Just bought a new 1894c 357. Gold Dots feed OK in it?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
mrb60
Levergunner

Just bought a new 1894c 357. Gold Dots feed OK in it?

Post by mrb60 »

Bought the above rifle along with a new Ruger GP100. Always wanted to have a pair like this in the same caliber. The mouth of the Gold Dot looks huge so I wondered if it would pose a feed problem. Am sort of leaning toward the Hornady XTP from Reeds Ammo online. Can some of you relate your experiences with any brand 357 concerning feed reliability?

Mike.
Mike
RKrodle
Senior Levergunner

Post by RKrodle »

The Marlins seem to me to vary alot from one to the next. Some will feed anything and some can be finicky. I had a 1894 CB that would even feed CCI snake shot with no problems but, my 1894c's are more picky. But I have not had any problems with hollow points, only SWC's.

oh by the way, welcome to the board :D . More folks with more experience will be along shortly to give some very good advise. Where in Tehas are you from.
Ricky

DWWC
gon2shoot
Levergunner 2.0

Post by gon2shoot »

I have ran gold dot with no problems.
?are you related to Terry? :D
grit yer teeth an pull the trigger
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

I load just about every thing in .357 and my grandson's 1894 Marlin will feed what ever he puts through it. Reckon he got a good one.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
mrb60
Levergunner

Post by mrb60 »

RKrodle- I'm located just south of Dallas.

gon2shoot- Probably not related to the Terry you're thinking of but I do have a brother named Terry.

Thanks for the answers. I was trying to decide between Reeds Ammo (XTP) and DoubleTap Ammo (GoldDot). I have bought from both of them in the past. Want to buy from one to save on shipping.
Mike
PPpastordon
Levergunner 2.0

Post by PPpastordon »

mrb60 wrote:RKrodle- I'm located just south of Dallas.
mrb60;
Welcome aboard. How interesting; you are my oldest son's "neighbor!" He just moved to that area.
Enjoy the lever/revolver combo.
Where are the pictures?

Grace and Peace.
Pastordon
Pastordon's Blog
The man who thinks he knows something does not yet know as he ought to know. (1 Cor. 8:2)