OT-NEF takes forever

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Jason_W
Senior Levergunner

OT-NEF takes forever

Post by Jason_W »

They seem like nice people there, so I'm not really complaining.

I sent in my handi for a second barrel over a month ago (confirming their receipt, of course) and it's still not back.

Do they wait until they have enough orders before firing up the machines for a run?
My first attempt at an outdoors website: http://www.diyballistics.com
Thunder50
Senior Levergunner

Post by Thunder50 »

If you sent it in a month ago, I would figure that you should get it in sometime around the end of April. They had mine almost 3 months.
Jason_W
Senior Levergunner

Post by Jason_W »

Thunder50 wrote:If you sent it in a month ago, I would figure that you should get it in sometime around the end of April. They had mine almost 3 months.
If you decide you want another barrel at a later time, do you have to go through the same process, or do they keep data on record so they can manufacture a new barrel without fitting it to the receiver?
dr walker
Senior Levergunner

Post by dr walker »

Jason,
Give them a call. I have only sent in for 2 different barrels, but I never waited more than 6 weeks. It has been a few years , so maybe their times have changed.

What did you end up getting?

The first barrel I sent in for I included a little note about the trigger pull being heavy, when it was returned it had a 3.5 # and crisp trigger pull, much improved.
Jason_W
Senior Levergunner

Post by Jason_W »

dr walker wrote:Jason,
Give them a call. I have only sent in for 2 different barrels, but I never waited more than 6 weeks. It has been a few years , so maybe their times have changed.

What did you end up getting?

The first barrel I sent in for I included a little note about the trigger pull being heavy, when it was returned it had a 3.5 # and crisp trigger pull, much improved.
I bought a .223 and I'm getting it fitted for a .30-30. I'm also kicking around getting a 45/70 for it.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Jason,
They most likely have everything to do you job already on hand. It is a really small dept. within NEF that handles these barrels and sometimes they get backed up. If you ask them before you send the gun in while on the phone with them they can give you a turn around time that's pretty accurate.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
canonsix
Levergunner 2.0

Post by canonsix »

It has never taken more than 5 1/2 weeks for the 4 barrels I have had done. Your patience will be rewarded. :D Doug
a armed man is his own master
Jason_W
Senior Levergunner

Post by Jason_W »

canonsix wrote:It has never taken more than 5 1/2 weeks for the 4 barrels I have had done. Your patience will be rewarded. :D Doug
I'm not in a huge hurry, really.

I'm just a product of the "now" generation :oops:
Jeeps
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Jeeps »

It could have something to do with being a part of Marlin and Marlin being
taken over by Remington. Maybe there were some layoffs or changes in
management.
Jeeps

Semper Fidelis

Pay attention to YOUR Bill of Rights, in this day and age it is all we have.
Bluehawk
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Bluehawk »

Depends on the time of the year, from what I have seen . I have one receiver with fitted barrels for 223; 30/30; 30/06/ ; 45/70 ; and 3 1/2 IN 12Gauage ALL fit well and all shoot well Some better than others but that has nothing to do with the fit of the barrels its an individual thing with the fore stock and barrel All are serviceable for hunting but the 223 and the 45/70 barrels are tack drivers
The right way is always the hardest. It's like the law of nature , water always takes the path of least resistence...... That's why we get crooked rivers and crooked men . TR Theodore the Great