Ysabel Kid! You dirty, rotten, no-good, sheep-herding....

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Wayne Miller
Levergunner 2.0

Ysabel Kid! You dirty, rotten, no-good, sheep-herding....

Post by Wayne Miller »

son of a Scruffy-Looking Nerf Herder! You have got some nerve! Here I am, going through life, content with competing with Terry Murbach for the "Grumpy Old Cuss" title, and you come along and do something completely unsolicited and, and....nice! :evil: I mean, what the HECK were you thinking?!? Now I have to come out of my cave, blink at the sunlight and THANK YOU for the absolutely wonderful .56-50 Spencer Blakeslee Quick Loader box that showed up on my doorstep today! You and your boy did a wonderful job, and he should be proud of the work he did. It was WELL worth the Cub Scout "Craftsman" pin he earned doing it!

The only downside to this wonderful gift is that you are going to force me to break down and cast a metric butt-load of bullets for my Spencer and take this nifty package to the range. Thank you so very much! Sorry I didn't post any pics, but I'll bet you have some floating around your hard drive that you could post so folks know what we are jabbering about!

WOO-HOO!! :D
Wayne Miller
(Known as "Mossyrock" elsewhere)

"We thought about it for a long time... 'Endeavor to persevere.' And when we had thought about it long enough, we declared war on the Union."

Lone Watie
Jeff Pitts
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Jeff Pitts »

Wayne? You are in MOSSYROCK now?

I thought you were in Toledo!!

stuff, I sense a breakfast at 'Sisters' Now.............. :D

Jeff
Wayne Miller
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Wayne Miller »

Jeff Pitts wrote:Wayne? You are in MOSSYROCK now?

I thought you were in Toledo!!

stuff, I sense a breakfast at 'Sisters' Now.............. :D

Jeff
Hi Jeff! Nope, no such luck...my FOLKS are in Toledo, I am still in Graham up near Eatonville. The "Mossyrock" comes from where my family is from.... All that means is that we will need to make it lunch... :D
Wayne Miller

"We thought about it for a long time... 'Endeavor to persevere.' And when we had thought about it long enough, we declared war on the Union."

Lone Watie
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Post by Malamute »

Wow! Thats pretty strong language.

Does he really herd sheep?

I was kinda startin to like him before I heard that.
cnjarvis
Senior Levergunner

Post by cnjarvis »

The last time I saw one of those boxes it was on the old forum - it was a beaut! Somebody post pix soon!

Sheep? I thought they were "Grass Maggots". :shock: :wink:
Jeff Pitts
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Jeff Pitts »

Wayne Miller wrote:...my FOLKS are in Toledo, I am still in Graham up near Eatonville. .... All that means is that we will need to make it lunch... :D
HeyWayne! I can do lunch, too!

Heck, I can do breakfast, then sit and wait for you and lunch........ :lol:

Jeff
Wayne Miller
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Wayne Miller »

cnjarvis wrote:The last time I saw one of those boxes it was on the old forum - it was a beaut! Somebody post pix soon!
Well, if Jay doesn't post any, I will snap some photos this evening (I hope). This thing is really cool! :D :shock: :D
Wayne Miller

Lone Watie
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Wow! "Nef herder".... well I never! :lol: :lol: :lol: He's up there in class with that rjohns94! Had a gift show up on my doorstep... well, actually at the P.O., but... I was goin' inta town anyway!

Pretty cool, Wayne, a gift, a Cub "Craftsman" badge, AND forcin' a grouchy ol' bear to come outta his cave! :lol: :mrgreen:
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Malamute wrote:Wow! Thats pretty strong language.

Does he really herd sheep?

I was kinda startin to like him before I heard that.
Can you really remain a member of this forum if you Herd Sheep :?: :?: :lol:
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
don Tomás
Levergunner 3.0

Post by don Tomás »

KiiiiiiiiD!

(I think Jay mentioned he was headed off to a school outing with his boy and won't be back on until tonight or tomorrow).
Tom
Tom

'A Man's got to have a code...
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."

-John Bernard Books. Jan. 22, 1901
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

If kids off on an outing, this gives us a chance to catch up on a few posts to his total. :D :D
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Wayne Miller
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Wayne Miller »

rjohns94 wrote:If kids off on an outing, this gives us a chance to catch up on a few posts to his total. :D :D
Yup!
Wayne Miller

Lone Watie
Wayne Miller
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Wayne Miller »

rjohns94 wrote:If kids off on an outing, this gives us a chance to catch up on a few posts to his total. :D :D
Yup!
Wayne Miller

Lone Watie
Wayne Miller
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Wayne Miller »

Yup!

:D
Wayne Miller

Lone Watie
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Who you calling "scruffy looking"? :D

Yup - got back late Wednesday. Just too beat to log in - had 143 work e-mails to start going through. Maybe 4 hours sleep total in 2 nights, and I'm too old for that!!! :shock:

Wayne, we were happy to do it. Glad you enjoyed the Blakeslee Box, and looking forward to hearing all kinds of range reports.

Here's some photos we took before mailing it:

I apologize for the photo quality - I am not Kirk!

My son and I found the wine box, and started with that. We found pipe that would hold the .56-50 Spencer round, then another that would hold that pipe. The larger pipes form the sleeves for the actual "cartridge tubes". He drilled out the base and top himself, then I helped him assemble it. He helped cut out the "US" on the scroll saw and then sanded it. The finish is a textured spray paint with "Plastic-Kote" (the plastic tool handle dip stuff) sprayed on. Looks like leather and should be pretty tough.

It was a fun project and a cool way for him to earn his "Craftsman" Cub Scout badge.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

That's pretty darned cool!

8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

very kewl
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot