth, not go 2/3 into the case. :D :D :D :D
jdad, not picking at you one little bit, but, this is a learning opportunity for "New ReLoaders".....Letting the bullet seat/or slip real deep can raise pressure exponentially, and cause a dangerous situation. (sorry to step on this thread :oops: ) Back to our regularly scheduled programing :)
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Ji in Hawaii
Senior Levergunner

Post by Ji in Hawaii »

Back in the mid '60s helping Dad reload 45/70 for his two Trapdoor Springfields using a Lyman 310 tong tool. Used to cast bullets too with a 400 grain plain base Lyman mold. I remember the powder was IMR-4198. Good memories, still miss my Dad. :cry:
Illegitimus Non Carborundum
Akā, ʻo ka poʻe hilinaʻi aku iā Iēhova, e ulu hou nō ko lākou ikaika;
E piʻi ʻēheu aku nō lākou i luna, e like me nā ʻaito;
E holo nō lākou, ʻaʻole hoʻi e māloʻeloʻe,
E hele mua nō lākou, ʻaʻole hoʻi e maʻule.
`Isaia 40:31
Ben_Rumson
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ben_Rumson »

Lee Loader 38 Spl in the barracks at Ft. Hood TX 1969 for my long barreled Colts Detective Special I bought in a Killeen Hock Shop...
"IT IS MY OPINION, AND I AM CORRECT SO DON'T ARGUE, THE 99 SAVAGE IS THE FINEST RIFLE EVER MADE IN AMERICA."
WIL TERRY
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

Mine was also fairly recent, about 6 years ago. I was loading .357 magnum, a reduced load for silhouette. I remember I had trouble crushing cases, I had the die threaded too far in and when the case met the die, it was still possible to push farther with the hand press and crush the case. Figured that one out and a couple more things not in the manual.

I remember I was very excited to be doing it and couldn't sleep, so I got up and did it at 4 in the morning.
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jdad »

BlaineG wrote:
jdad wrote:It was about 9 years ago when I first started and really didn't know what I was doing. I started with some 44 mag cases. I had made it through sizing the cases and was adjusting the mouth expander die, but.......... I made it through about 6 cases before I realized the expander was only supposed to slightly bell the mouth, not go 2/3 into the case. :D :D :D :D
jdad, not picking at you one little bit, but, this is a learning opportunity for "New ReLoaders".....Letting the bullet seat/or slip real deep can raise pressure exponentially, and cause a dangerous situation. (sorry to step on this thread :oops: ) Back to our regularly scheduled programing :)

I should have added that when I tested to see if the cases were"belled" enough :lol: I saw it disappear and threw those cases out. I did correct the error before charging and seating any bullets. Dumping those 6 cases was a less expensive of a mistake than trying to use them.
I know a whole lot about very little and nothing about a whole lot.
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

I started with 20 ga and a Mec jr at 16. Then moved to a rock chocker for 44, 7mm tcu and 45 acp. Was 18 then.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

My Uncle John started showing me how to reload 44 Mag. about 1982. He had a Flat Top 44 Mag. and later I got a Super Blackhawk about two years later. Had a ton of fun shooting the Speer 240 SWC's over a light charge of Unique. I wish there had been some commercial cast bullets back then of the correct diameter(larger than .430). The non caster had to suffer with mediocre accuracy with "oversized" bores, but accuracy was good enough to have a blast. Today, life is good.
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
damienph
Senior Levergunner

Post by damienph »

I started when I got out of the Army in 1976. Newly married, going to college on GI Bill, a good friend set me up with an old Texan C press, an original set of red (instead of newer yellow) Lee powder measures (dippers), an Ohaus powder scale, and lent me his dies until I could buy my own. First rifle cartridge for me was 30-30, first handgun was either 44 Mag or 38 Special, probably 44 since the old Contender was pretty expensive to feed.

I still have the Texan press and the red dippers (in the box), returned the borrowed scale when I could afford my own. I currently have four presses mounted on my bench, and 30+ die sets, and load for approx 28 cartridges. (I would have to write them down and count)

My son and nephew are both relaoders as well.
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

I clearly remember the urgent need of a bullet puller...

:lol:

Still using my first (Old Model) Lee Challenger that I think I bought 20 or 30 years ago, but just started using about 2 years ago.

