Favorite 32 special loads

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Favorite 32 special loads

Post by rjohns94 »

Would like to hear about ur favorite loads for this wonderful old caliber. I hear its a great caliber for cast bullet shooting. Which mold do you like? Thanks in advance
Last edited by rjohns94 on Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
EdinCT
Levergunner 3.0

Re: Favorite 32 special loads

Post by EdinCT »

I have and old Lyman 184 gr mold 321297 That shoots very well over 27.5 gr of IMR 3031. I would like to shoot a deer with it before my eyes get much worse :)
I also hear good things about the RCBS bullet but never tried it.
yooper2
Levergunner 3.0

Post by yooper2 »

My favorite jacketed load is 30 grs. of Reloader 7 behind Speer's Hot-Cor 170 gr. It's quite accurate, hits hard, and opens up well.

The best cast load I've come up with is 17.5 grs. of SR-4759 behind behind RCBS #32-170-FN. This one comes from the Cast Bullet Handbook and has given excellent accuracy in my old 94. Excellent bullet for the Special.

I've fiddled with various bullets designed for the 32-40 but never really got anywhere with them.

Eric
Charles
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Charles »

I use the RCBS 170 FNGC over 30/H335. It is the only load I have tried, because it was so good, I could see no purpose in trying to find anything better. It is a full snort load.
victor
Levergunner 2.0

Post by victor »

RCBS 8-170-fngc sized at .323.Using 16 grs. of 2400 you could shoot all day without rubbing your shoulder afterwards.Also used 24 grs.of Reloder 7,another mid-range load.BIL just got a chrono so will be checking velocities soon.Some day I'll try hollow pointing this bullet and see how that works.
Vic
Winchester Model 94(61').32 Winchester Special
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Gentlemen, if any of you that have the RCBS 170 FN mold would be willing to sell me 50 or 100 lubed, gas-checked and sized I would be forever in your debt. Name your price, if so inclined.
32WINSPL
Levergunner

Post by 32WINSPL »

Well, Midway USA finally delivered my dies that I ordered in 32 WS. But the confusing thing is that the data card that came with the dies does not match what I have in my circa 2002 Lee's Modern Reloading. For the 170 grain bullet the hard copy manual shows that the maximum load for reloader 7 is 27 grains. The card that came with the dies however states that the maximum load is 24 grains. This conflicts with the hard copy book as the minimum charge is 24.3 grains.

Needless to say I am confused. I just got a shipment of 170 grain LFNs (no gas check) from Rim Rock Bullets, and now am a bit worried about a safe recipe. I've tried the internet, and as a result I am even more confused. Any suggestions or fellow members with some experience with similar loadings?

Thanks,
Bill