Fabricated a new siver blade sight on my Stinger Low Wall

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Nicknack
Levergunner 1.0

Fabricated a new siver blade sight on my Stinger Low Wall

Post by Nicknack »

I bought this old Winchester Low Wall in 32WCF which was had been badly abused over her life.I had the barrel relined and I also sanded the stock back at the grip as someone put two great X cuts on it.Years ago some one had filed the flats down as you can see the file marks on the barrel.
The blade from the front sight and the elevator from the rear sight was missing so I fabricated a new silver fore sight from a silver coin and fitted a tang peep sight and removed the rear sight and replaced it with a dovetail blank.
The gunsmith was a little rough and marked four of the flats with the jaws of the lathe chuck.
It has the rare ''The Stinger" merchant stamp which is generic to Perry Brothers in my home town here in Brisbane Queensland Australia.Perry Brothers got Winchester to stamp this mark on their Winchesters and I have seen the wasp on 1894's 1892's and also on a Model 65 218 BEE. And I never stripped the sight screw as i have a full set of the excellent Wheeler gun screw driver set, I will try and find another screw,some people are rough on their rifles.
After I fitted the blade I think I have the sight base back to front ?
Regards Dallas
Copy of The Stinger 006.jpg
Copy of The Stinger 001.jpg
Copy of The Stinger 002.jpg
Copy of The Stinger 003.jpg
Copy of The Stinger 004.jpg
Copy of The Stinger 005.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Nicknack on Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's dead easy to die; it's the keeping on living that's hard - Douglas Mawson - Scientist and polar survivor
Griff
Posting leader...

Re: Fabricated a new siver blade sight on my Stinger Low Wal

Post by Griff »

Looks good. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I need a .32-20 of some sort... When I was cleaning up my loading bench I found a full box of .32-20 ammo I'd reloaded some years ago when I was testing an 1892 that I was interested in. The wife put the stop to that deal... (I should never tell her about 'em beforehand)! :P
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Fabricated a new siver blade sight on my Stinger Low Wal

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

Looks good ! :D