Looks brand new. :wink:

:mrgreen:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
BobM
Levergunner 2.0

Post by BobM »

I used a Lee Loader to load 38 Spl. level loads in 357 cases for my 6" Security Six back in 86/87 or so in my off campus apartment.
Lastmohecken
Senior Levergunner

Post by Lastmohecken »

I remember I come into a deal for a home made wooden cabinet, with a RCBS Junior Press, scales, dies, powder measure, and misc other items needed to reload 30/30 ammo. Basically it was everything I needed to load the 30/30. That was back in around 1983 or so. That cabinet served as a reloading bench and storage for my handguns, and all of my reloading stuff, for several years. I even added a Dillon 350 progressive press to it a few years later. That cabinet served me until around 1992, for all of my reloading needs, which amounted to 1000's of rounds of pistol ammo mostly for competition.

In 1992, I finished a house I was building complete with a reloading room and ended up giving the old reloading cabinet to my brother in law, and I believe he still uses it for all of his reloading needs. He loads for several calibers.

I still use the old RCBS Junior, and the old "Dillon for all of reloading, although I have been thinking about getting a heavier duty press with more leverage, for wildcat resizing, etc.
NRA Life Member, Patron
jdt
Levergunner

Post by jdt »

Started as a newly wed.
Before we got married, I went to meet the future Mrs' family. She has 5 brothers and all are shooters. I woke up on Thanksgiving morning to the sound of gunfire. I went out to check things out and saw at least 20 guns from TC contenders to AR 15s. Needless to say I proposed shortly after that!

Besides convincing me to marry my wife, that experience introduced me to the TC contender. I immediately scraped the money together and bought one (in 45 Colt). The guy at the shop threw in a Lee Loader. It would take me most of the night to load 25 rounds (and a few unintended primer discharges to boot). Luckily no one got hurt.

I should add that I was a dirt poor intern at the time, working 80+ hours a week with almost no personal time. I attribute reloading to helping me maintain my sanity. I now have a Lee turret loader which is still slow but SO much better. These days I can afford to buy most of my ammo, but I always reload my 45 colt. It's just therapeutic.

The experience also started a love affair with the 45 Colt round. Besides the TC, I have a Blackhawk, a Bond arms Derringer, and most recently, a '94 AE Trapper (which I shot for the first time yesterday!).
336A
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 336A »

Growing up my younger brother and I used to go out and raise holy heck on the local gray squirrle population with our shotguns when ever we could. Dad got tired after while keeping us squirrel slayers stocked up on ammo :lol: I was about 15 or 16 when I got a 12 GA Lee Load All II and my brother got the same only in 20GA for Christmas. We also got 1,000 CCI primers, a bag of wads each, and a 25 pound bag of #7 1/2 Shot. We never did work our way through that bag of shot, nor did I make it through all those windjammer wads. I think I still might have some of those CCI primers left over.

Now if I can only find some 209 primers :roll: I'll be making some new memories on my new Lee Load All II 12GA loader.
ollogger
Advanced Levergunner

Post by ollogger »

Started in the late 70s with a Lee hammer tool & my trusty 300 savage, then a 303 savage
Then a 308 in a 99 savage, then sometime in the 80s it went crazy & it hasnt let up

ollogger
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

8/29/89
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

My introduction to reloading was with my dad in the middle fifty`s ( 54-55 ).
Watching(I helped by staying out of his way) him load .244`s for Fox hunting on the kitchen table using a Lyman `Nut Cracker` tong tool.

Later, (mid 60`s) I got my first .30-30 and the dies and an RCBS Jr. press and the rest is history as they say.
I add more tools and calibers every year.
My RCBS .270 Win. die set has a $17.00 price tag on it and still looks like new.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

I purchased my first press, a Lee turret press, about 1982. Bought it so I could afford to shoot the .44 Magnum. My younger brother paid for half of it, and a set of 9mm dies, if I would agree to load for him. He bought those components and I happily agreed! :D

Back then I was in my last year of high school/first year of college, and making minimum wage or just over it working part time. Say $3.10/hour (IIRC). .44 Mag rounds were about $0.50/pop, so a cylinder full was an hour's work! Not hard to see how reloading was beneficial!!!
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Early 1972, my B-I-L got me a LeeLoader set for .30-30 in my 336.. Which I promptly traded off for a Ruger .357 3-screw BH. Both of which I wished I still had. Probably never loaded more than 50 rounds with the Lee set. Just before bein' deployed in Apr that year I bought a RCBS Jr.II and dies for .357 & .30-30. Been adding to the tool inventory ever since.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
1894c

Post by 1894c »

started my relaoding career in 1985 with a Lee Loader in .38spl, loaded 50 rounds with Green Dot and 158gr. semi-wadcutters...haven't used green dot since...just up-graded to a Lee Turret Press in November... :)
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

Probably about 1957 or 60ish. I bought a Lee Loader for probably about $1.98. Didn't have a plastic hammer so I used the heel of a shoe for a hammer. Loaded several 12 gauge shells with that setup. I can still remember the shot rolling out the end of the barrel if I tipped it dawn, crimps weren't the best in those days. Got away from loading for several years until about 1975 and started loading for hunting with 243 with a couple Friends. I'm not real heavy into it right now but have all the tools for it. I have 1/2 interest in a Dillon 450 with upgrades which is at My Brothers house just around the corner. Need to get it cleaned up and running. It hasn't been used in probably 20 years.
Perry
Perry in Bangor----++++===Calif
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

Old Savage wrote:8/29/89
Egads! :shock: Did something else special happen that day?? :wink:

Oly
Cheers,
Oly

I hope and pray someday the world will learn
That fires we don't put out will bigger burn

Johnny Wright
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Started with Lee Loader in .45 Colt
Then went to a RCBS Junior ( many rounds on that )
Then a RCBS Rockchucker
Now a Dillon 550 RL
guido4198
Senior Levergunner

Post by guido4198 »

Must have been somewhere in the late 1950's. I was an 8 or 9 yr old kid helping Dad build .38 spl. wadcutters. One of my first jobs was putting the freshly cast bullets he had made through the Lyman Lube-sizer. The nasty black lube was the standard back then. Loading was done with a Lyman "Ezy-Loader" press and Lyman # 55 powder measure. I still have all his (now) "vintage" gear. I still use the moulds he used and the Lyman powder measure is clamped to my bench as we speak. I'll be loading more 5.56 rounds with it today.
I enjoy the feeling of "connection" with my Dad whenever I realize I'm using any of the reloading gear I inherited from him.

Thanks for asking. Great memories.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

I was in my early 20's when my uncle gave me my grandfather's old reloading gear.
A Hollywood Gun Shop press and powder measure, couple sets of dies and two wooden crates full of empty brass.
I spent days separating all that brass, mostly .38 Spl, .45ACP and .30-06.

Still use the Hollywood press but got a Dillon 550 about ten years ago so I use that for all my pistol cals.
I'm up to @ 40 die sets these days and i'll be adding a set of 8mm Mauser here shortly for the FN I got for
Christmas. :shock:

It all started because I could only find one box of 32-20s in the area and I think even then they were $35!
How was I gonna feed my new model 92? Still my favorite!

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

dang...some time in early 93 44 and 12ga...
12ga mostly for sporting calys tourneys
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Borregos »

Started reloading for the 44 Mag in March of '94 :D
Pete
Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile gnawing through the leather straps to get up in the morning..................
yooper2
Levergunner 3.0

Post by yooper2 »

First rounds I loaded were reduced 45-70 loads with 2400 and bullets I had cast the day before. My grandad was standing there walking me through it. By the time I was 14 he was letting me load full loads of black on my own for the same.

Eric
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I started in the fall of 82 with my dad. We loaded for the only two rifles we had, 94 carbines in 30-30. Loaded on an ancient Herters no. 3 converted to use RCBS shell holders. I used it again when i moved. Still have it in storage.
We loaded a lot of Hornady 170's and IMR3031. I have many fond memories of that old gun room. There wasn't a lot of guns in it but i learned a lot.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

I remember well. Got all of what I needed to load the 38/357 back in Dec. of '72. This is how it looked in July of '73---------3 sets of dies. At the time no one that I knew reloaded. I did this on my own as that brass grip framed Ruger OM needed food and at $2.25 an hour, factory ammo was not gonna happen. I even started casting on my own by reading the Lyman manual.

Today. 60 sets of dies later. Any hard core gun guy never stops buying guns or reloading equipment. Listen here.........any guys here with a watchful eye can see a dedicated reloader NEVER throws out anything that is still useful----Look at the first pic with the butter containers on the top shelf and next shelf down. They have these labels on them. Now...........look closely at the second pic, down towards the bottom, right next to the trash can---------Those are the same butter containers. (stacked inside each other) 40 years and still cranking baby! :D
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

In '69 I had a Rossi 3" .38 and one day when I purchased some ammo, I looked at one and thought "I wonder if I could make one of these?". Did a little looking, bought a Lee loader, a pound of Bullseye, some generic lead bullets, one hundred CCI primers (I could only afford 100 at a time), and use a lead hammer outta my toolbox. I reloaded enough to keep me shooting for several months (I shot at a local police range and was allowed to pick up some brass and found cheap cast bulets on sale). Been reloading off and on since (a divorce forced the sale of my updated reloading equipment in '86) and still have some Lee Loaders I use whenever I feel "retro" (along with 4 presses, 4 assorted powder measures and scales, and all the tools and dies collected over twenty years).
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

'Ya know guys, there's one thing I have noticed about these posts. We started with very limited means and accepted the fact we could only afford to load for 1 or 2 calibers.......and were very content and happy with the fact. For the most part, this also included other aspects of our lives, like cars, houses, whatever.

These young guys today want it all.....right away. When my son got started in reloading, it was a progressive right off the bat, then 10 guns a year, new vehicles when I had to work on my vehicle on weekends so I could drive it through the week, semi-exotic vacations when I never got out of Pa. until I was 40.....................maybe I'm just jealous. :D -----------------------Sixgun

jhrosier
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jhrosier »

I started in about '64 loading shotshells on a MEC Hydramec for a fellow who reloaded commercially in his spare time. He "paid" me by giving me a couple of boxes of 45 ACP every week to "test" in my Webley revolver. That was a pretty good deal for an impoverished teenager.

A few years later when I was employed, I got a basic reloading setup to feed my Lee Enfield.

Jack
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

1963 I was a sophomore in High School and my buddy's dad, Lyle, taught us how to reload by making up some 270 loads for deer hunting. I think it was an old Lee Single stage press but I remember we loaded up 20rds with 130grn SPs and Winchester primers into Winchester cases on that little single stage press in his kitchen. His wife wasn't too happy with us making a mess in her space either. Can't remember the power but it seems to me it was in a can with a black oval on a white background label (?????). So long ago, I really don't remember as he was teaching his two sons and me so the three of us were creating a bit of confusion. :lol:
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
Charles
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Charles »

It was 1958 and for a 1894 Winchester rifle I owned. I used Remington cases, 3031 powder and Hornaday 170 FN bullets. I could check my records and come up with the exact date and charge weight, but that is too much work right now. I do remember I used to much case lube and had some oil dents in the case shoulder. That is when I learned not to use that much case lube.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Hey Six, got lanterns? :D
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Boreman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Boreman »

Started reloading in 1959 when I was in highschool with an old MEC 12 GA press.It was in a corner of my parents basement on a table that my Mother use for canning. I got my start from a neighbor who was in the USAF. He reloaded the 218 Bee.Reloading and firearms have been my passion eversince.
Model-71's forever !!!!
NRA Patriot Life Member
Endowment level
FOPA #5
GOA,Inc
WVCDL,INC
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Post by sore shoulder »

FWiedner wrote:I clearly remember the urgent need of a bullet puller...
Me too, and it's how I got my user name here :lol: . Loading 405gr cast in a 45-70 case with a forgotten amount of 4198 to a number over 2000fps that I won't divulge and firing from a guide gun. After 4 rounds, I decided that was just unnecessary.
"He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance." Declaration of Independance, July 4, 1776
11B30
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Old Savage wrote:Hey Six, got lanterns? :D
OS, I got more railroad lanterns than you got indentations. (well, maybe) I must have 20 of them around here, most from the turn of the century. Some have red glass and some are clear. An old timer friend of mine gave me a mess back in the seventies. Yea, they still work.

Canuck Bob
Senior Levergunner

Post by Canuck Bob »

About 30 years ago. First load was a 444 Marlin, then within a year 45 ACP, a 7MM Rem Magnum which I disliked and sold to upgrade to a 375 H&H.
BILLYDIXON
Levergunner 1.0

Post by BILLYDIXON »

I started in 1976 when I lived in Lubbock, TX. I bought my Colt SAA in 1975 for $300 and shot every week a box of ammo was $8.75. I saved all the brass bought a Rock Chucker and a set of dies for $45.00. I bought a Ruger #1 in 45/70. Bought a 03 for $75.00 and a Rem 600 in .308. And the rest is history. I load for about 16 diff. Calibers. I started loading my Mec 650 in 12 a grabber in 20 ga and a 650 in 28 ga. And 410. I bought a PW in .410 that press will load over 600 rds per hour. I shot Skeet for years 20 years ago when shot was $9.00/ bag by the ton.
BD
NRA Life
GOA Life
NSSA Life
AMA Life
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Post by M. M. Wright »

Started loading 38 specials on a Hollywood turret press when I was 13. That's 60 years ago so '52? Press belonged to a recreation club at the factory my Dad worked for.

Got my first Lee-Loader for the .308 I built from an $8.00 Manlicher-Schoenauer action and an old water cooled machine gun barrel. I remember using 130 grain bullets in it.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS