35 Remington Brass?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Mainehunter
Senior Levergunner

35 Remington Brass?

Post by Mainehunter »

I know that Remington makes seasonal runs on the brass but just a few minutes ago I went on Midwayusa website and they are not listing 35 Remington brass anymore. What gives?

Mainehunter :wink:
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Re: 35 Remington Brass?

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

I bought mine off of e-bay but you might try Huntington`s or Buffalo Arms.
http://www.huntingtons.com/cases_starline.html

http://www.buffaloarms.com/

They both have helped me out on many an occasion. :D
Mainehunter
Senior Levergunner

Post by Mainehunter »

Thanks! I'll check them out!

msmith1228
Levergunner 2.0

Post by msmith1228 »

I bought some from midway 2 weeks ago.
msmith1228
Levergunner 2.0

Post by msmith1228 »

I just checked, they have bags of 50 in stock.
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/139044 ... -remington
Mainehunter
Senior Levergunner

Post by Mainehunter »

msmith1228 wrote:I just checked, they have bags of 50 in stock.
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/139044 ... -remington
Ooops :oops: let me rephrase. Remington brand, 35 Remington brass and yes I noticed they have Winchester brand in-stock.
41 Redhawk
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 41 Redhawk »

Check with forum member 8ball. He had some new Remington of which I bought 100. At that time I believe he had 200 left. Good guy to do business with as well.
The Lord Bless You

Terry
Mainehunter
Senior Levergunner

Post by Mainehunter »

41 Redhawk wrote:Check with forum member 8ball. He had some new Remington of which I bought 100. At that time I believe he had 200 left. Good guy to do business with as well.
Thanks! I'll check it out.

AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Our Gander Mountain has boxes of 20 factory loads for about $39.00. . . :shock:

Get some brass wherever you can (even over-priced factory loads), and reload carefully with non-maxed-out, neck-sized loads, to conserve your brass.

It's one of the most under-recognized good rounds of the past century.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

Post by earlmck »

I see what you mean, Mainehunter -- no Remington brass to be had. If you don't find what you want soon I'd suggest you scoop up some of that Winchester brass and carry on. If you really really want only Remington brass I'll trade you several-times (maybe 5) fired Remington for some of that new Winchester :lol:
The greatest patriot...
is he who heals the most gullies.
Patrick Henry
Mainehunter
Senior Levergunner

Post by Mainehunter »

earlmck wrote:I see what you mean, Mainehunter -- no Remington brass to be had. If you don't find what you want soon I'd suggest you scoop up some of that Winchester brass and carry on. If you really really want only Remington brass I'll trade you several-times (maybe 5) fired Remington for some of that new Winchester :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: You maybe right on buying some Winchester brass....for now. How much difference are they in case capacities and such?

Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

JMO, but I don't think there's not going to be much of anything Remington available, for awhile - since they've gone up for sale.

Ratpacker
Levergunner

Post by Ratpacker »

I've loaded .35 Rem. for my T/C Contender . As memory serves, the Rem. & Win. cases have no measurable difference. I have downed 2 animals with that pistol & caliber.
Here, hold this drink for me, and watch this !!! General Custer.........wore the first arrow shirt.
earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

Post by earlmck »

Mainehunter wrote:How much difference are they in case capacities and such?
Even though I bought a batch of once-fired brass 20 years ago (at that time I didn't have a 35 Remington in the stable, used them to make 6.5 Jap) I don't have any Winchester brass at all -- just Remington and Federal. I just checked a couple and the Federal held 47.7 grains of ball powder level full and the Remington 49.2. So the Remington held about 3% more powder. I've not been using different loads for them. A couple of years ago I got another hundred new Remington that are mixed in with the rest of the herd, so come to think of it, I might have trouble coming up with a hundred rounds I knew for sure hadn't been fired more'n about 5 times... :D

I don't recall ever losing one of these cases to failure (it'd be neck splits I'd expect) though I had more trouble sizing the Federals to 6.5 Jap without losing them, in my dim recollection. The older brass has had one neck-anneal, back when I was ready to add the new stuff to the mix. So they appear to last a long time, though most of my shooting is with lower-pressure cast bullet loads.

In the "good old days" I just neck-sized these (using 357 carbide die followed by Lyman "M" neck-expanding die) which was nice and lube-less. But now I have several different rifles and have been full-length sizing so I don't have to worry about hard-chambering because of using them in a different rifle. But I have checked the hardness of chambering and I could weed the bunch down to a mere 3 rifles that would all chamber each others fired cases without great effort. May do that one of these years.
The greatest patriot...
is he who heals the most gullies.
Patrick Henry