Colt 22 & FM Hi-Power

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Colt 22 & FM Hi-Power

Post by pwl44m »

As promised , here is The little Colt and the Argentine Hi-Power.
I have had the Colt in My possesion for 15 years or so. I was boarding some Horses (4) for a Woman that was almost Homeless. She had 3 Guns that She needed to store somewhere safe so I kept them for Her. They were - The Colt 22, a Winchester 94 (pre 64) in 32 spl and an old Double barrel 20 gauge. Istill have the 94 but have since sold the shotgun. She said that if anything ever happened to Her that they were Mine. About 10 years later after not hearing from Her for aout 6 months ( wich wasn't uncommon) but not so long. After that period of feeding Her Horses and caring for them I decided it was time to call Her Daughter to see what was up. She informed Me that Her Mother had died of Cancer . I was aware that She was diagnosed with it but not to what extent. I told Her of the Guns and the only one She was interested in was the 94. I told Her that if She would pay for the boarding and the feed that I would let Her have the 94 for Her Son. Never heard from Her again. Simple little story but that is howI aqired the Colt 22.
The Hi-Power I bought outright, an investment if U please. In the pics You can definitly tell it has a 2 piece barrel. Did some research on it before I bought it and found out it was made on FN machinery without FN supervision and QC. They are still exclnt Guns but aren't "Browning Hi-Powers as We know them wich is what the seller was claiming. Hence the cheap price I managedt o wrangle. Gotta leave a profit margine dontcha know. It came with a 10 rnd Mag but I bought a 13 rnd Browning kit to compliment the Gun. end of story.
Now for pics as terrible as they are.
Perry
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Perry in Bangor----++++===Calif
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Colt 22 & FM Hi-Power

Post by OldWin »

Those are nice. That Argentine looks really good and I know the Argentine Colts were very nice pistols so......
I have 2 Colt frontier scouts like yours. One my father purchased new long ago. It was the first handgun I ever fired. The second I bought 15 or so years ago. It's a convertible and as new in the box. Both shoot very well.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Pisgah
Senior Levergunner

Post by Pisgah »

In my experience, that FM Hipower is, in practical terms, every bit the gun that a Browning is, and actually has better sights and, usually, a bettere trigger.
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Thanks what u want for the 22? :mrgreen: That is a memory from 1977. God it makes me feel old.
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
Chris83716
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Chris83716 »

I have the twin brother of your FM. They are not as pretty as a true highpower but they work just as well.

Chris