Savage Rascal?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Savage Rascal?

Post by El Chivo »

Curious about the accuracy; I know it's for kids but it might fill the bill for me for a light hunter or, easy to carry on a bicycle if need be. Just want to know if it's got the accuracy of most any other .22 out there. Or any problems you know of.
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
Hagler
Senior Levergunner

Re: Savage Rascal?

Post by Hagler »

El Chivo,

Jeff did a review of that rifle:

http://www.gunblast.com/Savage-Rascal.htm

I have held one, and it feels solid. Academy had one for $149.95. I like the fact that it has a loading ramp, to help get them tiny rounds into the chamber. It has the AccuTrigger, and it cocks on closing, too. My two biggest complaints are that the bolt knob is quite small, and the steel barrel (even thought it is very slim) & plastic stock makes it front-heavy. Savage also sells a lefthanded version.

Loading/ Feed Ramp:

Comparison of "Standard" & Rascal Bolt Handles:

"AccuTrigger" Trigger:

Shawn
"That's right, Billy, I'm good with it. I hit what I shoot at, and I'm fast!"-Lucas McCain, c1882.
ImageImage
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

Savage also sells a lefthanded version
that's why it caught my eye, and the lefty is wood and a little more expensive than the others.

Thanks, will check out the review.
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
samb
Levergunner 3.0

Post by samb »

Uh oh, a lefty you say. I bought one last summer for my four year old son. He seams to be a lefty, I had no idea they made a left hand version. If I see one we will have one each! I will try it this week and report on accuracy. It points naturally because he knocked over a water bottle from eight feet about four out of six tries the first and only time he has fired it.
Sam
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

The .22lr is usually quite accurate in a barrel between 4 inches and 22 inches. It is a forgiving round in that it is so well balanced in terms of power, velocity, and accuracy that the barrel length is not a big part of the equation. I started my son on a Crickett and it was as accurate as the human eye could see.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost